Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: The Smiling, Proud Wanderer 2017 《笑傲江湖》 Ding Guan Sen, Xue Hao Jing

1. How was LHC able to know that the masked people are from Qingcheng Sect?
    2. Is Qingcheng Sect acting under the direction of someone else? Or they also want the Bixie Swordplay?

1) Heart Shattering Palm is their signature skill , he guessed it during the autopsy
    2) Their leader YuCangHai want's it for himself

First, thanks for all the answers.

Seems to get it after some further reading. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dongfang_Bubai
    Original sunflower manual: Still in Shaolin
    Compiled sunflower manual: Compiled in Mt Hua but with DFBB
    Bixie Swordplay: Lin heirloom.

Looking forward to watching Ep 2.

previously i saw an image where a kid girl piggybacked by someone and they are ambushed by some warriors. is that a flashback of ren ying2 childhood?

yes but there is another different girl

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://i.imgur.com/4EA3gih.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://i.imgur.com/7UpNOXg.jpg')
    Last edited by krabs; 02-27-18 at 04:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wuxiarocks View Post
    LHC is turned into a shy and quiet person. And boring I might add. In fact, all the characters seem pretty lifeless. Perhaps it's the acting. Everyone is so stiff. On top of all this, the music and fight choreography is bad. The music is like random music from some game that doesn't even go with the scenes half the time.

As for the ending theme, just no. lol
    Exactly same as I thought. However, I may list down some good things of this drama, for ex: beautiful landscape (not fake or low budget like TVB version). I guess I will continue watching it, as long as the story doesn't turn to a terrible script such as LHC falls for DFBB @@...

Ok. Finished episode 2. May I ask who is the lady playing the guzheng: RYY? Why is the lady so intelligent to know that there are two poisons in LHC?

from all your comments, i feel this adaptation also deviate from novel

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Ok. Finished episode 2. May I ask who is the lady playing the guzheng: RYY? Why is the lady so intelligent to know that there are two poisons in LHC?
    Watched Ep 3. Yes, the lady is RYY.
    Have a question: Who actually killed LPZ's parents? Qincheng Sect or Mu Gaofeng (木高峰; Mù Gāofēng; Muk6 Gou1-fung1) is a notorious hunchbacked bandit from the north. He tries to force Lin Pingzhi to be his apprentice and tortures Lin's parents to death when Lin refuses. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...Qingcheng_Sect

It doesn't follow the novel or past TV series.

The title is NEW xiao ao jiang hu

emphasis on NEW

look at the promo graphics , the little red square stamp infront , that's the word for NEW
    many people missed it and flame the drama to make a point or compile a video review from just watching 1 episode
    Last edited by krabs; 02-28-18 at 02:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by krabs View Post
    It doesn't follow the novel or past TV series.

The title is NEW xiao ao jiang hu

emphasis on NEW

look at the promo graphics , the little red square stamp infront , that's the word for NEW
    many people missed it and flame the drama to make a point or compile a video review from just watching 1 episode
    at least dongfang bubai is a male

i feel that Lan Fenghuang would have a major role in this adaptation, maybe a love story with LHC

Banned

I always have trouble sourcing the download version whenever the producer decides to make it a web series. Looks like I might not get the chance to watch the NEW XAJH offline... Back to finishing NiF2 for me.
    Last edited by hirobo2; 02-28-18 at 10:29 AM.

Using this website http://maplestage.com/show/%E6%96%B0...B1%9F%E6%B9%96 provided by wuxiarocks, it stopped at Episode 7.

Anyone know elsewhere I can watch this series? Thanking in advance.

1) when I first see DFBB in white clothing , I think he is more suitable to portray LHC , his facial features closely match Wallace Huo who played 2013 TV version

2) distance not a problem as they travel really quick to anywhere with only 1 scene inbetween , that's due to the compressed storyline
    I like the plot to move quick early in the story as it leave more room for the later episodes to show the higher level skills.

3) the scene of the Hook Guy fighting 2 red henchmen in daytime , the camera scene switched about 5 time per second to show his takedown moves ... way too quick for my eyes
    maybe the director think he is a minor character not deserving the "slow motion" treatment

4) I think the production company see this as exposure project for their young artiste .... they may not be targeting big profit or high rating/viewership
    a few of them are under the management of Enlight Youth , which their logo is seen at the end of the 4 minute trailer.
    Thus LanFengHuang get her screentime upgraded significantly
    Last edited by krabs; 02-28-18 at 11:06 AM.

This series is really weird. It's so strange to see LHC without dugu 9 jian wondering around and meeting RYY so early. Same with the increased presence of Lan FengHuang and DFBB not being overpowered. It's fresh but so weird. It's like the characters are there but they jumbled up the storyline ordering and added a whole bunch of new stuff. The guy who plays LHC looks too much like a simple peasant imo to pull off the role so I end up laughing at him rather than thinking he's the main char, I like the look of the dude that plays DFBB. Not sure about the female characters yet.

The guy who plays the head of QingCheng Sect isn't Chinese right?

As for Bixie, if I remember correctly, it originates from Kui Hua Bao Dian aka the sunflower manual or whatever. KHBD is the strongest martial arts in SPT (DFBB uses it) but you gotta cut your dick off so you don't suffer from fire affinity or something? The guy who made it was a eunuch so people didn't question his lack of penis and then a shit tonne of people fought over it so the head of Shaolin told his disciple to take half of it. His disciple was Lin family's ancestor and quit being a monk and became a guard for the emperor, cut his dick off to learn bixie and then hired a fake family and told them never to learn the shit. There's also some shenanigans with Hua shan sect with the other half of KHBD which lead to infighting I think (and possibly the purple internal energy shit).

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

1) when I first see DFBB in white clothing , I think he is more suitable to portray LHC , his facial features closely match Wallace Huo who played 2013 TV version
    YES! I had this thought too, his face has got sharper features and he looks like he's got more of the LHC flair and mischievousness.

I like the plot to move quick early in the story as it leave more room for the later episodes to show the higher level skills.
    Agreed, they whipped out RYY super early and tbh some of the early bits from SPT are a bit slow in the other series. Only thing I wish they showed was more of a relationship between YLS and LHC because tbh it doesn't feel like YLS gives a shit abut LHC which is wrong imo

LPZ is the 4th generation in the family , the world only remember from old legend that BX is a skill comparable to Sunflower but they don't know the "special" requirement.

Makes you wonder why there's no other dick dismembering martial arts in the other books.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Using this website http://maplestage.com/show/%E6%96%B0...B1%9F%E6%B9%96 provided by wuxiarocks, it stopped at Episode 7.

Anyone know elsewhere I can watch this series? Thanking in advance.
    Was able to complete Ep 7 and 8 through DM.
    Two parts which I can't understand:
    1. Why was Lan Fenghuang's hair able to turn black again? (Actually she looks better with white hair. :-)
    2. Was 2nd sis under spell when she killed 3rd sis? If so, how did she realize her mistake with the need to commit suicide.

as mentioned previously ..... I give credits to the actors that put in effort to ride horses independently instead of using a crouching handler running along with the horse or riding a fake horse

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://i.imgur.com/7xNjH2q.jpg')
    Last edited by krabs; 03-01-18 at 04:03 AM.