Page 28 of 114 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930313233343536373878 ... LastLast

Thread: The Heaven Sword and Dragon Saber 2018

Quote Originally Posted by hirobo2 View Post
    P.S: HSDS Ep 01 makes LoCH choreography look like crap. Notice how our Wudang master seemingly able to walk on water realistically but in LoCH Ep 1 the guys foot didn't even touched the snow when he tread on it, like he was suspending on wires not even touching the ground. That one Ep why I never touched LoCH 17 to date after previewing it...
    The whole point of that scene was to show that his steps was so light, it's as if he was floating.

But back on topic.

Quote Originally Posted by hirobo2 View Post
    Lol I only put up the 1st Ep so u guys can preview whether its worth watching in HD.

How can you guys tolerate the bad YT video encoding n claim yourselves 2 b HSDS fans?

The true HSDS fan will find a way to watch HSDS in the best possible quality and YT vids ain't it, even if at 4K resolution...
    What people watch is up to them.

Thanks, wuxiarocks. There's already vietnamese subs for the first 4 episodes but sadly I can't read vietnamese. I'll try and find the .srt files for them and google translate to english for you guys.

As usual, thanks, wuxiarocks.
    Wow, already have vietnamese subs.
    Any english subs?

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    As usual, thanks, wuxiarocks.
    Wow, already have vietnamese subs.
    Any english subs?
    Yeah, vietnamese and chinese are related languages so it's not difficult to translate to each other. I wouldn't be surprised if a viet dub comes out in a week. And sorry, there's no english subs atm.
    Last edited by vicious219; 02-27-19 at 09:13 PM.

Is there any cmt abt the first 8eps?

Tbh, I don't like the slow motion here. Don't know why director did a good job in LOCH 2017 but he still decided to focus on slow motion (and action scenes are actually very "slow").
    However, I like most of supporting actors, especially Cuishan & Susu, Yangxiao & Jiaofu. They are the most loyal version to the novel ever.

Wuxiarocks rocks!

I managed to get a little glimpse and the quality of filming seems superlative!

I watched the
    click to show/hide spoilers
    Cuishan suicide scene
    and the expressions of his Wudang brothers and ZSF were wondeful- HSDS is meant to be an ensemble piece and one of the reasons I love the 1986 version is that it had great actors for all the 'bit' characters (Wudang, Ming sect, ZM's father etc.) So amazing when every side character has a story and a story told well!

Excited!

Hmmm... actually I'm ok with slow-motion fight scenes, seems quite beautiful to be able to enjoy the stunt people's grace or the actor(ress) expression in the moment. (And before you ask, I'm pretty old. )

Quote Originally Posted by Katherine Yang View Post
    Is there any cmt abt the first 8eps?

Tbh, I don't like the slow motion here. Don't know why director did a good job in LOCH 2017 but he still decided to focus on slow motion (and action scenes are actually very "slow").
    However, I like most of supporting actors, especially Cuishan & Susu, Yangxiao & Jiaofu. They are the most loyal version to the novel ever.
    I don't like the slow motion either. It's being abused too much. One or two slow mo's per episode is okay. But they used it like 100 times in the first fight scene alone! I hope they tone it down a bit later on. I've only watched episode 1.

Quote Originally Posted by yanfeng View Post
    Hmmm... actually I'm ok with slow-motion fight scenes, seems quite beautiful to be able to enjoy the stunt people's grace or the actor(ress) expression in the moment. (And before you ask, I'm pretty old. )
    nice to see old generation give a positive feedback to watch a new adaptation
    usually people in my country from old generation, always complain about the new adaptation and always compare it to old 80-90s years adaptation

I PREFER LOCH choreography!

P.s: If any videos are at TRUE 4K resolution, NO way it would suck LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Don Yu View Post
    P.s: If any videos are at TRUE 4K resolution, NO way it would suck LOL
    It's not all about the quality of the videos. For example, the 1983 version of the ROCH is considered one of the best versions and the best quality you can watch it in is 480p.

Thanks so much wuxiarocks! I'm perfectly happy with the the video quality.

Quote Originally Posted by vicious219 View Post
    I don't like the slow motion either. It's being abused too much. One or two slow mo's per episode is okay. But they used it like 100 times in the first fight scene alone! I hope they tone it down a bit later on. I've only watched episode 1.
    I saw all 8 episodes and the slow-mo doesn't stop. Heck, even some of the dramatic non-fight scenes are slow-mo. Haha. Not into this Susu. Yang Xiao has this debonair air to him that oozes sensuality. Everything is moving at a fast pace and I like it. Can't wait till the grown Wuji shows up.

Quote Originally Posted by dictionary View Post
    Thanks so much wuxiarocks! I'm perfectly happy with the the video quality.

I saw all 8 episodes and the slow-mo doesn't stop. Heck, even some of the dramatic non-fight scenes are slow-mo. Haha. Not into this Susu. Yang Xiao has this debonair air to him that oozes sensuality. Everything is moving at a fast pace and I like it. Can't wait till the grown Wuji shows up.
    Are there any good hand to hand fight scenes?

Are there any good hand to hand fight scenes?
    Not as of yet.

On a side note, this Cui Shan is more mellow than those in previous adaptations.

Lord the fight scenes in LOCH actually have people hitting each other. On this on the other hand, they act like they are going to hit each other but end up mostly avoiding each other instead.

And, then somehow fight is over!

Lord the fight scenes in LOCH actually have people hitting each other. On this on the other hand, they act like they are going to hit each other but end up mostly avoiding each other instead.

And, then somehow fight is over!
    I watched a couple more episodes and the slow mo is starting to piss me off. The only time it's not slow is when they talk.

*someone enters the scene* - slow mo
    *someone spits blood* - slow mo
    *someone unsheathes a sword* - slow mo
    *someone takes a crap* - SLOW MO

Jesus ****ing Christ. Someone make it stop already.

Beautiful song when the parents marrying themselves in Episode 3.

Who sings it? What's the song?

arghhh lets see what streaming site translate the sub first