Page 7 of 114 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757107 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 2261

Thread: The Heaven Sword and Dragon Saber 2018

  1. #121
    Senior Member yanfeng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    The different ZM. Which is your favourite?
    My favorite because it's the one I watched first is Kitty Lai's (and also because she and Tony Leung had amazing chemistry) but if I was more objectively, I think Gigi Lai and Alyssia Chia did amazing jobs as well (Gigi because she does arrogant but awesome - and a beautiful contrast to ZWJ- so well and Alyssia because she does mischevious so well.) Both those versions also had their ZM go back and try to do something for their tribe and families, so I liked the characterization of ZM as well as the execution of acting as ZM.

    I went back and after a lot of work managed to get a hold of the Liza Wang version as well and she was pretty cool, but her ZM was a little random (the plot was a little weird) so didn't catch on with me. Cecilia Cheung's version was a little too melodramatic (mostly the plot's fault not the actress), Sharla was cool, but also nearly a minor role in a short movie, so hard to judget, and Ady An just didn't have quite enough gravitas for me to believe she was a princess although in general I like her as an actress.

    XZ is a little too much the traditional heroine for me- lovely and loyal but a tad bland.

  2. #122
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    5,024

    Default

    Wow. yanfeng, you watch all the series? you should join wuxiarocks as a die-hard wuxia fan.
    For me, I only watch Liza Wang and Alyssia Chia's versions. And the second half of Kitty Lai's version (after zwj grew up) because HSDS was a favorite discussion topic then during university lecture break. I still remembered a few girl classmates (20, 21 years old) "cursing" at zm when she gatecrashed the wedding. Maybe they can relate to zzr then - which girl will want her wedding to be spoilt, right?

    Actually, when will this series be ready? 2019?
    And why didn't the smart zm think of a way to save xz from going back to Persia?

  3. #123
    Member The Mighty Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    In a pineapple, under the sea
    Posts
    96

    Default

    2019?!

    I want my JY Wuxia fix now

  4. #124
    Senior Member yanfeng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Wow. yanfeng, you watch all the series? you should join wuxiarocks as a die-hard wuxia fan.
    For me, I only watch Liza Wang and Alyssia Chia's versions. And the second half of Kitty Lai's version (after zwj grew up) because HSDS was a favorite discussion topic then during university lecture break. I still remembered a few girl classmates (20, 21 years old) "cursing" at zm when she gatecrashed the wedding. Maybe they can relate to zzr then - which girl will want her wedding to be spoilt, right?

    Actually, when will this series be ready? 2019?
    And why didn't the smart zm think of a way to save xz from going back to Persia?
    Ha! I'm not so much a wuxia die-hard (though I'm a fan overall) but I'm specifically a HSDS die-hard fan. I made it a point to watch every version that I could get but I think there might be a Shaw Brother's movie version way way back that I haven't seen.

    I don't know if ZM wanted to save XZ... why would she? Competition for ZWJ... ... ZM isn't a nice girl at all!

  5. #125
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    5,024

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yanfeng View Post
    I don't know if ZM wanted to save XZ... why would she? Competition for ZWJ... ... ZM isn't a nice girl at all!
    Looks like XZ is fated to go back to Persia.

  6. #126
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    5,024

    Default

    Kathy Chow as ZZR

  7. #127
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    5,024

    Default

    Kathy Chow as her shifu, Meijue, 25 years later.
    https://www.facebook.com/27908005595...30817988/?t=13

  8. #128
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    5,024

    Default

    Any XZ photo to-date?

  9. #129
    Senior Member yanfeng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,331

    Default

    Hey wkeej,

    I did a search and didn't find ones of XZ but recently posted are fan picts of the shooting of something that looks like the disrupted marriage scene between ZWJ and ZZR. ZZR looks lovely in the red gown!

    http://ent.huanqiu.com/star/mingxing.../11956309.html

  10. #130
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    5,024

    Default

    Thanks for the link, yanfeng.
    This "ZZR" may outshine GYY's ZZR in terms of looks.

  11. #131
    Member The Mighty Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    In a pineapple, under the sea
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    This "ZZR" may outshine GYY's ZZR in terms of looks.
    Woah woah woah, let's not get to overboard here

  12. #132
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    5,024

    Default

    I have a question on Yin-er. What happened to her in the end? Went back to Ming Sect or wander in jianghu?

  13. #133
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    924

    Default

    When is the trailer coming?

  14. #134
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    5,024

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty Bob View Post
    Woah woah woah, let's not get to overboard here
    Good point. Actually we may not know.
    OT: I may be biased. But I feel that Li Yitong (as HR) has possibly outshone Barbara Yung in the fighting scenes.

  15. #135
    Senior Member TiffTiff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    742

    Default

    I'm more interested in seeing pictures of ZM 🤔

  16. #136
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    5,024

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TiffTiff View Post
    I'm more interested in seeing pictures of ZM 🤔
    So who is your favorite actress as ZM?

  17. #137
    Senior Member TiffTiff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    742

    Default

    HSDS 1986 was the first wuxia series I watched when I came to the US, so Kitty Lai is my favorite. She was just enough in term of beauty and scheming.
    I thought Cecilia Yip lack the beauty & charisma for her role as ZM. She looked like a nun as well.
    For Gigi Lai, she was very pretty, I loved all of her outfits and hairstyles, but she talked so much! I couldn't get past the pairing with Lawrence Ng as well, he was so old.
    Alyssa Chia was so childish and bratty as a princess, but her chemistry with Alec Su was mesmerizing.
    I love Ady An's portrayal as well, but only her as ZM. Her performance was excellent on par with Kitty Lai, but I didn't like her plain hairstyle when wearing the red and white outfit with red boots. There were many flaws in the 2009 version, no interaction with ZM family and tribe. Not sufficient screen time when ZM choose ZWJ over her dad. I didn't see much chemistry with Ady and Dao Cheng either. I wish they could have an actual kiss and a little bit more romance.

    I can't wait to see how this new ZM will be. The actress was very cute in the series with Tang Yan.

  18. #138
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    5,024

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TiffTiff View Post
    HSDS 1986 was the first wuxia series I watched when I came to the US, so Kitty Lai is my favorite. She was just enough in term of beauty and scheming.
    I thought Cecilia Yip lack the beauty & charisma for her role as ZM. She looked like a nun as well.
    For Gigi Lai, she was very pretty, I loved all of her outfits and hairstyles, but she talked so much! I couldn't get past the pairing with Lawrence Ng as well, he was so old.
    Alyssa Chia was so childish and bratty as a princess, but her chemistry with Alec Su was mesmerizing.
    I love Ady An's portrayal as well, but only her as ZM. Her performance was excellent on par with Kitty Lai, but I didn't like her plain hairstyle when wearing the red and white outfit with red boots. There were many flaws in the 2009 version, no interaction with ZM family and tribe. Not sufficient screen time when ZM choose ZWJ over her dad. I didn't see much chemistry with Ady and Dao Cheng either. I wish they could have an actual kiss and a little bit more romance.

    I can't wait to see how this new ZM will be. The actress was very cute in the series with Tang Yan.
    Thanks for thoughts.
    It seems that people like Kitty Lai's portrayal of ZM just like OT: Barbara Yung role as HR.

  19. #139
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    734

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Any XZ photo to-date?
    kaypang gallery just posted a close-up picture ,
    cannot post here because of this strange forum behaviour

  20. #140
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    5,024

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by a_tumiwa View Post
    kaypang gallery just posted a close-up picture ,
    cannot post here because of this strange forum behaviour
    Thanks, saw it. Possibly on the way back to Persia. Notice the sad looks in her eyes.
    Stupid zwj - never make an effort to ask her to stay.
    Selfish zm - noted for her intelligence but never thought of a way to save her.

Similar Threads

  1. Heaven Sword and Dragon Saber-2008
    By bruzlee in forum Mainland China TV Series
    Replies: 1727
    Last Post: 05-13-19, 08:50 AM
  2. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 08-14-14, 04:49 PM
  3. Why Dragon Saber and Heavenly Sword?
    By Billsy in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 08-16-10, 01:23 PM
  4. Heavenly Sword and Dragon Saber 2003 - Y Thien Do Long Ky 2003.
    By ayara in forum Mainland China TV Series
    Replies: 402
    Last Post: 08-07-08, 02:48 PM
  5. Heaven Sword, Dragon Saber
    By rati4u in forum Wuxia Translations
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-21-06, 06:06 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •