Page 51 of 114 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 2269

Thread: The Heaven Sword and Dragon Saber 2018

Actually, they should have suggested a wedding on the spot with z3f as the witness. zm will possibly be speechless and run away.

I love how they edit and add more scenes for supporting characters in this 2019 version. For Yangxiao's fangirl, there are very detailed scenes regarding Yangxiao-Buhui-Liting in ep27, which have never been in original novel or other HSDS's version. And thanks God, added stories were nicely told.
    To me, I must say that Yangxiao's expressions are priceless in lastest episodes haha

Yanfeng!
    I thought it was cute when ZM stick the hairpin back to ZWJ's head too. Yes, it's like they're comfortable around each other.
    I'm watching episodes 27, 28 on Youtube without Vietnamese sub and I kind of wish Yukee would show some aggressive, arogrant flair to ZM. Maybe it's the actress herself have a sweet and friendly face, or the director asked her to tone down the character?
    Neverless, I really like this ZM. She's not as powerful/cunning looking as Gigi Lai & Ady, but she is subtle like Kitty Lai and just enough charm like Alyssa Chia.

At first I thought ZZR was pretty, but I enjoy all scenes with ZM (drop dead ZM fan girl here 🤣🤣&#129315

Senior Member Mandred Skavenslayer's Avatar

Just finished EP28, impressions:

Cast: 8/10. Especially the three main leads, very well cast. Chen Yuqi's really captures the essence of ZM.
    Plot: 5/10. Keeps close to the book, no surprises/disappointments.
    Changes: 7/10. Like how they expanded YX's story arch and the actor did a very good job making the character look suave. Don't really like how they are trying to make the Mie Jue & ZZR characters more sympathetic.
    Action: 4/10. A mixed bag. The opening fight at the forge was all style and no substance, which has colored the rest of the action.

Overall a solid adaptation.

Was this scene played?
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i66.tinypic.com/2jdm150.jpg')

Just watched ep 26. Now that I think about it, does it mean right after the Liu Manor, ZM already has the thought of giving him the antidote for the black poison thing, AND predict in advance that he will try to steal it from her so as to put the recipe in the pin?
    That's some crazy level of thinking-ahead!

Quote Originally Posted by piyemingo View Post
    Just watched ep 26. Now that I think about it, does it mean right after the Liu Manor, ZM already has the thought of giving him the antidote for the black poison thing, AND predict in advance that he will try to steal it from her so as to put the recipe in the pin?
    That's some crazy level of thinking-ahead!
    Hahaa... not right after, it has to be BEFORE Liu Manor because she had to have the antidote put into the hairpin, and not only that she had to predict that he'll take that particular hairpin from her!

The black paste she could have predicted... but the poison? Unless she uses that all the time and puts the antidote in ALL her jewellery?

I consider that a bit of a SNAFU from Jinyong actually.

Ep27, agree that Yangxiao really shines here. His love for BH and how he had to overcome his feelings to let her go... great acting! He also gets great lines
    click to show/hide spoilers
    [To Yin 7th swordsman: BH is young, in the future if she offends, send her back to me, I'll discipine her. If anyone else dares to touch her, I'll kill.

And the little interlude by JXF's grave.... gah! So sweet and sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandred Skavenslayer View Post
    Just finished EP28, impressions:

Cast: 8/10. Especially the three main leads, very well cast. Chen Yuqi's really captures the essence of ZM.
    Plot: 5/10. Keeps close to the book, no surprises/disappointments.
    Changes: 7/10. Like how they expanded YX's story arch and the actor did a very good job making the character look suave. Don't really like how they are trying to make the Mie Jue & ZZR characters more sympathetic.
    Action: 4/10. A mixed bag. The opening fight at the forge was all style and no substance, which has colored the rest of the action.

Overall a solid adaptation.
    I think Yuqi is doing better too, particularly on the funny/flirty or arrogant parts, but she has still a ways to go in being as natural e.g., as Joseph who, amongst the young leads, is the stand out in my opinion. (Although he does better with dramatic or shy/romantic scenes than he does with funny ones... )

Of all the actors the one for YX and maybe ZhouDian are the best IMHO.

Oh I thought making MJ sympathetic is a nice move here, no more 2-dimensional cardboard obsessed characters. And I like the fight scenes- they tend to be short (except for the fabulous GMD) but decent! (In my books that means people look good doing it and there's a 'realism' to it that doesn't take me "out of drama" when I watch)

Quote Originally Posted by TiffTiff View Post
    Yanfeng!
    I thought it was cute when ZM stick the hairpin back to ZWJ's head too. Yes, it's like they're comfortable around each other.
    I'm watching episodes 27, 28 on Youtube without Vietnamese sub and I kind of wish Yukee would show some aggressive, arogrant flair to ZM. Maybe it's the actress herself have a sweet and friendly face, or the director asked her to tone down the character?
    Neverless, I really like this ZM. She's not as powerful/cunning looking as Gigi Lai & Ady, but she is subtle like Kitty Lai and just enough charm like Alyssa Chia.

At first I thought ZZR was pretty, but I enjoy all scenes with ZM (drop dead ZM fan girl here 🤣🤣&#129315
    I think the actress for ZZR might be one of the prettiest in the cast (although there's lots and lots of competition- I love the stills of Dai-er-si - Golden Granny when she drops her disguise) and the first few episodes she appeared, her acting was good, although the last few episodes has mostly been her looking wronged or sad or apolegetic so not much space for her to show off any acting and her very passive, push-over character makes me shake my head.

Oh yes, and speaking of ZM vs. ZZR, the c-fans are (as expected) going crazy over the ship war... those guys really take it seriously, sometimes too seriously!

Quote Originally Posted by Katherine Yang View Post
    I love how they edit and add more scenes for supporting characters in this 2019 version. For Yangxiao's fangirl, there are very detailed scenes regarding Yangxiao-Buhui-Liting in ep27, which have never been in original novel or other HSDS's version. And thanks God, added stories were nicely told.
    To me, I must say that Yangxiao's expressions are priceless in lastest episodes haha
    Seconded. Whether funny or touching, suave or silly... Lin Shen really delivers as YX! MORE!

A few awesome MV's from ZM/ZWJ shippers on youtube! I don't know how much of the conversation is actually from clips that were released before and how much is fan-made, but there's definitely a lot of angst and drama ahead if this is right!

Now this is a real spoiler
    Wait... ZM's father DIES?!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJlFN5g-aXo
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=By3EmAZ_5m8

The shippy'est line (of all the many, many in the MVs) for me is this one:
    Even if I never find out the truth, I still absolutely trust you.

[Shiver]

BTW, this is a shout out to the Viet fans who made these amazing MVs!

I'm aware that the Viet c-drama fan community is very active in English forums and it's always amazing to me how good dramas pull in people from all different language/culture backgrounds! Plus, far as I can tell, the Viet fans are always the first amongst the varied fan base, to fan-sub episodes, make MV's etc.!
    Last edited by yanfeng; 03-21-19 at 06:21 PM.

Actually after watching the MV's over and over a few times I'm getting a little worried. It's amazing how much romantic angst we'll get, but I also don't really want this to become a melodrama!

I guess I'm going to have the trust the writers that gave us this awesome YX that they can tastefully add to canon... yikes... still excited but nervous.

Ok, this is fan speculation based on the extra footage, warnings real spoilers

ZM's father is killed somehow by Ming Sect.

ZM goes for revenge and ZWJ stops her. He steps in front of her sword and says "I'm willing to take the full responsibility here and offer a life for a life"

ZM: You think I dare not kill you?

She somehow ends up walking away and throwing her sword behind her as ZWJ looks defeated.

What do you think? Too much?

I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt since they've done amazing on the script so far!

On YouTube, as soon as this drama air, we got the Vietnamese subtitle within a few hours. I finished episode 28 already. ZM & ZWJ clearly like each other or have feelings. Now, the director is letting ZZR fall too many times into ZWJ's arms.

Gao Yuan Yuan was still the prettiest ZZR to me. The best was Sheren Tang.

This Zhou Dien is so funny too 🤣🤣🤣

So far until the LAST episode (28)

Which you think are - 

Favorite Acting episode???

Favorite Plot episode???

Favorite Action/Fighting episode???

Well, either really killed by Ming sect or arranged by the Gov / Zhu Yuanchang to appear like being done by Ming sect. In the series her Dad controlled the military but had lots of enemy in the court.

Hope its the latter. Otherwise it's unrealistic for them to just ignore everything and still be together - doesn't work like that in real life. Esp ZM looks like the type who fiercely protects her loved ones.

In the past, the leaving of zm from her family tends to be criticized. Perhaps, the death of her dad will help in reducing the criticism. Maybe, his last words were, "pursue your love ...".

I find the acting by Zhou Dian and Ding Minjun to be interesting. Actually, they will make a perfect couple.

I read from wuxiasociety that in the first novel https://wuxiasociety.com/heaven-swor...ond-edition/3/ that "In the first edition, Zhang Cuishan named his son Zhang Nianci in reference to Mu Nianci, the wife of Yang Kang and mother of Yang Guo. He did not name his son in the second edition, choosing to let Xie Xun name the child."

Anyone know why, especially Nianci is a girl's name.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Yu View Post
    So far until the LAST episode (28)

Which you think are - 

Favorite Acting episode???

Favorite Plot episode???

Favorite Action/Fighting episode???
    Acting wise would be ZCS and YSS' first meeting. These 2 actors/actresses are perfect in what I called subtle facial acting. They really look like 2 people talking and arguing in real life. I dont know how to express it, but you can tell when 2 actors know the script by heart - they interact with their eye motions and facial expressions in corresponse to what the other is saying. And these 2 have such grace in their movements that you believe ZCS is the most cultured disciple of Z3F and YSS can capture his heart in just 1 meeting.
    Coming close Z3F and ZWJ's sequence at Wulin for 9Yang manual. Amazing how Z3F is conspicuously forcing ZWJ hands and head to bow while ZWJ struggles, all the while talking as if he is not doing anything.

Plotwise would be ZWJ's time at Wudang. It creates many leads for later scenes: the graashopper (appear again and again, even the scene later when SQS asks Mo to teach him grasshopper is related to this, and that scene both reveals SQS' infatuation w ZZR and his close relationship w Mo, which will make a later plot even more impactful); learning Taiqi (explain why he grasps Wudang kungfu so quickly in ep26 - he already had the foundation); show us a glimpse of what Yu Dayan's life as a cripple (finding joy in constellation); at the same time creates emotional bond btw the characters and humanise the wudang 7.

That's what I call effective scene. A scene either moves the story along or creates emotional punches. This scene manages to do both.

Action wise would be fight at GMD, obviously. Showcase a range of different types of Wugong, believable CGI. Manages to showcase personalities of the different people and squeeze in some humour (the kind that makes you chuckle, not going overboard and making you roll your eyes).

Haven't not watched all 28 episodes (I picked up from just before GMD)

Acting: I liked the ensemble acting from the Ming sect in general (e.g., as they fought amongst themselves just before GMD fight or when they joke amongst themselves as they travel together) It helps that the scenes heavily feature Yangxiao and ZhouDian.

Plot: GMD has always been the highlight of the first third of HSDS for me- it's a big turning point for Wuji (personally and 'career' wise) and the relations between the 6 sects and Ming sect.

Action: GMD hands down.

Answered my own question. Re-visit Ep 26 - yes, zwj visited his parents' graves.