Page 6 of 114 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656106 ... LastLast

Thread: The Heaven Sword and Dragon Saber 2018

Quote Originally Posted by poppies View Post
    Oh I see. I thought you were ranking the stories (as in the novels).

I’d have to look up the 2017 DGSD series. I’m afraid I missed it entirely. The last DGSD I watched was the one with Wallace Chung and a Korean guy some years back. Despite the initial misgivings about the cast, it was actually rather nice.
    OT: Oh My memory. Apology. I am wrong. There is no 2017 DGSD. The last DGSD is also the latest I watch. Yes, I like it too especially the ending.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    OT: Oh My memory. Apology. I am wrong. There is no 2017 DGSD. The last DGSD is also the latest I watch. Yes, I like it too especially the ending.
    Oh ha. Not to worry, don’t give it another thought. I couldn’t find it and thought it might perhaps have been an obscure web show. I like Qiao Feng and strive to catch every DGSD. I like ZWJ too and am quite looking forward to this HSDS. I think he’s just a kind chap trying not to hurt anyone and it comes across as having a weak nature.

It seems to me those two women all too often put themselves first, actually.

Oh ha. Not to worry, don’t give it another thought. I couldn’t find it and thought it might perhaps have been an obscure web show. I like Qiao Feng and strive to catch every DGSD. I like ZWJ too and am quite looking forward to this HSDS. I think he’s just a kind chap trying not to hurt anyone and it comes across as having a weak nature.

It seems to me those two women all too often put themselves first, actually.
    Hmm, which two women?
    ZM? She gatecrashed the wedding because she wants zwj to be hers?
    ZZR? She did all the "bad" things because she wants to be powerful?

Yup, ZM and ZZR.

Interesting on ZM and ZZR putting themselves first. I'd agree to some extent for both women and actually applaud that!

ZM knew what she wanted and didn't hesitate to let ZWJ know that and on that count I think her putting herself above being coy or any sort of social expectations was fantastic. I don't know if she snatched ZWJ at the altar because she put herself first, but she definitely didn't want him to marry on false pretense to ZZR (who had contributed to both them being stranded on Snake island, his godfather's capture and Yingli's "death"). I think ZM was incredibly confident. She was good for ZWJ and she knew it and she wanted him to know it too.

My only beef with her character (that is true in some versions but not in others) is how fast she gave up on her family and tribe for ZWJ. In some of the later versions they try to cover that hole by either making her go back to try to rescue her family or try to negotiate some sort of better ending for them.

ZZR was putting herself first because she was shackled by so much guilt and terror by her shifu. I respect her putting those aspects of herself above her relationship with ZWJ (although she felt torn up about it) even as I don't think that makes her particularly fun as a character to watch.

Too many women who don't have boundaries around what they'd do for their men (even ZM and ZZR are not immune but at least they do have some) so I'm glad of a little balance!

Interesting insights, yanfeng.

One thing for sure. If I were zwj, it is either ZM or ZZR. Marrying both will result in one murdering the other.

The different ZM. Which is your favourite?

Ha true. My first thought was that those costumes needed ironing.
    Just for fun. There should be two scenes before this.
    1. Bat King flying around looking for blood. Resulting in his messy cloth before meeting zwj along the street.
    2. XZ overslept. :-)

Interesting insights, yanfeng.

One thing for sure. If I were zwj, it is either ZM or ZZR. Marrying both will result in one murdering the other.
    In regarding to ZM & ZZR murdering one another if both married to ZWJ, I think ZZR will kill ZM for sure. She let ZM go the first time on the Ice Fire Ice Island, she wouldn't spare ZM twice 🤣

I wish this adaptation will let ZM spend more time with her family & her tribe. She just left her family to be with ZWJ and I didn't find that a noble thing to do either. If the producer is going to spin things around, then let ZWJ to marry both, ZM & XZ 🤣

Tbh I think ZWJ suits ZZR more. They've got the childhood connection and they match better, only reason it didn't happen was cause MieJue is a hag and screwed ZZR up mentally with her crazy demands. There's no way pre-MieJue's bs ZZR does any of the shit she ends up doing without MieJue's bs.

I don't really like the XZ and ZWJ relationship dynamic, it's too imbalanced but that might just be too much of a 21st century view of things rather than the classic Wuxia damsel in distress stuff.

In terms of which ZM I like, I grew up with the Alyssia Chia (sp?) version so I guess her but I remember watching one of the old series and crying as a kid when ZZR stabs ZWJ because of MieJue the hag cause it was sad af. GYY is the prettiest and portrayed the the best ZZR so far imo. She had that beautiful, shy/cold and delicate look with a hint of sadness behind her eyes which is how I interpreted the character too. Looked like a (very attractive) demon too when she learns 9YZJ.

Quote Originally Posted by TiffTiff View Post
    In regarding to ZM & ZZR murdering one another if both married to ZWJ, I think ZZR will kill ZM for sure. She let ZM go the first time on the Ice Fire Ice Island, she wouldn't spare ZM twice 🤣

I wish this adaptation will let ZM spend more time with her family & her tribe. She just left her family to be with ZWJ and I didn't find that a noble thing to do either. If the producer is going to spin things around, then let ZWJ to marry both, ZM & XZ 🤣
    Yes, ZZR will have more hatred for ZM. Not only the latter spoil her wedding, she is indirectly responsible for the death of her shifu.

For this series, I hope that there will be more details on (though there are some coverage of them over the years)
    1. how did zm leave Fire Ice Island? Why she has no time to inform the others?
    2. how did zzr go about poisoning the others
    3. how zzr have possession of the two broken swords
    4. how did XX know that zzr is the "bad" person

Yes, I like the idea that ZWJ marry ZM and XZ. (I can't remember the Jet Li movie. But I remember someone did comment that ZWJ and XZ "slept" together. So this is a good reason that XZ cannot return back to Persia).

Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty Bob View Post
    Tbh I think ZWJ suits ZZR more. They've got the childhood connection and they match better, only reason it didn't happen was cause MieJue is a hag and screwed ZZR up mentally with her crazy demands. There's no way pre-MieJue's bs ZZR does any of the shit she ends up doing without MieJue's bs.

I don't really like the XZ and ZWJ relationship dynamic, it's too imbalanced but that might just be too much of a 21st century view of things rather than the classic Wuxia damsel in distress stuff.

In terms of which ZM I like, I grew up with the Alyssia Chia (sp?) version so I guess her but I remember watching one of the old series and crying as a kid when ZZR stabs ZWJ because of MieJue the hag cause it was sad af. GYY is the prettiest and portrayed the the best ZZR so far imo. She had that beautiful, shy/cold and delicate look with a hint of sadness behind her eyes which is how I interpreted the character too. Looked like a (very attractive) demon too when she learns 9YZJ.
    1. This was my thought over the years. ZWJ and ZZR should be together for afterall, zwj promise to marry her. (OT: similar to DY promise to marry MWQ and HL in DGSD and it happened).

2. Though generally regarded as a "servant", XZ at the end can be regarded as the "leader" of Persian Ming. So, she is indeed one rank above ZWJ.

3. ZM: prefer the Kitty Lai version. ZZR: Gao Yuan Yuan.

Also, hope this series will reveal some background of Yellow-Dressed Lady.

Quote Originally Posted by yanfeng View Post
    Interesting on ZM and ZZR putting themselves first. I'd agree to some extent for both women and actually applaud that!
    Haha yep, I know how you like your female leads!

Watching the way ZM handled the wedding left a rather bad taste in my mouth, unfortunately. Putting their own interests first wasn’t a bad thing. I just wished it wasn’t at ZWJ’s expense.

ZZR’s actions were kind of annoying too. Though they didn’t bother me as much as ZM’s. ZM was the lead and I’d hoped she’d be better.

The different ZM. Which is your favourite?
    Nice. Thanks! Right now, it’s Kitty Lai for me. For I just watched the Tony Leung version not too long ago. For some reason not only did it not feel dated, but oddly enough I actually enjoyed it more than the Zhang Ji Zhong version.

Both ZM and ZZR had nice hair accessories and costumes in it. ZWJ’s purple costume with a cape was a bit funny though.

ZWJ and ZM as an eloped couple at the foot of the Shaolin mountain was cute. A pity the kind couple who put them up in their cottage died.

Haha yep, I know how you like your female leads!

Watching the way ZM handled the wedding left a rather bad taste in my mouth, unfortunately. Putting their own interests first wasn’t a bad thing. I just wished it wasn’t at ZWJ’s expense.

ZZR’s actions were kind of annoying too. Though they didn’t bother me as much as ZM’s. ZM was the lead and I’d hoped she’d be better.
    ZM said: I love zwj. And I am not letting you marry him. or
    ZM said: I borrow your hubby for a while. After that, I will return him to you.

Which is better?

Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty Bob View Post
    Yin Li mentioned that ZZR had a bit of cunning about her once. It was a bit funny for Yin Li was all “your goddess is not who you think she is”, but all ZWJ got from that was “oh how kind of Beautiful Kindhearted Zhirou to try to help us”.

Yin Li mentioned that ZZR had a bit of cunning about her once. It was a bit funny for Yin Li was all “your goddess is not who you think she is”, but all ZWJ got from that was “oh how kind of Beautiful Kindhearted Zhirou to try to help us”.
    That's why zwj is possibly the most useless "hero". Can JY re-write to make him at least a bit stronger?

ZM said: I love zwj. And I am not letting you marry him. or
    ZM said: I borrow your hubby for a while. After that, I will return him to you.

Which is better?
    I think both are fine though I’m leaning towards the first since I don’t think ZM intends to keep her word about the second ha!

But for both, not in public, not in front of the entire wulin.

I think both are fine though I’m leaning towards the first since I don’t think ZM intends to keep her word about the second ha!

But for both, not in public, not in front of the entire wulin.
    Haha. Then, what do you suggest zm to do/say so as not to leave a "rather bad taste in (your) mouth"?