Page 32 of 114 FirstFirst ... 22232425262728293031323334353637383940414282 ... LastLast

Thread: The Heaven Sword and Dragon Saber 2018

Quote Originally Posted by poppies View Post
    I wonder how much of the Guangming Peak fun we'll get in it. Hopefully it's not just the camera panning to a "this way to Guangming Peak" road sign and then closing credits.
    It appears that this director likes to end each episode on a cliffhanger. Ep18 will probably end like how you describe.

Except for the slo-mo that everyone is rightfully complaining about, I've really liked this series so far. The touching scenes were done very well. I like how the director builds up the moments, allowing the viewer to have an emotional connection to the characters. The sets are beautiful (thought the CGI is crap). The actresses are very pretty, easily the prettiest among all YTTLJ series.

Dislike: XieXun's acting. XieXun is not a brainless brute. The XieXun in the story is much more sophisticated and complicated. We want to see the struggle between his crazy side and his much more cultivated side, where he can sit down and discuss the classics with any scholars. Yet, so far, I only see a XieXun that snarls like an animal all the time. That's not XieXun. In fact, as the story depicts, when XieXun talks about his tragedy, he has a chillingly calm manner that somehow conveys that this person has suffered through the worst of pain.

Dislike: They completely changed the character of WuDang's sixth hero, Yin LiTing. In fact, in the story, Yin LiTing was the most forgiving of Yin SuSu's background and was the most welcoming to her among all 6 heros. He even liked her because they shared the same family name. They changed him into a typical stereotyping idiot.

douban rating system is rigged for sure .....

same director , same style of storytelling

clone accounts doing low vote to pull it down when the puppet master doesn't get paid cash

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://i.imgur.com/gFw0Y3Z.png')

Banned

I have watched up to Ep 02. And no I did not YT it, but downloaded so called web rips of the highest possible quality.

Anyways, drama seems to suffer from what I call "cut-short-itis". One moment ZCS and YSS r competing w Golden Hair Lion. Next moment they r on a ship. There is no transition whatsoever. Other than that drama has no flaws...

Ppl who complain about the slow mo action scenes, they're stuck in the past when various Kung Fu veterans like Jet Li, Vincent Zhao etc. Ruled the cinema. Actors/actresses these days have no martial art talent. Plus, the slo mo makes the sequences less confusing to watch. So called wuxia fights of the past seemed like hummingbirds dancing around so fast you can't even make out what they're doing...

Choreography in HSDS the one I actually prefer n the one the newer gen of watchers prob appreciate too!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by krabs View Post
    douban rating system is rigged for sure .....

same director , same style of storytelling

clone accounts doing low vote to pull it down when the puppet master doesn't get paid cash

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://i.imgur.com/gFw0Y3Z.png')
    That's good to hear. I've grown wary of douban where junk (sorry to say this but the drama is full of imperial cliches that any 4th grader can come up with) like Nirvana in Fire 1/2 get top ratings while the shows I've actually enjoyed deserved better...

Quote Originally Posted by wuxiarocks View Post
    Here's an alternate source. HD, ad-free.

EP1
    EP2
    EP3
    EP4
    EP5
    EP6
    EP7
    EP8
    EP9
    EP10
    EP11
    EP12
    Hi wuxiarocks, any update? Will like to watch Ep 16 where ZWJ and ZZR meet.

Quote Originally Posted by vicious219 View Post
    Hi, everyone. Here's the first episode with english subs:

click to show/hide spoilers

Please note that I actually can't read vietnamese or chinese. I had to use google translate for about 90% of the subs. Forgive me if I butchered a translation. Enjoy

Edit: I think the 1080p quality is still processing so give it some time.
    Thank you for providing the eng sub to all. You did a great job. If you have srt of the viet sub, maybe I can help.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Hi wuxiarocks, any update? Will like to watch Ep 16 where ZWJ and ZZR meet.
    Further ep is not available yet. Will keep you posted should there be any update.

i heard that this version has so many extra romantic scene?

Quote Originally Posted by a_tumiwa View Post
    i heard that this version has so many extra romantic scene?
    In Episode 16, zwj caught zzr when the latter fell down from the hill. Quite romantic.
    Extra characters too, e.g. two orang-utans.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    In Episode 16, zwj caught zzr when the latter fell down from the hill. Quite romantic.
    Extra characters too, e.g. two orang-utans.
    isnt that a scene where Wuji learned 9-Yang in the cave? so they change the gorilla to orang utans?

2 orang utans appears in sword stained with royal blood, as Yuan Chengzhi companies, looks like the producer got inspiration from that
    even though i dont know if China once exist orang-utan

isnt that a scene where Wuji learned 9-Yang in the cave? so they change the gorilla to orang utans?
    Hmm, does china have gorilla? :-)
    Copied and pasted from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orangutan Their hair is reddish-brown, instead of the brown or black hair typical of chimpanzees and gorillas.

Let me recollect:
    One orang-utan (or gorilla), the one with the manual, has lots of white/some black hair (looks old).
    The other, possibly reddish-brown/brown.

even though i dont know if China once exist orang-utan
    Big monkeys? Animals tend to be bigger in historical times? :-)

Quote Originally Posted by wuxiarocks View Post
    Thank you for providing the eng sub to all. You did a great job. If you have srt of the viet sub, maybe I can help.
    No sorry, I don't have the srt file. I translated the vietsub manually by typing in google translate. I'm about 80% done with episode 2, it should be available tomorrow afternoon.

No sorry, I don't have the srt file. I translated the vietsub manually by typing in google translate. I'm about 80% done with episode 2, it should be available tomorrow afternoon.
    I'll keep subbing until an experienced sub team starts subbing.

Banned

I'll keep subbing until an experienced sub team starts subbing.
    Lol what's the point? If Viki picks this up were gonna get professional ENG subs...

i am curious,
    how many hours needed to sub 1 episode?

Quote Originally Posted by hirobo2 View Post
    Lol what's the point? If Viki picks this up were gonna get professional ENG subs...
    Viki's subbers are all volunteers, just like our dear friend @vicious219 here. I, for one, am grateful to whoever offering their time, energy, and resources to do the subbing, whether individually or through Viki. The least we can do is sincerely thank them.

No need to apologize. Truly grateful for your hard work in bringing the sub to everyone. To translate by manual typing and without being able to read the language, much respect to you. We appreciate it. Thank you again for your hard work.

Quote Originally Posted by hirobo2 View Post
    While I remain hopeful, Viki hasn't license a JY series since forever. So while fans await a team to pick this up, any contribution should be respect and appreciated. Wuxia series being sub is already a rarity as is.

Thanks goodness. ZZR did not kill the rabbit.