Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: The Smiling, Proud Wanderer 2017 《笑傲江湖》 Ding Guan Sen, Xue Hao Jing

Did LHC make any arrangement who to take care of Hua Shan?

I'll save the negativity/rambling for somewhere else. ep 35-37 were just awful. So many inconsistencies and ridiculous things happening. Cannot believe they showed the LPZ/LHC fight and ZLC/YBQ fights off screen. What on earth have they done to DFBB, they just teleported from hei mu ya which is supposed to be like a mountain down to the sea cause of running? Yi lin and the weak af fighters from HengShan not getting insta killed by DFBB (who didn't use needles). RYY now using a sword instead of a whip. They made it look like ****ing hengshan sect could invade hei mu ya super easily, they just strolled up, had more numbers and better fights like wtf. A gun to end things...

So much nonsense, so much stuff I haven't complained about; downgrading this series to a 3/10 because it was that bad at the end. Let's hope HSDS is better.

This drama clearly had a tiny *** budget judging by how often they were reusing sets, music, avoiding showing fights, newbie actors/actresses, avoiding using cgi/online show only etc.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty Bob View Post
    I'll save the negativity/rambling for somewhere else. ep 35-37 were just awful. So many inconsistencies and ridiculous things happening. Cannot believe they showed the LPZ/LHC fight and ZLC/YBQ fights off screen. What on earth have they done to DFBB, they just teleported from hei mu ya which is supposed to be like a mountain down to the sea cause of running? Yi lin and the weak af fighters from HengShan not getting insta killed by DFBB (who didn't use needles). RYY now using a sword instead of a whip. They made it look like ****ing hengshan sect could invade hei mu ya super easily, they just strolled up, had more numbers and better fights like wtf. A gun to end things...

So much nonsense, so much stuff I haven't complained about; downgrading this series to a 3/10 because it was that bad at the end. Let's hope HSDS is better.
    Yeah, a shame about the off-screen fights. Though come to think of it, it appeared by then I didn’t quite care anymore. It would probably be that same old, same old sword choreography that was recycled again and again.

The Yilin+gang part was a bit silly indeed. DFBB even upset his beautifully tied-up hair when he saw them arriving at the hall. As though they posed any form of a threat to him. Funny.

Underwhelming. But it remains 2.5-3 stars to me though. Xiao Ao Jiang Hu after all.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty Bob View Post
    This drama clearly had a tiny *** budget judging by how often they were reusing sets, music, avoiding showing fights, newbie actors/actresses, avoiding using cgi/online show only etc.
    Budget should be the reason.
    Anyway, I think RYY acts quite well. And perhaps she will go on to play some supporting roles in big budget shows next time.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Budget should be the reason.
    Anyway, I think RYY acts quite well. And perhaps she will go on to play some supporting roles in big budget shows next time.
    I hope so. And the others too: LHC, YLS and LPZ, and even YBQ and his wife. I even like the abbot and Fang Sheng. I like their work in here and hope they’ll go on to bigger careers.

Imo, the RYY here lacked a bit of the ruthless/aggressive flair that RYY should have but that's probably the writer's/director's fault. I think she had it at the start when she murders a bunch of people as GuGu but goes too soft by the end of the series.

saw ryy and yilin's interviews. Quite touching.

By the way, anybody have a link to the different songs in this series?

This one really is bad. Its like they werent trying. Still watching since im already halfway. Should at least make it like old 90s ones with dirt explosions air clashes etc
    Last edited by Mido-Ban; 04-19-18 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    By the way, anybody have a link to the different songs in this series?
    Here you are:
    1. 落花-李琦
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sc-hET6g11w

2. 凌云 - 苟乃鹏
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbgkIKh9WOU

3. 錦中花 - 趙一霖
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzaxywi0p78

4. 无情天 - 崔子格 & 鲁士郎
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VdZ4TtYK1k

Quote Originally Posted by Katherine Yang View Post
    Here you are:
    1. 落花-李琦
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sc-hET6g11w

2. 凌云 - 苟乃鹏
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbgkIKh9WOU

3. 錦中花 - 趙一霖
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzaxywi0p78

4. 无情天 - 崔子格 & 鲁士郎
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VdZ4TtYK1k
    Thanks Katherine Yang.

Why arent fights, camera, work, explosions etc like this now a days
    Last edited by Mido-Ban; 04-21-18 at 04:11 PM.

Awww... after reading your posts guys, I don't feel like continuing anymore. Up to 11 eps. And I was trying to be open minded with the story change as much as i can. I like DFBB story here much better than the 2013 one. I thought RYY appeared so early could work too, though its confusing. So many flaws storywise and scenewise, but I just took it all in. I love the atmosphere of this drama, the sets, locations, beautiful scenery, pretty costume... definitely better than 2013. Its close to the Zhang Jizhong 2001 feel, which is my all time fav. Fight scenes sucks though. But still, I thot this series has potential and I'm still giving it a chance... But.. its getting boring... and now reading your comments... not sure if its worth my time XD

Does anyone have details about the producer and director of this series, and what were their previous works?

Quote Originally Posted by loislane View Post
    Awww... after reading your posts guys, I don't feel like continuing anymore. Up to 11 eps. And I was trying to be open minded with the story change as much as i can. I like DFBB story here much better than the 2013 one. I thought RYY appeared so early could work too, though its confusing. So many flaws storywise and scenewise, but I just took it all in. I love the atmosphere of this drama, the sets, locations, beautiful scenery, pretty costume... definitely better than 2013. Its close to the Zhang Jizhong 2001 feel, which is my all time fav. Fight scenes sucks though. But still, I thot this series has potential and I'm still giving it a chance... But.. its getting boring... and now reading your comments... not sure if its worth my time XD
    I watched the full series. Two reasons:
    1. I am not familiar with the storyline. So I watch it more for the entertainment value.
    2. I like the acting by RYY though she is not very pretty. :-)

I totally agree with you that the fighting scenes can be much better.

I enjoyed Ep15-25 when LHC's story gets close to the book, those 10 eps were the only exciting eps for me. Holy sect plot also got a bit better after RFF's death, lol... at least still unbearable though they got draggy again later with Holy sect's internal conflicts. I really don't get what they wanted to do with DFBB/LFH romance subplot... is this romance at all? They have no chemistry, and they look so distant with each other. No hugging or romantic touching. I read info from this thread, LFH actress is the director's wife. Well if you won't let your wife touching or kissing another actor then don't write them as a couple.
    I really don't mind each adaptation write their own fanfic, but I wish they would write it better... this is just low quality writing. Singapore 2000 and Taiwanese 2000 version wrote better fanfics for the script lol.

Ding Guansen gives a decent acting although his portrayal is too serious and melancholic for LHC, imo. And he has such a babyface and small body posture, I thought he is 14 when he first appeared, lol. His face suits Guo Jing more. But he is okay as LHC.
    I love Xue Haojing as Ren Yingying! Her portrayal of RYY is similar to Fann Wong (Singaporean 2000 version). Cute and adorable but has no shy personality like in the book. Most accurate RYY portrayal I guess is Fiona Leung (TVB 1996). But my most favorite is Xu Qing's RYY (CCTV Mainland 2001). Her RYY is so independent, great martial arts skill on par with LHC (she doesn't need LHC to save her) has commanding presence and leadership quality as Holy Maiden, and I love her sincere love for LHC without expecting anything in return... she is so understanding of LHC's love for YLS, very patient abt it. But she can be cute and adorable as Xue Haojing's portrayal as well. XHJ face also kinda resembles Xu Qing from certain angles XD

If there is anything I really love abt this series... is what I have mentioned before, the breathtaking sceneries, huge locations, beautiful sets... the beautiful costumes and the detailed make-up are also excellent... I also love how the actresses for Hengshan nuns really shaved their heads... just like the CCTV01 version, none other adaptation did this besides these two. All these beautiful, detailed sets and props looks really similar with the CCTV01 adaptation, it has the same atmosphere and style... It kinda helped me to endure all the BS additional stories and the lousy fights in this series, lol.

Overall, I just wish they hired a better script writer.

seeing so many complain about this wherearea i completely agree, i will drop a hint here
    that there's game of throne opening song in the series hahaha

Smile

Dong Fang Bu Bai in this version feels more like Dong Fang Bai from Liu Zhi Qin Mo.

This version seem to be taking place during or after the Song Dynasty?
    I think it was around below or above episode ten with a part that Yue BuQun took everyone to gives honor to the great general Yue Fei

Smile

Just wondering if Ren Ying sister in this version, have she been in any other TV show / movies or novel version of Xiao Ao Jiang Hu?