Page 16 of 114 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252666 ... LastLast

Thread: The Heaven Sword and Dragon Saber 2018

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://i.imgur.com/jxKIuBW.jpg')

Like what I see here, most Zhao Min I've seen never felt convincing in male dress, and while Chen still can't pass as a man, at the minimum, she looks like she can pretend to be a smug princess.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://i.imgur.com/bJxaLde.jpg')

Zhang Wuji looks straight out of a boy band. Can't say I'm a fan, but you can't beat Tony in this role, so I guess it'll have to do.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://i.imgur.com/6Y6hrab.jpg')

Appreciate the irony of Kathy Chow playing her former master. Still don't like the fact that all the recent portrayals of this character all look so young.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://i.imgur.com/AvMVphu.jpg')

Is that... Is that a Zhou Zhiruo that doesn't look terrible? It's been a while. I guess it's only been one series since 2003, but it's been 15 years since the last Zhou Zhiruo who might actually pull off both sides of the character. Hard to believe.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://i.imgur.com/sZwlgOB.jpg')

I actually don't care much for Xiao Zhao's character so I've never understood the fascination. This one looks more like the 1986 version so should be fine.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://i.imgur.com/XUVKUcp.jpg')

I think Zhang Meng was a bit excessive for Yin Li, to be honest - she was a little too gorgeous for the role, especially given her competition at the time. This Yin Li looks more down to earth and less likely to steal the show, which is better, though she might look a little old...

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://i.imgur.com/e8qDIAQ.jpg')

...But then you go and do this.

I believe this is a new actress, Sun Anke. Very little information online, as of yet, and this seems to be her first major acting debut. But the question is, why would you put the best looking actress as Yang Buhui? Doesn't that just set the rest up for disappointment? Although, she does have this house wife look in this picture that I guess fits the character, so maybe not too bad.

All in all, I'm satisfied with the cast. It looks better than 2009. The male characters are significantly worse than the female characters, however. But we'll see, maybe their acting will make up for it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Riverlake View Post
    But the question is, why would you put the best looking actress as Yang Buhui?
    Isn't that a stroke of casting brilliance? 'You mean the hero doesn't get the prettiest girl in the series?' It adds a touch of realism to ZWJ and gives his character more character. For me the best (and shocker) part of RoCH was YG losing an arm. This type of casting in HSDS almost has the same effect on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Riverlake View Post
    Like what I see here, most Zhao Min I've seen never felt convincing in male dress, and while Chen still can't pass as a man, at the minimum, she looks like she can pretend to be a smug princess.
    In the book, Zhao Min didn't mean to disguise as a man (unlike Huang Rong when she first met Guo Jing). She just wore men's clothes, probably as a power move. Yang Xiao recognized right away that she's obviously a girl. Zhou Dian even commented she's much prettier than Yang BuHui.

Zhang Wuji looks straight out of a boy band. Can't say I'm a fan, but you can't beat Tony in this role, so I guess it'll have to do.
    Yeah but at least, he looks the right age, though. Other than Tony Leung, the other Zhang Wujis all look like 10 years older than the book's version.

Appreciate the irony of Kathy Chow playing her former master. Still don't like the fact that all the recent portrayals of this character all look so young.

Is that... Is that a Zhou Zhiruo that doesn't look terrible? It's been a while. I guess it's only been one series since 2003, but it's been 15 years since the last Zhou Zhiruo who might actually pull off both sides of the character. Hard to believe.

I actually don't care much for Xiao Zhao's character so I've never understood the fascination. This one looks more like the 1986 version so should be fine.

I think Zhang Meng was a bit excessive for Yin Li, to be honest - she was a little too gorgeous for the role, especially given her competition at the time. This Yin Li looks more down to earth and less likely to steal the show, which is better, though she might look a little old...

...But then you go and do this.

I believe this is a new actress, Sun Anke. Very little information online, as of yet, and this seems to be her first major acting debut. But the question is, why would you put the best looking actress as Yang Buhui? Doesn't that just set the rest up for disappointment? Although, she does have this house wife look in this picture that I guess fits the character, so maybe not too bad.
    Yeah, this Yang Buhui is way too pretty (not that I'm complaining haha). In the book, Jin Yong made it a point to mention that both Xiao Zhao and Zhao Min are much prettier than her.

All in all, I'm satisfied with the cast. It looks better than 2009. The male characters are significantly worse than the female characters, however. But we'll see, maybe their acting will make up for it.
    And let's hope they don't butcher the script too much and turn it into another soppy, 言情-type story.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Another third edition change which I think it's interesting. https://wuxiasociety.com/heaven-swor...ird-edition/2/

"In the previous edition, Zhou Zhiruo pretended to commit suicide when Zhang Wuji met with Zhao Min. Instead, she left and disappeared for a couple of months, during which she went to Peach Blossom Isles to retrieve the hidden manuals and started practising the techniques."

So, what were zwj and zm doing these couple of months? Searching for XX?
    And when zzr and zwj meet again, they decide to get married immediately?
    nope... "searching for xx" was the event after zhao min disturbed wuji and zz marriage
    zhang wuji met zhao min coincidentally in the restaurant , this restaurant was a very memorable for them as they have met twice there before. zzr trailed wuji and think that they really did planning a meeting.
    after that, wuji went to Emei and asked for forgiveness, zzr forgave him and they set their wedding date in June.

i dont remember what wuji doing in that gap time between the restaurant incident and went to Emei .
    but he was not with zhao min, as when they met coincidentally in the restaurant, they kissed but then zhao min bit wuji's lip and said that she hate him for giving a miserable memories

Quote Originally Posted by a_tumiwa View Post
    nope... "searching for xx" was the event after zhao min disturbed wuji and zz marriage
    zhang wuji met zhao min coincidentally in the restaurant , this restaurant was a very memorable for them as they have met twice there before. zzr trailed wuji and think that they really did planning a meeting.
    after that, wuji went to Emei and asked for forgiveness, zzr forgave him and they set their wedding date in June.

i dont remember what wuji doing in that gap time between the restaurant incident and went to Emei .
    but he was not with zhao min, as when they met coincidentally in the restaurant, they kissed but then zhao min bit wuji's lip and said that she hate him for giving a miserable memories
    Interesting. Then how does the story go?
    1. zzr caught zwj and zm together.
    2. zzr disappeared.
    3. zm asked zwj to chase after zzr. After "kissing" and "biting", zwj run off but cannot find zzr. Then he possibly went to emei to find her? But she is not there.
    4. xx months later, zwj heard that she is back and appeared in front of zzr and ask for forgiveness and then decide to hold the wedding some time later?

its imposibble for ZM to asked zwj to chase after zzr, they are arch enemy, ZM run off herself after kissing and biting .
    i just checked the novel...
    Han Li’er told him that he saw zzr took all her belongings and then mount horse and went off. wuji tried searching zzr but cannot find her.because ZZR is a leader of Emei sect, so she must be return to emei.
    in the meantime, wuji ask all high position ming cult members (fan yao, yang xiao, etc) for meeting in Haozhou, that city has been conquered and controlled by Han Shantong (he is the head commando of ming cult military). and command them to search xie xun and cheng kun and chen youliang.
    (important note: zhu yuanzhang was still under the command of Han Shantong)
    Shuobude reported that in Qingyuan, Zhejiang province, he saw some women with high lightness skill and found out that they re Emei disciples, they live at Dinghai, Qingyuan for temporary. they lived in Guanyin temple names Baiyi Temple.
    Wuji, and the gang went to Dinghai after make some preparation. Met ZZR and so on

(note: zzr asked wuji some guide about training inner energy, i assume it was related to JiuYin? if yes, then its mean after that restaurant incident, zzr went to peach blossom island)

its imposibble for ZM to asked zwj to chase after zzr, they are arch enemy, ZM run off herself after kissing and biting .
    i just checked the novel...
    Han Li’er told him that he saw zzr took all her belongings and then mount horse and went off. wuji tried searching zzr but cannot find her.because ZZR is a leader of Emei sect, so she must be return to emei.
    in the meantime, wuji ask all high position ming cult members (fan yao, yang xiao, etc) for meeting in Haozhou, that city has been conquered and controlled by Han Shantong (he is the head commando of ming cult military). and command them to search xie xun and cheng kun and chen youliang.
    (important note: zhu yuanzhang was still under the command of Han Shantong)
    Shuobude reported that in Qingyuan, Zhejiang province, he saw some women with high lightness skill and found out that they re Emei disciples, they live at Dinghai, Qingyuan for temporary. they lived in Guanyin temple names Baiyi Temple.
    Wuji, and the gang went to Dinghai after make some preparation. Met ZZR and so on

(note: zzr asked wuji some guide about training inner energy, i assume it was related to JiuYin? if yes, then its mean after that restaurant incident, zzr went to peach blossom island)
    Thanks a_t again for the detailed explanation. So I presume after meeting zzr, he apologize and they decide to get married.
    With regard to zm, possibly she went to search for XX.

How's about an earlier question I ask about XZ's whereabouts at the Bright Peak Pagoda. According to the novel third edition, XZ was not there. Is it true?

yes , she was not there (pagoda), i dont think wuji want to bring her for that important rescue mission, her martial is shallow , too dangerous to bring her. she stayed at the inn .
    Wuji only brought 2 people at him, green bat wei yixiao to burn palace and fan yao

yes , she was not there (pagoda), i dont think wuji want to bring her for that important rescue mission, her martial is shallow , too dangerous to bring her. she stayed at the inn .
    Wuji only brought 2 people at him, green bat wei yixiao to burn palace and fan yao
    Thanks once again, a_t.

I did not recognize it. He definitely look more handsome there than MRF in DGSD 2013.
    off topic,
    Kaypang gallery just said that he is the strongest candidate for Jinlung Fawang on Roch 2019.

that would be his 6th appearance on JY adaptation.

off topic,
    Kaypang gallery just said that he is the strongest candidate for Jinlung Fawang on Roch 2019.

that would be his 6th appearance on JY adaptation.
    OT: Never like ROCH except for GX. Felt that YG should have married GF/GX to be in-line with LOCH Guo-Yang family promise that if one girl one guy will marry each other. Felt that YG should have stayed back at Xiangyang to help in the defence. Anyway, not his fault. It's the writer.

The OST?

ZM: Looks strange in male clothes. Maybe a bit thin.

I can't remember the full details. ZZR's real father was a king and he has helped the Ming Cult? Does zwj know this?

Interestingly, ZM is a princess, ZZR is also a princess and XZ can also be considered a princess. Yin-er can also be a princess as his grandfather is Eagle "King".

I can't remember the full details. ZZR's real father was a king and he has helped the Ming Cult? Does zwj know this?

Interestingly, ZM is a princess, ZZR is also a princess and XZ can also be considered a princess. Yin-er can also be a princess as his grandfather is Eagle "King".
    * typo = her grandfather.

Is this the real OST? I'm so disappointed... It seems to be less attractive than other wuxia drama's OST

ZM: Looks strange in male clothes. Maybe a bit thin.

While the actress is the one playing ZM, none of the clip in this vid is from HSDS.

Quote Originally Posted by Katherine Yang View Post
    Is this the real OST? I'm so disappointed... It seems to be less attractive than other wuxia drama's OST
    Most likely not. The series is barely into post production, OST is usually the final process.

Thanks goodness since for ZM the scenes seem really lacking in gravitas! I'm all for idol versions of established stories but only if the characters stay somewhat recognizable. (Ok, who am I kidding, I just want ZM to stay recognizable... I might be up for a comic versions of other lead characters!)

Oh and someone asked a few posts back about ZM telling ZWJ to go after ZZR being unlikely, and I can confirm at least that in Tony Leung version that does happen (I've seen it myself a half dozen times). I think it's an expression of how disappointed she was with him. (I believe it also happens in the Gigi/Lawrence version although I'm blanking on the book and the other drama versions, e.g., Alex/Alyssia, Ady/Deng Chao.)

Hmm, this dragon sabre looks SO ugly? I also wanted to say "BIG". How do Yin Susu and ZZR lift it?
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i63.tinypic.com/359jlu8.jpg')

Any updates on this? Anyone know when it's airing?