Thread: Was Xie Wangsun at 世外高人 level?Better than his son?

Default Was Xie Wangsun at 世外高人 level?Better than his son?

Reading Sword of the Third Young Master again....

During Yan Shisan's visit to Divine Sword Manor, the incident where Xie Wangsun casually avoids Cao bing's attack like he wasn't even aware of an attack:

Xie Wangsun slowly picked up that dried leaf, quietly gazed at it, and seemed as if he still didn’t realized what had occurred.

In that split second, there was a person, whose life had withered and fallen like the dried leaf. Though the tree leaf life is short, it will grow again the following year.

How about human?

Xie Wangsun slowly bent his back again and gently put this leaf back on the ground. Yan Shisan had been looking at him, his eyes filled with admiration and respect. Till now he finally realized this person was more than meets the eye, an expert. His martial art had reached a godly stage, had already reach the stage of perfection, had already fused with the great nature. Therefore, nobody could even see it anymore.

— When the ruthless cold approaches, you can’t see its power yet imperceptibly it turned water into ice and can freeze a man to death.

“I am only an ordinary man…”

Wonder how much of his “ordinary” was created from the “extraordinary”?

How many people in the world can achieve this type of “ordinary”?

The ability Xie showed here was kinda Sweeper Monk like. Was GL trying to say he had reached the pinnacle of martial arts? That he was even above the likes of Yan Shisan and Xie Xiaofeng?
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

There is just no Gu Long love in here
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Hahah

I haven't read Sword of Third Young Master

But from the passage above, it is Gulong's way of saying the practitioner has reached formlessness.

Discounting all of Gulong's usual language...this excerpt is quite good. it's a great way to describe someone who has become so "one" with martial arts, that is is formless. It is in everything that the person does, which means the person's level has become "ordinary"

The practitioner is so "extraordinary," that his movements now seem nothing special. As mentioned, the practitioner is one with nature. The person is exuding martial arts in every way, thus he has achieved formlessness. Because it has become a "natural" state of being... it's just ordinary, so avoiding an attack is like how we walk nonchalantly without always being consciously aware of how we walk.

P.S.
    I am re-reading Chu Liu Xiang

I find that sometimes Gulong Martial arts is too out there... hence hard to have discussions about versus battles and whatnot

But I like CLX because it's more about how he solves the mysteries while using his awkward nose and his friends/lady servants