I was re-reading some passages from HSDS, and I came across which piqued my interest of Jinhua Popo’s internal energy. Do you think she learnt the same type of internal energy as the Persian emissaries?

In chapter 13, Zhang Wuji felt a cold surge of energy which was as unbearable as his Xuanming Shenzhang’s toxic energy.

金花婆婆左手一掠,已將他雙手握在掌裡。只聽得骨節格格作響,張無忌雙手痛得幾欲暈去,又覺一股透骨冰涼的 寒氣,從雙手傳到胸口,這寒氣和玄冥神掌又有不同,但一樣的難熬難當。

In chapter 28, when Zhang Wuji was fighting the three emissaries, he felt the combined icy pierce of their internal strength competing with his.

張無忌心想你們和我比拚內力,正是以短攻長,我是得其所哉了。霎時間四人均凝立不動,各運內力。突然之間, 張無忌胸口一痛,似乎被一枚極細的尖針刺了一下。本來以至陰攻至陽,未必便勝得了九陽神功。只是他的九陽神 功遍護全身,這陰勁卻是凝聚如絲發之細,倏鑽陡戳,難防難當。有如大象之力雖巨,婦人小兒卻能以繡花小針刺 入其膚。陰勁入體,立即消失,但這一刺可當真疼痛入骨。輝月使連運兩下「透骨針」的內勁,見對方竟是毫不費 力的抵擋了下來,更是駭異。妙風使雖然空著左手,但全身勁力都已集於右臂,左手已與癱瘓無異。張無忌知道如 此僵持下去,敵人尖針一般的陰勁一下一下刺將過來,自己終將支持不住,可是實無對策。

Do you think that Jinhua Popo realized that they would recognize via her martial arts both her form (stances and techniques) and her internal energy, the same they studied?

I always had an unproven and unprovable theory that Jinhua Popo developed her own ice-based internal energy due to her own injury in the lake many years ago. That is why she said she might have a method of curing young Zhang Wuji. However, it is also a very likely she just lied to Wuji to gain information on Xie Xun.

兩人此時相距已不過數尺,呼吸可聞,謝遜聽得金花婆婆每說幾句話便咳嗽一聲,說道:「那年你在碧水寒潭中凍 傷了肺,纏綿至今,總是不能痊癒麼?」
金花婆婆道:「每到天寒,便咳得厲害些。嗯,咳了幾十年,早也慣啦。謝三哥,我聽你氣息不勻,是否練那七傷 拳時傷了內臟?須得多多保重才是。」