Page 17 of 114 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262767 ... LastLast

Thread: The Heaven Sword and Dragon Saber 2018

Looks nice. But can't understand since there are no lyrics and it is in Cantonese.

Probably no videos/music this time is real. too early?

Fans have enough of HSDS. Something new please.

1978 HSDS. Think still one of my favorites.

Can't remember the last part when ZM hand something to ZZR. Anyone has any idea?

XZ = supposedly the prettiest in HSDS according to JY. But seems not true in all the TV series.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i64.tinypic.com/2mgl4b6.jpg')

Banned

Anyone a big fan of HSDS ought to check out Fights Break Sphere airing/recently aired.

The manga has roots in RoCH spoof... But the drama screenwriter changed it into an HSDS spoof:

- Main char's parents forced to commit suicide/destroy fight Qi in front of crowd

- Main char lost his power/cannot train to fight as a boy

- Main char is a doctor/healer in addition to fighter (only 1 char from JY universe I know that acts as physician n that is Zhang Wuji)

- Main char fell down a cliff n met a clingy girl who would commit suicide if he didn't marry her on the spot...

- Zhou Zhiruo-type romantic competitor who dealt an almost fatal blow to the main char

- A magical weapon is hidden in the belly of a giant snake, a girl hides herself in the belly of a centipede to get past a barrier (in HSDS 9 manual found in belly of ape)...

- etc.

This only b/c Jin Yong is so famous any modern works will borrow stuff from him, only this drama tries too much to be like HSDS (with elements of RoCH)

This series should be coming. Just saw an official poster from kaypang gallery.

I may have asked this question before. But, my poor memory does not ring a bell for the answer. So I apologize. And thanks once again.
    Was XZ around when ZZR stabbed ZWJ?

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    This series should be coming. Just saw an official poster from kaypang gallery.

I may have asked this question before. But, my poor memory does not ring a bell for the answer. So I apologize. And thanks once again.
    Was XZ around when ZZR stabbed ZWJ?
    on brightness peak? yes , she was the first and only one to support him after injury by that heaven sword

Quote Originally Posted by a_tumiwa View Post
    on brightness peak? yes , she was the first and only one to support him after injury by that heaven sword
    Thanks a_t. Yin-er was there too?

Just want to get my memory right. So
    1. At Brightness Peak, there was a fight between Ming and the righteous sects.
    2. ZWJ diffused the tense situation.
    3. Miejue was unhappy and asked ZZR to stab ZWJ
    4. ZZR and gang retreated back to the inn
    5. Come ZM, and how did she trap the righteous sects in the pagoda?
    6. ZWJ heard the news (who inform him?) and went with who? (I knew that XZ did not go) to save the righteous sect members.
    7. Miejue refused to be saved and died.

Thanks a_t. Yin-er was there too?

Just want to get my memory right. So
    1. At Brightness Peak, there was a fight between Ming and the righteous sects.
    2. ZWJ diffused the tense situation.
    3. Miejue was unhappy and asked ZZR to stab ZWJ
    4. ZZR and gang retreated back to the inn
    5. Come ZM, and how did she trap the righteous sects in the pagoda?
    6. ZWJ heard the news (who inform him?) and went with who? (I knew that XZ did not go) to save the righteous sect members.
    7. Miejue refused to be saved and died.
    Yin Li kidnapped by wei yixiao, but his cold poison suddenly triggered , yin li use the chance to escape and then MIA .

4. when all 5 major sects strolled down from brightness peak , the Ming cult hide themselves to secret tunnel, because there are about 10 minor sects attacked from 3 directions. these minor sect are not affiliate with 5 major sects.
    after ming cult hide for 1-2 weeks and recovered from injury, they went out from hideout, wuji commanded Earth Banner to rebuild building (because most of them had been burned down) , while wuji and some members planned to pick up xie xun in ice-fire island. half of the ming cult members stayed in brightness peak including 4 gates, earth banners, etc .
    its when they strolled down from mountain, they met several Emei's disciples who accuse them captured their leader .
    5. then they met ZM and his 8 Mongol Archers, then Green Liu Manor/Villa Incident , then all ming cult members who entered green villa got tendon awakening poison powder except wuji, wuji back to green villa for antidote , while the ming cult members surrounded by mongol forces, suddenly a servant girl show up and by using 8 Trigram element (ba gua) and formation, commanded some ming cult banners to defend . this girl ofc no other than XZ . after this incident , Yang Xiao is more suspicious about her , because if she know about 8 trigram elements ,its mean her parents or teacher are at least have reputable name in jianghu. the story about how Mongol captured 5 major sects were not told , but it was related with Tendon Weakening poison powder , some people who refuse to give up and force himself to fight, got killed immediately like Kongzhi of shaolin (the one who fought with wuji at brightness peak using dragon claw) . so there are 3 factors that make Mongols easily captured them; tendon weakening poison, half of the sect members re injured, and outnumbered.
    6. its very very long story.... after ming cult went to shaolin, then wudang, then the right protector Fan Yao inform his real indentify secretly to wuji and told him all the mongol plans , they went to pagoda for rescue mission , only Wuji, Fan Yao, and Wei Yixiao went to that rescue mission

Thanks, a_t for the detailed explanation. Is the pagoda located at the Brightness Peak?

Thanks, a_t for the detailed explanation. Is the pagoda located at the Brightness Peak?
    of course not, brightness peak is the headquarter of Ming Cult , Mongols wont hid there , brigthness peak is one of the peak in KunLun mountains range, while the pagoda is in Beijing city (i dont remember what is the old name of beijing), as part of Wan An temple , i dont know if this temple is based on the real building because jin yong usually tend to use the real historic building.
    from Kunlun Mountains to Beijing is very very far

Quote Originally Posted by a_tumiwa View Post
    of course not, brightness peak is the headquarter of Ming Cult , Mongols wont hid there , brigthness peak is one of the peak in KunLun mountains range, while the pagoda is in Beijing city (i dont remember what is the old name of beijing), as part of Wan An temple , i dont know if this temple is based on the real building because jin yong usually tend to use the real historic building.
    from Kunlun Mountains to Beijing is very very far
    Hmm, then what are all the major sects doing at the Pagoda to be "caught" by ZM?

They werent at the pagoda. Each sect was caught using the bone martial arts drug thingy one by one on there way out of ming cult once wuji became leader. Zm locked them in the pagoda to have them forfeit while teaching her ma.

yes, they re captured on their half-way back to home, and brought forcely to capital city.
    i think zhao min chose the capital because it has a very strong military defense and mongol influence, unlike other cities or region, in capital , even a Han support Mongol

Thanks Mido-Ban and a_t.

So, ZM and ZWJ met each other near Brightness Peak for the first time?
    And the second time is when ZM went to Wudang?
    Third time when ZWJ paid her a visit?

Well not really sure. Since i watch adaptions only. Recent memory is from tvb version 2000 sinc3 i was watching it on utube.

They do meet at brightness peak, then later in markey, zm was dress as manx had yitian sword amd wuji saved her or something.

Then later they meet again at her villa where she comes dress as girl and everyone was shocked to c her beauty as well as how she got sword. Then stuff happeneds, both fall down trap door, wuji tickles her feet to make her open the door and escapes. Something like that.

the first time was on the street , when zhao min with 8 archers, they dont talk yet, suddenly they hear a scream and a group of female villagers escaped from mongol soldier pursuit, wuji n ming cult members prepared to help, but zhao min already commanded her archers to shot all the mongol soldiers down , the event was before Green Villa . from this we can see that zhao min even dont mint to kill her own people if they did a wrong thing.
    the 2003 adaptation where zhao min appeared on brightness peak was deviated from novel

an image associated with the event

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i67.tinypic.com/2dbl4km.jpg')

Thanks again.