Page 111 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1161101102103104105106107108109110111112113114 LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,220 of 2269

Thread: The Heaven Sword and Dragon Saber 2018

Still trying to reconcile this cut scene.

On the way back from Snake Island, xx and zzr suddenly attacked the Mongol soldiers. Then, out from nowhere, arrows started flying towards zwj's direction. Actually, who shoot these arrows? Are there two groups of Mongol soldiers? One to save and one to kill?

Found this: The songs sang by XZ over the different series.

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av131...trigger_reload

They reused the arrows scene when the monastery was under siege near the end of story.
    I think the editor got bored in the later half and tried to slip in whatever to extend the time and drive the storyline into the narrative they want.

Just finished this yesterday.

My initial feeling on this particular adaptation is that it was largely carried by the supporting cast. Nearly all of the supporting characters are great in this. IMO it has the best version of Priestess MieJue, best Ji XiaoFu by far, best Yang Xiao (tied with 1994), best Yin Susu, and best Yang Buhui. It also had the best child actor versions of young ZWJ, teen ZWJ, and young ZZR. I couldn't find their names, but the kids were outstanding in this. Those were the top standouts for me, but again I stress that the rest of the supporting cast is also fantastic from top to bottom

Where this version really falls flat is the leads, in particular ZWJ and ZZR. These might be the absolute worst versions of them ever. Joseph Zeng's version of ZWJ is every bit as whiny as Steve Ma's 1994 version and cries more than Niagara Falls. Worse though, he doesn't convincingly sell the love triangle. Steve Ma's version was whiny, but when it come to the core romantic elements he had it down perfectly. Deng Chao's 2009 version wasn't great at the romantic elements, but he presented a stronger heroic presence. This 2019 version unfortunately accomplishes neither.

Zhu Xudan's Zhou Ziruo is also the worst version of the character ever. She has a constant furrowed brow look like 90% of the time regardless of the emotional situation that just makes her look constipated instead of sympathetic. It also does not help that ZZR is supposed to be a great beauty - I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that, but IMO she is seriously outclassed by literally every other woman in the show. Such a poor showing from ZZR is exacerbated because Kathy Chow is in the same show and her 1994 version of ZZR is arguably the best ever.

Chen Yuqi's Zhao Min is the strongest of the 3 main leads. They went with the willing to die an honorable death angle similar to the 1994 version, and I really liked that they went with a very modern take in which ZM was willing to walk away in the end. It preserves the agency of her character, whereas in past adaptations she became more of a ZWJ sidekick at the end.

Fighting scenes were generally disappointing. There was an abusive overuse of slow motion which really ruined the pacing of virtually every fight in the series. The big conflicts at Brightness Peak, Wudang, and Shaolin were ruined by the aforementioned slow motion and some random interruptions for talking.

Thinking back now, the most memorable episodes for me were actually the early episodes with ZCS+YSS, the kids, JXF+YX, Butterfly gorge, etc. Once it got to second act where the main trio become the focus, the series starts to take a big turn downhill.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyChrono View Post

My initial feeling on this particular adaptation is that it was largely carried by the supporting cast. Nearly all of the supporting characters are great in this. IMO it has the best version of Priestess MieJue, best Ji XiaoFu by far, best Yang Xiao (tied with 1994), best Yin Susu, and best Yang Buhui. It also had the best child actor versions of young ZWJ, teen ZWJ, and young ZZR. I couldn't find their names, but the kids were outstanding in this. Those were the top standouts for me, but again I stress that the rest of the supporting cast is also fantastic from top to bottom

Where this version really falls flat is the leads, in particular ZWJ and ZZR. These might be the absolute worst versions of them ever. Joseph Zeng's version of ZWJ is every bit as whiny as Steve Ma's 1994 version and cries more than Niagara Falls. Worse though, he doesn't convincingly sell the love triangle. Steve Ma's version was whiny, but when it come to the core romantic elements he had it down perfectly. Deng Chao's 2009 version wasn't great at the romantic elements, but he presented a stronger heroic presence. This 2019 version unfortunately accomplishes neither.

Zhu Xudan's Zhou Ziruo is also the worst version of the character ever. She has a constant furrowed brow look like 90% of the time regardless of the emotional situation that just makes her look constipated instead of sympathetic. It also does not help that ZZR is supposed to be a great beauty - I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that, but IMO she is seriously outclassed by literally every other woman in the show. Such a poor showing from ZZR is exacerbated because Kathy Chow is in the same show and her 1994 version of ZZR is arguably the best ever.

Chen Yuqi's Zhao Min is the strongest of the 3 main leads. They went with the willing to die an honorable death angle similar to the 1994 version, and I really liked that they went with a very modern take in which ZM was willing to walk away in the end. It preserves the agency of her character, whereas in past adaptations she became more of a ZWJ sidekick at the end.
    Good points, AndyChrono. Just want to add in some comments:
    1. Supporting cast - they are the ones who make the series less depressing indeed. Besides those mentioned by you, I will like to add DMJ (the way she criticize zzr) and ZD (the way he enjoys making fun of YX and ZM). Actually, they should end up as a couple.

2. ZWJ - I think the casting of zwj is fine. At least he finishes the job of "ridding" the Mongols. At the same time, he is not so wishy-washy compared to other series. I think he also mention that zm is pretty.

3. ZZR - I think the problem could lie with the writer whom I heard is a supporter of ZZR. Hence, she was casted to be too kind-hearted at the beginning (e.g. taking over all the chores at emei; treating the injured rabbit; refusing to kill/injure the Ming soldiers at Guangming and taking at least 25 secs [I did count this when Miejue gave the order to stab] to stab zwj). So when she turn "bad", the reversal is not convincing. We need a confident and ambitious zzr. Among all the different ZZRs I watch in the series, perhaps GYY in 2003 is most convincing. If I remember correctly, she was quite expressionless when she stabbed zwj and noted that it was her teacher's order.
    4. And yes, Yukee stands out as zm. Her expressions are always very beautiful, ranging from sweet (e.g. walking with zwj under the moon), sad (a tear drop down naturally at the river), fierce (when she stared at xz in wudang), anger (when zwj wants to bring zzr away at the pagoda stage). If she has not cried so much in this series, she could have been the best zm. Zm afterall is noted to be somewhat cold person.

2. typo - "only" instead of "also".

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AndyChrono View Post

Fighting scenes were generally disappointing. There was an abusive overuse of slow motion which really ruined the pacing of virtually every fight in the series. The big conflicts at Brightness Peak, Wudang, and Shaolin were ruined by the aforementioned slow motion and some random interruptions for talking.

Thinking back now, the most memorable episodes for me were actually the early episodes with ZCS+YSS, the kids, JXF+YX, Butterfly gorge, etc. Once it got to second act where the main trio become the focus, the series starts to take a big turn downhill.
    I couldn't stand ZZR in this version... Too pretentious at beginning.

Anyways I don't know y some ppl think ZZR is not pretty in this version.

For me the prettiest girls from most to least in this 2019 adaptation: 1. YDL 2. ZZR 3. ZM 4. YBH 5. YSS

Quote Originally Posted by hirobo2 View Post
    I couldn't stand ZZR in this version... Too pretentious at beginning.

Anyways I don't know y some ppl think ZZR is not pretty in this version.

For me the prettiest girls from most to least in this 2019 adaptation: 1. YDL 2. ZZR 3. ZM 4. YBH 5. YSS
    Beauty is subjective so it will vary by person. Personally for me it was:

S-Tier: Ji Xiaofu, Yellow Dress Lady, Yang Buhui, Yin Susu
    A-Tier: Zhao Min, Yin Li, Xiao Zhao
    B-Tier: Zhou Zhiruo, Zhu Jiuzhen

It was kind of funny reading the Youtube comments on the episodes where Yang Buhui is taking care of Yin Liting. A whole bunch of people are saying he is so lucky to get prettier girls than the Big 4 LOL.

Actress acting as YBH is suitable to be zm.
    Actress acting as Yin Li is suitable for both zm and zzr.

For those who are interested, XZ's song with English subtitle.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Still trying to reconcile this cut scene.

On the way back from Snake Island, xx and zzr suddenly attacked the Mongol soldiers. Then, out from nowhere, arrows started flying towards zwj's direction. Actually, who shoot these arrows? Are there two groups of Mongol soldiers? One to save and one to kill?
    this scene?
    http://t.cn/E9mi7Xm?m=4375538510403770&u=7095322391

Quote Originally Posted by a_tumiwa View Post
    Not this scene, a_t. This scene is about zwj going to "steal" the medicine for his two "uncles".

The scene I am referring to is when zm went the Mongol soldiers to fetch zwj, zzr and xx back from Snake Island.

Anyway, there is something which I will like to clarify: Are zm's "sailors" soldiers in disguise? If so, shouldn't they send a high flare up for help when the Persians attack them? They are not killed immediately.

Hi a_t, something which need your help. What is the news about "xz" from kaypang gallery. Thanking in advance.

I copied and pasted here:

KaGe, 28 Mei 2019

Enam Bulan yang Berat untuk Kabby Hui
    --Heaven Sword and Dragon Sabre 2019 TV Series—

Nihao KaGe’Ers….
    Sobat-sobat Kaypang Gallery semuanya, Kabby Hui yang berperan sebagai Xiaozhao dalam versi 2019 ini merupakan satu dari sedikit aktris Hongkong selain Kathy Chow, yang ikut ambil bagian dalam adaptasi serial Heaven Sword and Dragon Sabre 2019.
    Versi ini lebih didominasi oleh para pesohor dari Mainland-Tiongkok, baik untuk peran utama atau peran pendukung lainnya.
    Serial ini merupakan drama klasik pertama dari aktris berusia 24 tahun tersebut.
    Terpilih sebagai pemeran Xiaozhao, aktris kelahiran Hongkong 24 September 1994 tersebut mengaku sangat senang dan antusias.
    Kabby mengaku langsung mencari literature tentang peran yang akan dibawakannya tersebut dengan menonton adaptasi sebelumnya dan membaca novel aslinya.
    Menurut Kabby Hui, karakter Xiaozhao sangatlah unik dan menarik serta berbeda dengan karakter lainnya di kisah ini. Xiaozhao juga diakui sangat berbeda dengan sifat asli Kabby.
    Aktris bertinggi 163 cm ini mengaku sangat senang dengan karakter ini.
    Namun, untuk berperan sebagai Xiaozhao, Kabby Hui harus meninggalkan rumah nyamannya di Hongkong dan meninggalkan orang-orang yang dikasihinya untuk melakukan proses syuting di Mainland.
    Selama enam bulan proses syuting di Mainland, Kabby Hui harus memendam rasa rindu yang menghinggapinya pada kampung halaman, kerabat yang dicintai dan juga rasa kangennya dengan makanan Hongkong.
    Pengalaman selama masa syuting yang harus mengenakan kostum klasik sangat dirasakan oleh aktris cantik ini.
    Meski sudah mengenakan pakaian berlapis, namun kostum klasik yang dikenakan tidak dapat melindungi badan anda dari hawa dingin, begitu pula sebaliknya, pada keadaan panas menyengat kostum berlapis-lapis yang anda kenakan sangatlah terasa panas. Demikian kata Kabby Hui pada para pewarta.
    Selain itu Kabby Hui juga merasa sangat senang karena serial ini akhirnya dapat ditayangkan juga di Hongkong pada medio 15 April 2019 yang lalu.
    Saat ditanya scene/adegan favoritnya saat berperan sebagai Xiaozhao, Kabby Hui menyebutkan dirinya sangat senang dengan adegan saat pertempuran di Guangmingding (Puncak Terang) dan adegan terakhir Xiaozhao dengan Zhang Wuji yang merupakan penampilan terakhirnya di serial ini.
    Adegan perpisahan tersebut sangat berkesan buat Kabby Hui karena menguras emosinya.
    Kesuksesan dan pengalaman selama di Mainland tampaknya akan membuat Kabby Hui serius menatap Tiongkok sebagai fokus karirnya di masa mendatang.
    Kabby memutuskan untuk serius berkarir di Mainland sebagai aktris dan juga sebagai penyanyi.
    Okayy KaGe’Ers….
    Semoga sukses selalu untuk Kabby Hui dengan karirnya.
    Gongxi Gongxi….

Not this scene, a_t. This scene is about zwj going to "steal" the medicine for his two "uncles".

The scene I am referring to is when zm went the Mongol soldiers to fetch zwj, zzr and xx back from Snake Island.

Anyway, there is something which I will like to clarify: Are zm's "sailors" soldiers in disguise? If so, shouldn't they send a high flare up for help when the Persians attack them? They are not killed immediately.
    yes, the sailors are mongols in disguise, half of them know martial arts.
    which attack? i believe when they escaped from snake island, the persian ships were pursuing them, and shot a cannon to their ship and sank, then all the sailors were killed or being captured. Wuji n the women escaped via small boat.

Quote Originally Posted by a_tumiwa View Post
    yes, the sailors are mongols in disguise, half of them know martial arts.
    which attack? i believe when they escaped from snake island, the persian ships were pursuing them, and shot a cannon to their ship and sank, then all the sailors were killed or being captured. Wuji n the women escaped via small boat.
    Maybe, you are right, a_t. No time to react during the attack. And maybe since it is a "fishing" ship, there may not have military equipment.

Here's the English version about Kabby Hui - https://www.jaynestars.com/news/hk-a...slaying-sabre/

Heavenly Sword and Dragon Slaying Sabre, the latest Chinese television adaptation of Jin Yong’s (金庸) The Heaven Sword and Dragon Sabre <倚天屠龍記>, premiered in Hong Kong and Macau on April 15th. A Chinese adaptation, a majority of the cast members are actors from the mainland, with the exception of a few—including rookie actress Kabby Hui (許雅婷) from Hong Kong.

“It was my very first mainland drama,” said Kabby, who debuted as a member of the HK girl group Girls’ Sample (少女標本) back in 2015. “I’m happy to know that it’s finally showing in Hong Kong.”

Prior to getting cast for the role of Xiao Zhao (Siu Chiu) on the show, Kabby did a lot of her own research, such as watching prior Heavenly Sword film and TV adaptations, and also reading the original source material. “I was very happy when I got cast in the role of Xiao Zhao. I really like this character. She’s also very different from myself.”

It was a big challenge for Kabby to leave the comfort of her home to film the show across the country. “I’d miss my family. I’d miss the food in Hong Kong. I’d miss my friends. I spent six months filming this show. In costume dramas, you do wear a lot of layers, but it won’t keep your warm in the winter. And in the summer, it won’t keep you cool either.”

On her favorite scenes of the show, Kabby named the War of Guang Ming Ding and her final scene with Zhang Wuji, which was also the last scene she shot for the show.

In the future, Kabby will continue to focus her acting career in Mainland China, and is open to pursuing more music.

Yes, at Guang Ming Ding, if XZ has taken the stab for zwj, wow.
    And I agree that the final scene is very well covered in this series.

In the Indon version, there is Kathy Chow. What is it about?

wow you reply so fast , i just translated it

In the Indon version, there is Kathy Chow. What is it about?
    only her and kathy chow are from hong kong, the rest is from mainland

Anyone can remember this scene (picture on the right)? How and when zwj is injured?
    [IMG]$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i65.tinypic.com/9azriv.jpg')[/IMG]

Anyone can remember this scene (picture on the right)? How and when zwj is injured?
    [IMG]$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i65.tinypic.com/9azriv.jpg')[/IMG]
    He was injured by ZZR
    Episode 44 or 45 when he fought with sqs and zzr during protecting zm