Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: The Smiling, Proud Wanderer 2017 《笑傲江湖》 Ding Guan Sen, Xue Hao Jing

1. Another part which I cannot comprehend. Why did Yilin become the chief of Heng Sect? She is not the most senior. Did LHC say so?
    2. All-in-all, is DFBB the best fighter in this series?

I watch a couple minutes of this drama and I don't know what to make of it. LHC is not suppose to be that young. I mean wow. He's a baby and I can't imagine him drinking wine and loving wine, probably someone's little brother drink his first sip of wine and spit it out or get drunk with just one sip. This is just wrong. I don't know. I can't wrap my mind around this cast selection. I have one favorite XAJH adaptation and the ones the past 10 years do not even qualify to be my favorite. #jackieluiFTW
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Oh not the Peach Valley guys too

Halfway through Ep 35 right now.

That scene of YBQ holding his wife’s sword and grieving for her earlier in the episode. I couldn’t help but feel a bit sad for him then. This show has actually made me feel sad for the horrid YBQ. Wow. I think I’m ok with this story change and this side of him though.

Just when I thought the LHC actor couldn’t handle grief (overacted when YLS and Ning Zhongze died), he recovered rather nicely in that scene in Ep 35, in front of the graves of Ning Zhongze and YLS. That was a good scene to me and his performance in it felt subtle and natural enough. Music in the scene was good too.

I’ve taken to not skipping DFBB now that I know the actor fights well. The fight on the roof between him and YBQ+Monk+Chongxu in Ep 33 was nice.

Quote Originally Posted by poppies View Post
    Just when I thought the LHC actor couldn’t handle grief (overacted when YLS and Ning Zhongze died), he recovered rather nicely in that scene in Ep 35, in front of the graves of Ning Zhongze and YLS. That was a good scene to me and his performance in it felt subtle and natural enough. Music in the scene was good too.
    Yes, I like this scene too. Luckily, he recovered fast or else RYY may be dead.

1minute video

https://v.qq.com/x/cover/8jkko7n7si6...026h4vvtz.html

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://i.imgur.com/UKsM8g1.jpg')

On episode 35, WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON

IDK how to do spoilers so skip if you don't want to read them:

HOW THE **** CAN THEY JUST KILL RWX OFF SCREEN LIKE THAT. ALL THAT SCREEN TIME FOR RWX TO DO ABSOLUTE **** ALL EXCEPT GETTING PLAYED RANDOMLY BY A BUNCH OF PLEBS, WHERE'S THE PAY OFF. SPEAKING OF GETTTING PLAYED, WERE THE SCREENWRITERS HIGH ON GAME OF THRONES OR SOMETHING? EVERYONE IS SCHEMING EVEN ****ING PING YI ZHI THE DOCTOR. PEOPLE DOING RANDOM STUFF AS IF THE CHARACTERS KNEW EXACTLY WHAT WAS WRITTEN IN THE SCRIPT, so many inconsistencies and random "oh shit i just played u xd" moments. Also WTF IS GOING ON WITH THE WEIRDOS THAT ARE SUPPOSED TO SERVE RYY TO THE DEATH BUT HERE THE SICK DAUGHTER DIES AND THEY WANT TO REBEL OR SOME SHIT.

Something that struck me about this LHC is that during the scene where him and RYY are chatting about retiring, he's like "this isnt the jianghu I remember" but **** me this LHC didn't do shit to establish a youthful innocent personality at the start. He hasn't shown he loves alcohol, he barely showed the naivety at the start (imo one of the most crucial parts of this was him serving gugu with respect without knowing its a chick but in this they just whip off her mask immediately), doesn't show playful nature, 0 relationship with YLS because they just jumped forward through the plot etc etc. They've butchered so many chars in this production. It's a travesty. I'm deducting this show to a 5/10. It should be lower but imo if you finish a series and enjoyed it(even if it was a mess), still deserves a 5 at least.

These last 2-3 eps better ****ing do something to salvage stuff because WTF IS GOING ON.

What on earth is going on with the music. Heard game of thrones theme tune randomly multiples times now.

since when linghu chong learnt ice-type inner energy?
    this is LHC's martial art that only appear on this adaptation, u wont find it in novel nor other tv adaptation

who knows zuo lengchan taught him that inner energy?

Attachment 10322

He drank the blood of the snake that consumed the ice poison silkworm.

I don't understand why LFH need to approach DFBB ,
    She expect top fighter to survive 2 knifes into back and need to do another finishing move ?

It fits the scriptwriter's intention to have these sects getting wipeout with LFH dead.
    What a production shortcut, showing Wudang and Shaolin defeated with 2 items on a tray.
    Last edited by krabs; 04-04-18 at 12:51 AM.

I rate it 5/10 overall

rushed plot at final 4 episodes

DFBB's plottwist is too abrupt and doesn't piece together
    LACK OF NEEDLE FIGHT !

lpz ybq yls rode a horse only once
    waste of director's effort to send LHC DFBB for horse training

bullsht by the director
    about their efforts at creating weather effects , actors jumping into water , attention to prop details
    1 rain scene early in the series and no more !
    water scenes and props are not remarkable
    only 2 swords have a backstory and they came from women
    the torched wood were never in the camera focus and overwhelmed by the fire CGI , they could have just spray painted instead of real propane torch

almost all side characters died ...

RWX actor seem to have disappeared as they used a different body double under the mask , visibly different chin and eyes

inconsistent fighting and QingGong level
    example the final episode , LHC RYY had to showoff they could leap to the tallest building in the series
    best QingGong demo goes to PingYiZhi running across river surface

LHC was no longer in danger at about halfway through the plot after learning StarSucking to solve his inner energy problem. It made the plot lose excitement as you have an invulnerable person walking around with no more skill upgrades and he lost to DFBB in the final showdown.
    Last edited by krabs; 04-04-18 at 12:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by krabs View Post
    LACK OF NEEDLE FIGHT !

RWX actor seem to have disappeared as they used a different body double under the mask , visibly different chin and eyes

best QingGong demo goes to PingYiZhi running across river surface
    1. Needles threw only once/twice?
    2. Really. Didn't notice this part.
    3. As a result, I thought he must be extremely highly skilled. and yet, he died so easily.

Was there a blooper when DFBB went to the Five Sect Mountains in the last episode? Only four chairs were prepared for the chiefs. At that time, he did not know the fight in the cave.

Lan Feng Huang actress is the director's wife ..... saw this mentioned on Tieba forums and just confirmed it with a google search.

https://www.bagualaile.com/mingxingm...04/132796.html

Lan Feng Huang actress is the director's wife ..... saw this mentioned on Tieba forums and just confirmed it with a google search.
    But I guess she's pretty enough to fit the role LFH. Regarding her acting... hmm just so-so (not good not bad, i don't have any cmt abt this character).
    However, thanks for the info. Funny huh?! LFH was moved from a small character in the novel to a supporting one here.

I've finished. No more

At the end of Ep 36, YBQ was walking away from LHC and suddenly...ROCH music. Threw me off a bit. Not because it was bad music but it made me think of ROCH, a different vibe. Took me out of the scene, out of Xiao Ao Jiang Hu entirely.

Poor LHC. First LPZ and then YBQ. The decisions and actions he went through that day. And then watching his Shifu urging, essentially choosing, to be killed. Knowing that his Shifu would, must, soon die. Watching him die in front of him. Must have torn him up.

I kind of feel sorry for YBQ. He had such crazy plans, to conquer this and that.

A sad ending for the whole Yue family. JY is too hard on them.

I like that scene in Ep 37, of LHC offering the joss sticks and then looking back on himself as a kid with YBQ. Similar to that earlier scene of him in front of the graves of YLS and Ning Zhongze, I found the actor's performance nice here as well. The music too. And the room setting. To me, a room in Huashan would look like that indeed.

So Hunchback Mu survived the fall. Not that his non-death contributed anything meaningful to the story?

Come to think of it, LHC survived the fall at the end too. The mountains and lakes of Huashan are kind indeed.

That last scene with RYY playing her qin was lovely. As was the accompanying song.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    It's strange that LHC noted that the other sect leaders have all been killed in the cave fighting. I did not see any of the chiefs there.
    Neither did I.

In the book, Mo Da died in the cave. Bit of a shame for he was a good guy. ZLC as well (not a good guy though).

...but I don't like the scriptwriter making DFBB "it's all part of my plan" in the last 10% of the story.

There weren't any clues in the earlier 30 episodes , with plotholes that doesn't match.
    Right? Out. Of. The. Blue. Just so he could turn into the biggest villain of all. Felt rather pat and contrived.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    2. All-in-all, is DFBB the best fighter in this series?
    Inexplicably. LHC took care of LPZ and even YBQ rather easily, but couldn't with DFBB. I don't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    I watch a couple minutes of this drama and I don't know what to make of it. LHC is not suppose to be that young. I mean wow.
    Yeah, I get what you mean. I started the show all excited but soon realised it wasn't what I'd hoped and expected. I didn't quite know what to make of it, tried to make the best of it, etc. I ended up growing accustomed to it and rather liking it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty Bob View Post
    click to show/hide spoilers
    HOW THE **** CAN THEY JUST KILL RWX OFF SCREEN LIKE THAT ... Also WTF IS GOING ON WITH THE WEIRDOS THAT ARE SUPPOSED TO SERVE RYY TO THE DEATH BUT HERE THE SICK DAUGHTER DIES AND THEY WANT TO REBEL OR SOME SHIT.
    I know, right? The RWX. Off-screen. Sigh.

The producers spent valuable show time on Old Man and Zu Qianqiu in the previous episodes, making them likeable and getting the audience attached to them. And then out of the blue, they made them betray and kill.

him serving gugu with respect without knowing its a chick
    I really enjoyed those parts with him and Po Po in the book and was sorry to see them changed here.

What on earth is going on with the music.
    Haha exactly. Beyond weird.

What a production shortcut, showing Wudang and Shaolin defeated with 2 items on a tray.
    I was expecting the duo to turn up at the end, just captured and locked in a cell at Black Wood Cliff, not dead after all. But unfortunately, no.

I don't understand. Why kill all those skilled folks? What exactly is the point of conquering a wulin with no one in it? Just empty mountains and empty buildings? Subduing a master, getting him to submit to you, conquering his sect - that I get. For that's a feat. But why is conquering a wulin left with only lowly-skilled underlings a pursuable task? Seems a bit odd.

LACK OF NEEDLE FIGHT !
    This ⬆️

Thanks! Fun!

It seemed the sword wasn't heavy. I'd expected it to be.

Neither did I.

In the book, Mo Da died in the cave. Bit of a shame for he was a good guy. ZLC as well (not a good guy though).

not really, Mo Da pretend to die in the cave, when LHC and RYY married, he show up

Quote Originally Posted by a_tumiwa View Post
    not really, Mo Da pretend to die in the cave, when LHC and RYY married, he show up
    Yay 👏🏻

Oh but so he was ok and didn’t help others?

Yay 👏🏻

Oh but so he was ok and didn’t help others?
    yeah , his disciplines also there but he didnt help, i think he cannot do anything in the dark environment, cant see anything.
    based on 3rd edition novel i just checked , 2 sects were not there (huashan and north hengshan (nun)) , a total of apprx 200 people in the cave

Quote Originally Posted by a_tumiwa View Post
    yeah , his disciplines also there but he didnt help, i think he cannot do anything in the dark environment, cant see anything.
    based on 3rd edition novel i just checked , 2 sects were not there (huashan and north hengshan (nun)) , a total of apprx 200 people in the cave
    Ah I see. Thanks. Yeah, couldn’t blame him, I guess. Even LHC was as good as crippled in the dark in there.