Page 64 of 114 FirstFirst ... 14545556575859606162636465666768697071727374 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 2269

Thread: The Heaven Sword and Dragon Saber 2018

Quote Originally Posted by yanfeng View Post
    Ep 31 from Vicious- Zhaomin/Father/Brother conversation (22 min) and Zhaomin/Fanyao/ZWJ/XZ meeting where Fanyao says goodbye (35min) are also sub'ed!

Makes me appreciate how hurt ZM was over FY, she asked him if any of what he pretended over the past many years was real.
    Direct links:
    https://youtu.be/eeBy2vXIV10?list=PL...mTBazWy&t=1334

https://youtu.be/eeBy2vXIV10?list=PL...mTBazWy&t=2134

Thank you, yangfeng.

This is somewhat off-topic, but it's been bothering me for a while. Does anyone know why Emei's fighting skills were so bad? I mean Guo Xiang had incredible lineage through both her parents and her maternal grandfather. Although her siblings had absolutely no talent, Guo Xiang was well known for being strong (maybe close to Huang Yaoshi?). Even if her students weren't that strong, shouldn't she have put her skills in a book like was common for the different sects, so that if someone with talent came up, she would become really strong?

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    I thought it was JHPP or JHPP & XZ singing. Anyway, at that time, everyone already knew that JHPP is XZ's mum.
    Oh no no, i mean in the cave

Senior Member Mandred Skavenslayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wuxiafan123 View Post
    This is somewhat off-topic, but it's been bothering me for a while. Does anyone know why Emei's fighting skills were so bad? I mean Guo Xiang had incredible lineage through both her parents and her maternal grandfather. Although her siblings had absolutely no talent, Guo Xiang was well known for being strong (maybe close to Huang Yaoshi?). Even if her students weren't that strong, shouldn't she have put her skills in a book like was common for the different sects, so that if someone with talent came up, she would become really strong?
    Emei weren't that bad, ranked only behind Shaolin & Wudang. Miejue herself was roughly on a par with Daiqisi which puts her pretty high up.

This can be traced back to guojiang's time. At that time, among 3 people learned 9Yang from the dying monk, Z3F being the closest disciple of the monk becomes the most "pure" in neigong, Wu Se monk from shaolin having the best wugong foundation becomes the "strongest" in neigong, Guojiang having travelled and learnjng from others becomes the most "knowledgeable" in neigong.

That goes with an implication that Ermei wugong is the furthest deviation from original 9Yang, and Guojiang must have tried to make it up by copying others' ideas and supplementing with her own creations. Even miejue herself has to think hard to invent new sword techniques that "improve ermei standing on jianghu". Note that by Miejue time, they depend heavily on swords, not pure neigong anymore. Understandably, it is inherently a disadvantage for females to combat in neigong with males, so they have to circumvent it with technique (ZM realises the same thing too, thats why she learned only the best techniques from all the sects wugong)

Also I think it's Miejue herself unlucky that her batch of disciples are quite useless, despite herself being revered. That's why she made ZZR the leader based mainly on her martial art instinct and in spite of her weak credentials/lack of leadership experience. I imagine that she trained JXF well in the martial arts department for 10+ years and then lost her with YX --> explain why she hates YX so much. If YX kidnapped someone else and not the future leader that she has groomed, MJ may actually care less.

Other factors for their inferiority to WD and Shaolin would be: fewer disciples, being females in a male-dominated jianghu (being judged automatically), not involved in doing good deeds outside of their sect (good PR!).

Last edited by piyemingo; 03-29-19 at 07:45 PM.

About a manual, I think she is too busy thinking of new techniques to actually write everything down.

Another plausible explanation is that essentially all the principles would have been taught verbally. My understanding of Jin Yong's martial art is that manuals are usually for neigong (strength and qi) training, whereas weapon techniques are taught by first memorising the verbal principles and then watching shifu displaying the techniques. After that you are much on your own to practise until you master the technique.

In Ermei, firstly the 9Yang neigong principle didn't have a manual, so Guojiang only learned bits of it. I would think that the essential principles (breathing, strength-based training) have been incorporated into daily training even for beginners. No high-level manuals exist. Sword techniques wise, Miejue always conduct her lesson by showing a few moves and let DMJ lead the rest in practising. She would have shown all the techniques she know, too bad her disciples were stupid To be fair, in terms of teaching department, shaolin has hundreds of monks; Wudang has the 7 heroes that have followed Z3F for decades. Miejue only has herself and DMJ, so the kind of one-on-one tutorial that ZM has from FY doesn't exist for an average Ermei disciple (that's rich kid vs poor kid for you )

Well, with how things are going, I'm getting nightmares thinking of how the last 1/3 will be as messy as the hotpot they have at the inn.

I had a discussion with someone else and he said that, now that JY has passed away and dramas are shown online, writers are encouraged to deviate to the plot, basically creating as much criticism as possible to generate views and comments (that's where revenue comes from). I have a feeling that this version preserves its authenticity for 2/3 of the plot to gain followers, and then let the writers' creativity explode for the last 1/3. Basically Yu Zheng but different style <cries hard>

After much resolution to resign to the fate, I remember ZM said to ZWJ, "worry is also one day, not worry is also one day".
    Then I thought, why not make it more fun by predicting how crazy the plot will go?

I'll start first:
    * How did ZM end up at Ming sect again? Why was there a scene with her finding out about ZYZ?
    * Why do you think YL is brought back earlier than the original novel? What role will she play?

Also, @wkeej no scene of ZZR stealing the poison from ZM. We can guess that she has plenty of time to take it while ZWJ and ZM was at the beach.
    Last edited by piyemingo; 03-29-19 at 09:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by piyemingo View Post
    Oh no no, i mean in the cave
    Hey. At the cave, when the song was sang, there is one part where the camera zoom to GHPP and XZ and they are mumbling. In the cave, everyone knew that GHPP was xz's mum after xz begged zwj to save GHPP earlier.

I'll start first:
    * How did ZM end up at Ming sect again? Why was there a scene with her finding out about ZYZ?
    * Why do you think YL is brought back earlier than the original novel? What role will she play?

Also, @wkeej no scene of ZZR stealing the poison from ZM. We can guess that she has plenty of time to take it while ZWJ and ZM was at the beach.
    Thanks. Somehow, zzr needs to know that zm has the poison. As to the plan, she possibly conceive of it in the cave (as she needs to know that zm has the poison). But her initial idea was to kill everyone?
    Are these deviations too in the previous few episodes?
    1. zwj suggesting to make a final escape with xz. But I think this is good.
    2. xz asking zm to take care of zwj in future. This is good too.
    3. zm suggesting/willing to visit xz with zwj in future
    4. beach scene between zm and zwj
    5. XX's hostility against zm
    6. zm's declaration that if need too, she will fight with zwj against Mongols
    7. Wu father and daughter's appearance on Snake Island
    8. Chen Youliang appearance with the Persians
    9. GHPP declaration of two enemies in mainland. Anyone know who are they? One should be zwj's medical doctor. Please let me know if you know the answer.

Wow, looks like a lot of deviations.

There is a part where I like too. xz handed one holy tablet to zwj. That means the Persians still have five. That's why towards the end, xz sent her emissary to return the other five tablets to zwj. Sigh. Will they meet again? But again, no point.

There is a part where I like too. xz handed one holy tablet to zwj. That means the Persians still have five. That's why towards the end, xz sent her emissary to return the other five tablets to zwj. Sigh. Will they meet again? But again, no point.
    Got a rumour that XZ will return at the end to give ZWJ the rest of the tablets and his clothes (is it from this forum?). That's a nice touch I wont mind. I kinda want to be reassured that XZ is having a decent life at Persia.

6. zm's declaration that if need too, she will fight with zwj against Mongols
    --> More like she is willing to be on opposite side with ZWJ, if they are to escape without harm.

In the cave, everyone knew that GHPP was xz's mum after xz begged zwj to save GHPP earlier.
    It was the song first, then XZ revealed herself to be GHPP's daughter.

GHPP declaration of two enemies in mainland. Anyone know who are they?
    Miejue? That's her whole point of coming back to Mainland.

hmm... how do I delete duplicate posts?
    Last edited by piyemingo; 03-29-19 at 11:58 PM.

3. zm suggesting/willing to visit xz with zwj in future

Will they meet again? But again, no point.
    That's a loooong trip mate.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i63.tinypic.com/fwp3du.jpg')

But wouldn't it be nice to have retired couple ZM-ZWJ having a long honeymoon trip to the exotic Persia, where they get to have a chat and go through old stories with the Persian Holy Lady? That would make a perfect epilogue after all the depressing things happening in Mainland.

Got a rumour that XZ will return at the end to give ZWJ the rest of the tablets and his clothes (is it from this forum?). That's a nice touch I wont mind. I kinda want to be reassured that XZ is having a decent life at Persia.

It was the song first, then XZ revealed herself to be GHPP's daughter.
    1. The first point is mentioned by me. In the third edition change, https://wuxiasociety.com/heaven-swor...ird-edition/2/, "Xiaozhao dispatched emissaries to return the Persian’s six Holy Flame Tablets to the Ming Cult. Since Zhang Wuji learnt the techniques from the six tablets that belonged to the Persian Ming Cult, he returned the favour by giving them a copy of the Great Shift in Heaven and Earth.

However, the real reason was Xiaozhao pining for Zhang Wuji, and wanted to get in touch with him. She sent the Holy Flame Tablets along with the clothings she made for him as a gesture of her affection. These clothings were made while she was staying in an inn when Zhang Wuji rescued the people trapped in the pagoda."

First, xz already gave zwj one tablet. So the Persians have five now. I saw from one youtube suggestion that in remembrance of jy (since xz is his favorite), xz will appear in the last episode. On the other hand, another different suggestion was that zwj asked xz not to leave. Do not think that he said so. He only suggested that they make an attempt to fight with the Persians.

Second, I think the song was sung twice in the cave. Once by "xz" when all are resting without her mum. The second time was when the earlier life of GHPP was discussed.

Miejue? That's her whole point of coming back to Mainland.
    Definitely not Miejue. As GHPP already knew that she is dead. Nvm, I will watch the video again.

That's a loooong trip mate.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i63.tinypic.com/fwp3du.jpg')

But wouldn't it be nice to have retired couple ZM-ZWJ having a long honeymoon trip to the exotic Persia, where they get to have a chat and go through old stories with the Persian Holy Lady? That would make a perfect epilogue after all the depressing things happening in Mainland.
    That's very possible. At the first "hotpot" in the inn, ZM did suggest going travelling and zwj is agreeable to that.

I must thank the producer for handling xz's departure very well. This time, they really make it no choice but to let xz leave to save the rest.

Updating my questions:
    1. Who are the two enemies mentioned by GHPP?
    2. How Chen Youliang go back to mainland? Hitch a ride with the Persians
    3. Why didn't xz offer a "ride" to the rest to mainland? Possible reason is that she does not want to see zwj again. Saw that the Persians come with one ship in this series. Can't remember which series, but there is one whereby xz gave them a "spare" ship back to mainland.

Definitely not Miejue. As GHPP already knew that she is dead. Nvm, I will watch the video again.
    Then the second one would be the killer of her husband. The novel never mentions that killer ever again.

Then the second one would be the killer of her husband. The novel never mentions that killer ever again.
    Yes, I think you are right. So her husband did not die of illness. I always thought that he died because zwj's medical teacher refused to treat him. Here's the screenshot. Any more details of the killer?
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i65.tinypic.com/2wf6btv.png')

Something strange next. zwj mentioned that his medical teacher is dead long ago. How does zwj know?

Yes, I think you are right. So her husband did not die of illness. I always thought that he died because zwj's medical teacher refused to treat him. Here's the screenshot. Any more details of the killer?
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i65.tinypic.com/2wf6btv.png')

Something strange next. zwj mentioned that his medical teacher is dead long ago. How does zwj know?
    I read someone's answer a long time ago in this forum about that killer. Apparently an unnamed guy poisoned Han Tianye (probably as a revenge - everyone at Ming sect thinks Han Tianye is responsible for YDT's death) and ZWJ teacher refused to treat him, leading to his death.

Well, his teacher faked death so gotta keep to cover, esp when GHPP is still there