Thread: Did GJ use less than 100% of his ability in ROCH when fighting lesser opponents?

Default Did GJ use less than 100% of his ability in ROCH when fighting lesser opponents?

During ROCH, Gwok Jing evidently used 100% of his abilities when fighting against opponents such as West Poison Au Yeung Fung and the Golden Wheel Monk because, after all, those guys were on the same level with Gwok Jing (generally) in martial arts and anything less than a 100% effort would not be enough.

Against lesser opponents such as the 100-man Big Dipper Formation at Chung Yeung Temple, Fok Do, Dat Yee Ba, or the Mongol mercenaries, though, did Gwok Jing use less than 100% of his abilities? Those opponents were far weaker than Gwok Jing, and I imagine if Gwok Jing used 100% against any of them, they'd all be DEAD, but in fact, none of these opponents died at Gwok Jing's hands. Some were injured, but none were seriously maimed.

I am sure he held back against the Dipper formation.

But as for the Mongol guys...I don't think so.

I think all the really strong characters in wuxia go less than 100 percent against scrubs

That's why they are constantly surprised when someone can handle their attack.

GJ held back against the Mongols several times

During the initial confrontation at Chong yang palace, GJ entered the main hall and saw many mongols attacking the QZ elders. He tried to throw one out by lifting the Mongol attacker. But when the Mongol attacked showed he possessed a solid stance and anchored himself to the floor, GJ then changed his tactic and kicked him across the room. But GJ could had jumped in and full power XL18P that random Mongol and turned him to mush and scare the crap out of others.
    Last edited by Snafu3721; 06-28-17 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snafu3721 View Post
    I think all the really strong characters in wuxia go less than 100 percent against scrubs

That's why they are constantly surprised when someone can handle their attack.

GJ held back against the Mongols several times

During the initial confrontation at Chong yang palace, GJ entered the main hall and saw many mongols attacking the QZ elders. He tried to throw one out by lifting the Mongol attacker. But when the Mongol attacked showed he possessed a solid stance and anchored himself to the floor, GJ then changed his tactic and kicked him across the room. But GJ could had jumped in and full power XL18P that random Mongol and turned him to mush and scare the crap out of others.
    That's what I figured. If Gwok Jing had used 100% ability against the likes of Fok Do or Wan Hak Sai, it isn't likely those guys would still be alive.