Page 103 of 114 FirstFirst ... 35393949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 2269

Thread: The Heaven Sword and Dragon Saber 2018

To think about it, what happen to the Mongol "Divine Arrow Eight Heroes" in the end? Perhaps, during the negotiation talk, RYW should have bought them along.

Finally caught up with the finale.

This is by far the best HSDS, at least for me. Although it has its flaws as well but I like how the main characters developed and become more matured during the course of the story. ZM in particular evolved from a girl who only cares for her lover and nothing else realised that the man whom she choose as her true love brought unbearable consequences but yet she did not give up on him and sticked with him until her father died.

She comes across as intelligent and understanding. Although she was sad that her father was killed by Ming Sect through underhand methods, but yet she didn’t blame ZWJ because she knew he was being manipulated all this while and that he would have stopped the assassination if he had knew about it in advance.

She decided to give ZWJ a chance by asking him to come with her or end their relationship. Decisive and caring. The dialogue between her and ZWJ were well written. Best ZM in terms of character. Not the typical soft lovey dovey heroine.

I am going to start my own fanfic soon too. It will mostly focus on the aftermath

I am just curious, how much did ZZR love WJ? In the entire drama I couldn’t see any spark between them? They were more like childhood friends?

Quote Originally Posted by Razorclaw View Post
    I am just curious, how much did ZZR love WJ? In the entire drama I couldn’t see any spark between them? They were more like childhood friends?
    Unlike Yin-li, XZ and ZM who noted that they want to be with ZWJ for their own life, ZZR is possibly the only one who did not say so. Possibly she is a more passive person.
    With regard to adult ZZR, I can think of two incidents before the marriage proposal.
    1. She finds it difficult to kill zwj at snake island. In this series, she did not say why though in the novel she did explain because she loved him.
    2. She looks jealous when zwj gave the fruits to zm first in the cave.

typo. "own" -> "whole"

Quote Originally Posted by Razorclaw View Post
    I think she did loved him enough to be jealous enough to hurt herself a few times. She even break the promise to her master and stated it. To garner sympathy and love from zwj. I think she mentions a few times please don't dump me and you can take my life anytime you want if you find I did something bad.
    The rating dips a bit more after lackluster finale without baby expectation or epilogue. Mongol army with her bro is cut offscreen or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Sideswipe View Post

This is by far the best HSDS, at least for me. Although it has its flaws as well but I like how the main characters developed and become more matured during the course of the story. ZM in particular evolved from a girl who only cares for her lover and nothing else realised that the man whom she choose as her true love brought unbearable consequences but yet she did not give up on him and sticked with him until her father died.

She comes across as intelligent and understanding. Although she was sad that her father was killed by Ming Sect through underhand methods, but yet she didn’t blame ZWJ because she knew he was being manipulated all this while and that he would have stopped the assassination if he had knew about it in advance.

She decided to give ZWJ a chance by asking him to come with her or end their relationship. Decisive and caring. The dialogue between her and ZWJ were well written. Best ZM in terms of character. Not the typical soft lovey dovey heroine.

I am going to start my own fanfic soon too. It will mostly focus on the aftermath
    Looking forward to it! I really want to see whats going on btw the funeral scene and the final reunion scene.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    This was asked and posted earlier. I am trying to add scenes which I like in the later episodes (possibly last ten?) and it seems that I only have these:
    The three fights (zwj alone, zwj, yx & fy and zwj & zzr) against the Du monks
    Yin-li becoming fine.

I am hesitant to put zwj & zm reunion as it is somewhat expected.

Do the others have scenes which you like in the later episodes?
    Hmm... Probably the coffin scene and Yin Lin scene. Basically bc the characters decisions show that they are understanding and responsible for their own actions e.g. Yin Li wishes the best for ZWJ; ZM does not blame everything on ZWJ and still is rational despite her loss; ZWJ sticks to his principle (although I dont agree w his decision) even if it costs him the love lf his life.

Quote Originally Posted by yanfeng View Post
    Thanks for the MV!

I remember now how much I like the scene when he threw away the box. His anguish over even just the box... I ascribe that to it being a symbol of not only him giving up on ZM but also of ZM's own plight (cast off at sea).

BTW in this version it seems like ZZR is smarter, instead of putting ZM on the boat, she cast off the boat and then tried drown ZM in the water instead. ZM is very lucky to be alive considering they are many days sailing away from mainland and any human habitation!
    Is it in the novel? I rmb ZM said that she survived bc her dad got someone to teach her sea skills when she was young.
    Father of the year!

Talking abt that, there is a list of ranking for fathers in the series:
    • most fortunate father: ZCS - married second most good looking wife in the series
    • most hopeless father: RYW - scolds daughter, end up apologizing to daughter
    • most unfortunate father: YX - yr daughter marries your love rival
    • most bad-luck father: XX - matchmakes 2 times, 1 couple died young, 1 husband got snatched away on wedding day
    • most unsuccessful father: ZWJ - so many fanfics and yet no baby til the end of the series

The music and 9 yang vs 9 yin looks more epic in 2000 one

Haha of course, TVB/Hong Kong was the birthplace of wuxia dramas. Gigi Lai used to be my most fav ZM. Her outfit is more clearly Mongol too. Lawrence was fitting as ZWJ, too, but he is a little too old so he cant act out the innocent, docile aspect of ZWJ. Sadly YL and XZ were not given as much thought as this version, only considered supporting characters to keep the plot moving.

Quote Originally Posted by Sideswipe View Post

Can we have ZM sharing WJ with ZZR ? The 2019 ZZR is one of my favourite lol so yeah I am a bit biase. She looked so pure and innocent in white paying respects to XX

Aside from poorer action, this is a very well-done version on Romance and Drama.

However, sad to me, that majority of current Chinese shows are NOT very good with fighting scenes/Wuxia/KungFu, even with the modern JinYong adaptations they are toned way down!

2017 LOCH is MUCH better in the fighting scenes than this!

Not that I mind all these rehashings/remakes but please give them GOOD action, people don't watch JinYong for Romance even though they are done really well!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Silverhawk View Post
    Can we have ZM sharing WJ with ZZR ? The 2019 ZZR is one of my favourite lol so yeah I am a bit biase. She looked so pure and innocent in white paying respects to XX
    Actually, a good chance arises if Chen Youliang who happened to be at the Snake Island is the one who stole the Heaven Sword and Dragon Sabre, "kills" Yin-li and throw zm into the sea. But then, a lot of things need to change in subsequent episodes. Why not you write a fan-fic for this?

Quote Originally Posted by Don Yu View Post
    Aside from poorer action, this is a very well-done version on Romance and Drama.

However, sad to me, that majority of current Chinese shows are NOT very good with fighting scenes/Wuxia/KungFu, even with the modern JinYong adaptations they are toned way down!

2017 LOCH is MUCH better in the fighting scenes than this!

Not that I mind all these rehashings/remakes but please give them GOOD action, people don't watch JinYong for Romance even though they are done really well!!!
    I can't agree more with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mido-Ban View Post
    The music and 9 yang vs 9 yin looks more epic in 2000 one
    Romance and political drama > wuxia here. Jianghu vs givernement

Quote Originally Posted by Silverhawk View Post
    09 ending serious zwj. They changed her parts to not care too much about master forced promise by using it to make zwj pity her here.

Quote Originally Posted by piyemingo View Post
    Haha of course, TVB/Hong Kong was the birthplace of wuxia dramas. Gigi Lai used to be my most fav ZM. Her outfit is more clearly Mongol too. Lawrence was fitting as ZWJ, too, but he is a little too old so he cant act out the innocent, docile aspect of ZWJ. Sadly YL and XZ were not given as much thought as this version, only considered supporting characters to keep the plot moving.
    Lawrence kaby hangs out with Joseph zwj 19 actor recently in hk for prefilm promos maybe like liyitong yangkang back in 17.

Quote Originally Posted by Mido-Ban View Post
    The girls are zm, zzr and ?xz?