Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Chu Liuxiang

Thank you so much! I hope enough people followed that you will go on...? ;-)

Default Book 1 Chapter 26 - Part 2

Ysabel, Xiaohu, Jaya, you are welcome. DongBin, this is Gu Long … although there are other books, I don’t have too much expectation. Wes … admittedly, I’d love to have more people following, although that does not seem to be the case. But yes, I am thinking of continuing, just not right away. I am super busy these days, but as I said before, I am able to translate a lot more CLX in one sitting compared to the other story. Actually, I finished this story this past Christmas, so it has helped me keeping a rather regular updates. I will probably start again when I am too fed up with Huang Yi. Last part tomorrow night ...

Chu Liuxiang sighed and said, “At the Daming Lake, in Wuyi Convent, on that stone beam, you already made your move on me many times. You want to kill me, I am not surprised at all, but why do you want to kill Rong’er?”

Wuhua replied, “I have already thought that you certainly wanted to send her to the Divine Water Palace to make some inquiries. Therefore, I immediately thought that the person you were going to meet by the Daming Lake must be her. You should also know, I am not a stupid person.”

Chu Liuxiang sighed and said, “When a person is too smart, it is not a good thing either.”

Wuhua smiled and said, “Could it be that you are very stupid?”

Smiling wryly, Chu Liuxiang said, “It’s only now that I know, I am not as smart as I thought I was. Otherwise, I would have already thought that when it is necessary, you would certainly kill NanGong Ling to shut his mouth.”

Wuhua sighed and said, “I am not as smart as I thought I was either. I thought that as soon as NanGong Ling died, your clues would all be broken, and you would never implicate me; otherwise, how could I bear to kill him?”

Chu Liuxiang said, “This was the most crucial point in all these, because he said that you two are brothers. Without this clue, I would never find this place and come here.”

Wuhua fell silent for a long time. The fog on the waist of the mountain was getting thicker, the mountain breeze already carried the news that winter was coming, but he only felt a slight nip in the air.

Chu Liuxiang sighed and said, “What I still don’t understand is, you did what you did, is it for revenge? Or is it a fight for power? Was it your own idea? Or did your esteemed father, before his death, leave you his last words, wanting you to do this?”

Raising his eyebrows, Wuhua said, “How do you know that my late father left his last words for me?”

Chu Liuxiang said, “Since you are in the Central Plains, your ren shu and sword technique naturally came from your esteemed father. But when he died, you were still little; you were definitely not old enough to learn such a profound martial art skill. Naturally he would leave his secret martial art manual for you. You guarded this secret very well, so that even Tian Feng Dashi is not aware of it.”

“Mmm,” Wuhua said.

Chu Liuxiang said, “Therefore, I immediately thought that since he did not hesitate to sacrifice his own life, plus he wanted for the two of you to enter Shaolin and the Beggar Clan, perhaps what he wanted was that when you grow up, you would take over the biggest Sect and the biggest Gang in the world and then go one step further to conquer the world. This was perhaps what he wanted to do himself, yet he could not do it. Therefore, he wanted the two of you to accomplish that for him; otherwise, why would he willingly and gladly die?”

Again, Wuhua fell silent for a long time. He smiled and said, “Do you know why I always like you? Because you have brains. I often said that being able to make acquaintance with you, whether as a friend or a foe, can be regarded as the biggest pleasure in life.”

Chu Liuxiang said, “In that case, am I guessing correctly?”

Wuhua smiled and said, “Maybe right, maybe wrong. Later on, you will definitely find out …”

He suddenly stopped walking. Turning to face Chu Liuxiang, he said, “Whatever the case, now that you have uncovered this secret, what do you want to do?”

After staring at him for a long, long time, Chu Liuxiang sighed and said, “You know I never want to kill anybody; I don’t want to kill you even more!”

Wuhua laughed and said, “But you also should know that although you don’t want to kill me now, I still want to kill you!”

Smiling bitterly, Chu Liuxiang said, “That’s right, if you kill me, you’d be unfettered and beyond the law, only because in the world, the person who completely knew this secret is only me.”

Wuhua spoke slowly, “Are you waiting for me to make my move?”

Chu Liuxiang replied with sadness in his voice, “Although I don’t want it this way, I am afraid there is no room for any other choices!”

The two men stopped talking.

They knew that whatever it was that needed to be said has already been said.

The mountain breeze was getting more violent, it blew their clothes and his hair that they were fluttering in the wind. The expression on their faces was still peaceful and calm, but the air between them was thick with murderous aura.

Suddenly there was a crash of thunder; the mountain rain was about to start, the whole earth looked even more bleak.

The instant the thunder was crashing, both of Wuhua’s palms struck straight out!

This was the Shaolin Divine Fist, which name shook the heavens. The first strike he launched was his own school’s fist technique, hidden and infused punch’s momentum in contrast to the force of the thunderbolt; it indeed carried a world-shaking power! Unless they witnessed it with their own eyes, no one would believe that this elegant and gentle Wuhua unexpectedly could launch such a hard and ferocious move.

Chu Liuxiang spun around, his left palm chopped diagonally on Wuhua’s wrist. This palm strike seemed to be ordinary, with nothing strange about it; it simply could not compare to the might of Wuhua’s punch.

But this ordinary, nothing-strange-about-it palm strike was clearly able to neutralize Wuhua’s punch prowess.

Unleashing his shenfa, Wuhua’s body flashed; before the clap of thunder even stopped, he already launched four punches, all were able to vanquish dragons and tigers, none was not the essence of Shaolin’s Divine Fist.

Yet Chu Liuxiang neutralized all his punches one by one; not only that, as soon as Wuhua’s offensive vanished, he seemed to still have enough power to counterstrike.

Wuhua launched eighteen punches in succession; unexpectedly he still failed to gain the decisive opportunity. He suddenly withdrew his right punch, but when he sent out a strike, it created a ‘Chi!’ sound. Unexpectedly he changed the punch into a finger strike.

This finger flick was the inner-power school’s ‘Tanzhi Shentong’ [Divine Flicking Finger]. A wisp of sharp wind rapidly slashed down on qimen and jiangtai, as well as various acupoints on Chu Liuxiang’s right shoulder blade.

The finger did not need to touch Chu Liuxiang; if he was swept by the finger wind, half of his body would be unable to move a single step, perhaps he would even die instantly under Wuhua’s left palm.

But Chu Liuxiang’s body slanted sideways – it was just a slight tilt, the powerful and sharp finger wind could only sweep past his clothes.

In the meantime, his left palm has already reached Wuhua’s flank.

Wuhua was forced to change his offensive into defensive; his right hand pulled back, his left hand shot out in a palm strike, the edge of the palm immediately threatened Chu Liuxiang’s quchi acupoint.

Chu Liuxiang traversed one step sideways, his left elbow struck out.

Wuhua had no choice but to withdraw his move and changed it into a different one. In an instant the shadow of his palm fluttered around just like a gale filling up the sky. It was Shaolin’s external school’s consummate skill, the ‘Feng Ping Zhang’ [duckweed wind palm].

As the name implied, the forte of his palm style was not on the power itself, but in seizing the victory relying on technique; the palm momentum was strange and erratic, like an ever-changing cloud, with more empty moves rather than real.

But as soon as he launched the strike, Chu Liuxiang immediately sealed it off.

In such a short period of time, he had changed from ‘Shaolin Divine Fist’, to ‘Divine Flicking Finger’, to ‘Duckweed Wind Palm’; three different martial art styles. In terms of hard-and-ferocious character, intensity, bizarre changes, and footwork, all these three styles were different to each other, but all were the most prestigious, the most powerful martial arts in Wulin world of the present age.

Yet the styles that Chu Liuxiang used were the most common, the most ordinary martial art in Jianghu. Perhaps there were thousands, if not tens of thousands of people in Jianghu able to perform this kind of martial art styles.

However, in Chu Liuxiang’s hands, the plainly ordinary moves became different.

Every move he used was right on target without the slightest bit of inaccuracy. Every strike he launched was three times faster than anybody else!

The move itself was perhaps ordinary and mediocre, but by the time the two men exchanged a blow, every action suddenly displayed its unfathomable power!

Every now and then Wuhua was simply unable to understand why his brilliant style could be easily neutralized by Chu Liuxiang’s ordinary move? In fact, not only Chu Liuxiang was able to neutralize his strike, he was even able to strike back!

Another crash of thunder, followed by a sudden downpour.

The gale, the rainstorm, the mother earth, were all screaming. In the depth of the mountain, everything was as dark as inside the tomb.

Practically they were unable to see the opponent’s shadow, so they could only rely on listening to the palm wind to discern each other’s move. But the whistling storm interfered with their hearing ability, so that later on they could not even hear the opponent’s palm wind.

Another flash of lightning and clap of thunder. Chu Liuxiang’s body moved along with the flash of lightning. But Wuhua leaped high into the sky. Several dozen dots of cold star shot down like rain.

In such darkness, it was practically impossible to dodge secret projectiles. By the time Wuhua landed on the ground, he could not stop a hint of smile from appearing on the corners of his mouth.

Amidst the earth-shattering thunder, Chu Liuxiang seemed to let out a cry of surprise.

And then, there was another flash of lightning. But Chu Liuxiang was nowhere to be seen.

In the darkness, Wuhua was panting for breath. “Chu Liuxiang! Chu Liuxiang! Where are you?” he cried out.

Suddenly he heard someone responding slowly from behind him, “I am here.”

Wuhua was so shocked that his heart nearly stopped beating.

But he did not turn around at all; he simply stood quietly with blank stare for half a day. Finally he hung his head down and said slowly, “Very good. Today I finally confirmed that I really am not your match.”

The tone of his voice was so flat, as if what he had just confirmed was winning and losing in a gambling, which stake was not too big. Anybody would not be able to hear that he had staked his own life in this gamble.

Chu Liuxiang sighed and said, “Although you have lost, whatever the case, you indeed lose in such an elegant manner.”

Wuhua let out a gasping laugh and said, “If I won, I would feel even more elegant. Too bad I will never be able to confirm this, won’t I?”

Chu Liuxiang replied sadly, “That’s right, indeed you will never have a chance to win.”

Wuhua unhurriedly said, “As the winner, your poise is indeed not bad, but I am afraid it was just because you are so accustomed to winning; you look like you will never see the time when you are defeated.”

Chu Liuxiang spoke heavily, “If you stand on the right side, you will never be defeated.”

Wuhua suddenly howled with laughter and said, “Am I wrong …? If I succeeded, who’d dare to say that I have done wrong …”

An ear-splitting clap of thunder interrupted his mad laughter.

Chu Liuxiang was silent for half a day. He spoke slowly, “Why aren’t you running away?”

Wuhua’s wild laughter already turned into panting for breath. “Running away?” he said, “Am I the kind of person who would run away …? If someone wants to enjoy success, he must learn how to accept failure first …”

He suddenly howled in laughter again and said, “No matter how great a victory, it will never make me so happy that I am losing my mind. No matter how bad a defeat, it will never make me running away with my tail between my legs like a stray dog either!”

Chu Liuxiang sighed and spoke sadly, “Indeed you did not disappoint me.”

“What do you want me to do now?” Wuhua asked.

Chu Liuxiang unhurriedly replied, “I can only uncover your secret, but I cannot punish you at all. Because I am not the law, and I am not God either. I do not have the authority to punish you!”

Thanks foxs

Thanks, foxs.

Thank you again, Foxs! Maybe we should put your translation on Novelupdates to gain a bigger following?

Default Book 1 Chapter 27

Ysabel, Jaya, you are welcome. Thanks for being here till the end. Wes, what is Novelupdates? I rarely wander around out of spcnet.

Book 1 Chapter 27 – Judging Self to Apologize

Wuhua smiled and said, “Whatever the case, this kind of principle of yours is indeed admirable. Since ancient times, I am afraid no one in Jianghu has ever had this kind of thought.”

Chu Liuxiang slowly said, “Many years from now, naturally there will be more and more people with this kind of thought. In the future, people will know that martial art cannot solve everything. No one in the world has the right to take away someone else’s life!”

Wuhua sighed and said, “That is the matter of the future, now you …”

Chu Liuxiang said, “Now, I am going to hand you over to someone who has the authority to punish you.”

Wuhua cried out loudly, “You are going to hand me over to someone else?”

“That’s right,” Chu Liuxiang replied.

Howling with laughter, Wuhua said, “Since you cannot punish me, who in the world could punish me?”

Chu Liuxiang said, “Although these people do not seem to be noble, they represent the law and the established standard. The fact is, anybody, no matter who, has to respect them.”

Letting out a cold laugh, Wuhua said, “Could it be that you always honor the rules?”

Chu Liuxiang said, “What we loathe is the rules established by a small number of people. Naturally this kind of rules is not worthy of respect. But morality and justice, no matter who, should not show contempt.”

Wuhua sighed and said, “Chu Liuxiang, you are really a very strange person. But no matter what, don’t even think about handing me over to those kind of people.”

Chu Liuxiang sighed. “Why?” he asked, “You are actually a very noble person. Those people’s hands actually should not dare to touch your clothes, but who told you to commit such a despicable crime? ‘The Son of the King broke the law, it’s the same as the people committed a crime’. Don’t you understand this saying?”

Wuhua acted as if he did not hear him at all; he just smiled and muttered softly, “Chu Liuxiang, no matter what, don’t even think that those kind of people would touch one finger of mine.”

As he spoke, unexpectedly his body was slowly slumping down.

Thunder and lightning shook the heaven and the earth.

Chu Liuxiang hurriedly held him up. Under the flash of the lightning, he saw Wuhua’s face, the tender, gentle and handsome face, this moment has become ashen and terrifying.

Greatly startled, Chu Liuxiang called out, “Wuhua, you … why are you so stupid? Death, could it be that you cannot run away?”

Wuhua opened his eyes; he struggled hard to laugh, and said, “I am not running away at all, it’s not that I don’t dare to confront them at all, I just disdain bowing my head in front of that kind of lowly people.”

His eyes appeared to be shining brilliantly again. He said, “No matter what error I committed, I have always been a noble person; much more noble than most people in the world! Chu Liuxiang, do you admit it?”

His eyes gradually closed.

He would never hear Chu Liuxiang’s answer. Lightning flashed, his face was back to its serene and calm expression, a hint of smile even appeared on the corners of his mouth.

Lin family garden, flowers and trees, green onions enclosed in a frame made of bamboo.

The famous constable Bald Eagle and a dignified looking Beggar Clan Elder were waiting anxiously under a tree.

The Beggar Clan Elder was asking incessantly, “Do you think he’ll really come?”

The Bald Eagle smiled and said, “Whether this man, Chu Liuxiang, is a good man or a bad one, whether he is virtuous or evil, when he said he would come, he will definitely come. It does not matter who, or what, anybody or anything can forget about stopping him.”

They heard someone from up on the tree said unhurriedly, “That’s right. Whether this man, Bald Eagle, is a good man or a bad one, whether he is virtuous or evil, his view on Chu Liuxiang is not bad at all …”

Amidst the voice, Chu Liuxiang floated down.

And then he smiled and said, “But I wonder if Bald Eagle already heard me on the tree and intentionally said those things?”

The Bald Eagle roared in laughter and said, “Chu Xiang Shuai’s promise worth one thousand taels of gold. This is the fact that Xiao Lao’er [lit. little/lowly old man] already knew long ago.”

The Beggar Clan Elder could not help asking, “I wonder if Chu Xiang Shuai has brought the murderer back?”

Chu Liuxiang’s countenance immediately turned sad; he sighed and said, “He is dead!”

“Dead?” the Bald Eagle blurted out.

“That’s right,” Chu Liuxiang replied.

The Bald Eagle asked, “He … how did he die?”

Chu Liuxiang sighed and said, “He is already dead, what does it matter how he died?”

“But …” the Bald Eagle started.

“I said he is dead,” Chu Liuxiang sternly cut him off, “Are you saying that you don’t believe me?”

Smiling apologetically, the Bald Eagle said, “Chu Xiang Shuai’s words, how could Xiao Lao’er dare not to believe? But he … who is he, actually?”

Chu Liuxiang fell silent for half a day. He slowly said, “Although he was vicious, but he was not a contemptible man at all. Although he was a murderer, he could still be considered a man of noble character. And now, since he is already dead, why do you bother to ask his name? Once a person is dead, he no longer has a name.”

The Beggar Clan Elder suddenly said, “But where is his body? Even if he is dead, our Gang’s disciples still want to find a way to deal with his corpse …”

Chu Liuxiang’s anger flared up; he shouted, “How do you want to deal with his corpse? Unexpectedly you want to deal with a dead man, wouldn’t the idea be a lot more contemptible than the murder itself?”

No matter what kind of crises he was facing, Chu Liuxiang always remained calm and collected, the Beggar Clan Elder has never seen his angry look. Unexpectedly he was so stunned that he could only stare blankly.

Chu Liuxiang shouted loudly, “I told you that he is dead. His death has washed away all the sins he committed during his life. If you don’t believe me, if you are still not satisfied, feel free to find a way to figure it all out yourself! But if you dare to disturb me again, don’t blame me for being rude!”

His voice was still lingering in the air, he had already gone far, leaving the Bald Eagle and the Beggar Clan Elder staring blankly on the spot.

Chu Liuxiang himself did not know why he suddenly became this irascible; perhaps because he was too grieved, he was feeling too much discomfort over Wuhua’s death.

Or perhaps because he was just too tired.

Whatever the case, after going through such an event, he just wanted to go back to his comfortable boat, to raise his sails, and to leave this loathsome crowd far away.

He just wanted to be cradled by the beautiful ocean, to be completely relaxed by himself in the gentle and soft ocean breeze, under the golden sunshine, peacefully and quietly spending his days in rest, drinking a few cups of ice-cold grape wine, eating several good dishes that Song Tian’er prepared for him, lying down by Su Rongrong’s side, and listening to Li Hongxiu’s tale with a happy ending.

Therefore, he hurried back at the highest speed he could muster.

But he suddenly discovered that unexpectedly Laotian [God/Heavens] seemed to never allow him to rest.

Before he even reached the boat, an astonishing misfortune, which he had never encountered in his life, was already waiting for him. Not even in his dream would he ever think that such would happen to him!

THE END

Thanks foxs ......

What? What? What?
    It is not the end?
    So Will you translate the next story foxs?
    BTW Thank you for this book

Thanks foxs

And so, we have the mother and son story coming up next.....actually, I personally like the Xinzhuan novels better than the Chuanqi novels.

Thanks, foxs.

Quick, follow up! What misfortune awaits our hero? Thks foxs.

I just read that this is book 1 of a trilogy story arc?

Foxs, please leave Huang Yi!

Thanks foxs!

Buddy, this is not the end yet! Please continue with the story.

Liem, Ysabel, Jaya, you are welcome. Tail, DongBin, Sky, this is indeed the end of Book 1. I have the intention, but currently don’t have the time. We’ll see … Shirak, I don’t even know Xinzhuan, Chuanqi … I am serious, I love wuxia, but that does not mean I know everything about all those things. Wes, you have not answered my question. And sorry, but no … I still need to finish Huang Yi.

Quote Originally Posted by foxs View Post
    Liem, Ysabel, Jaya, you are welcome. Tail, DongBin, Sky, this is indeed the end of Book 1. I have the intention, but currently don’t have the time. We’ll see … Shirak, I don’t even know Xinzhuan, Chuanqi … I am serious, I love wuxia, but that does not mean I know everything about all those things. Wes, you have not answered my question. And sorry, but no … I still need to finish Huang Yi.
    There are 6 Chu Liuxiang novels. The first 3 are collectively known as Chuanqi, and in a way, they introduce the core characters - i.e Chu Liuxiang himself, some of his close friends (Hu Tiehua, etc) his girls (Song Tiener, Li Hongxiu, Su Rongrong, etc).

The last 3 are collectively known as Xinzhuan and the stories get more exciting and "Gu Long-style" there (think Lu Xiaofeng series).

Just want to say thank you to Wes for linking this story to Novelupdates.com; appreciate your help. Shirak, thanks for the info.

For a moment, I thought Book 2 has started ... haha

Quote Originally Posted by LuDongBin View Post
    For a moment, I thought Book 2 has started ... haha
    me too... me too...

thanks Foxs... i was waiting for THE END. now i can read the whole story !