Page 54 of 114 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364104 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 2269

Thread: The Heaven Sword and Dragon Saber 2018

MV that summarizes the romantic angst-

https://youtu.be/AzewLb5F0xc

Edit: I rewatched the trailers and right at the end of Ep 36 trailer, if I didn't know better I'd say ZWJ was getting, impatient. Hahaha... that's _exactly_ how I feel, but I don't want YOU to feel that way! You two are STILL my OTP come hell and high melodrama!
    Last edited by yanfeng; 03-23-19 at 05:59 AM.

Wow... I like the addition at the end of the hotpot conversation.

This hotpot is a major turn for their relationship, as they start to understand and respect each other. For ZM, she starts to realise ZWJ has this larger-than-life attitude towards revenge and quarrels that she never sees in people before, given her family's involvement in politics. For ZWJ, he starts to appreciate her rationale behind all her acts, which is her desperate attempts to reduce corruption and make people's lives better, given how limited she can do as a female.

I haven't really thought of it before, but actually these two are both thrushed into positions of responsibility at an early age and both choose to take it on, although they both don't want to shoulder that burden. Their shared similarity makes them connect at a deeper level than just puppy love.

ZWJ's talk about forgiving will resonate again later when ZM's father was killed. Maybe that's how she decides to let go.

Side note: HSDS weibo posted, "Whenever you need to make peace or woo someone, always choose a hotpot. If things cannot be solved, go for a second hotpot" (something along that line). Everyone is making memes about hotpot now, just like the memes about the hairpin earlier.

Add to your question list wkeej

1. Who knows CK is still alive at the moment? Even FY thinks that he is dead.

2. What was ZM's original plan when she asked ZWJ to bring her to see XX? The request was before she knew of the turn of the event at Wan An temple so she must be planning to do something with Tu Long Dao.
    Last edited by piyemingo; 03-23-19 at 06:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by piyemingo View Post
    Add to your question list wkeej

1. Who knows CK is still alive at the moment? Even FY thinks that he is dead.

2. What was ZM's original plan when she asked ZWJ to bring her to see XX? The request was before she knew of the turn of the event at Wan An temple so she must be planning to do something with Tu Long Dao.
    2. I thought as what she said, "she is curious". Possibly to add, wanted to have a chance to be with zwj.

@ piyemingo, i'm just a little behind you in watching and I just got to the hotpot scene and you're totally right, this scene might be my favorite change that this version made!

click to show/hide spoilers
    This gives ZM a motivation for her work and really builds up their relationship as being based on a common goal in terms of the good of the people... even though they have opposite solutions (i.e., one is to strengthen the Mongolian empire and the other is to topple it!)

They're really friends!! (Happy dance!)

And yes I wkeej I also got to the point where WJ talks about wanting to be a physician and ZM about wanting to travel!

Hahaha... and ZM being ZM
    click to show/hide spoilers
    she sneaks in a proposal in there.. of sorts! At least she invites him to come travel with her everywhere. Sneaky!

On ZM's motivation to ask for Tulongdao, she said 2 things in the hotpot scene 1) she wants to see what's so special that everyone's fighting over it, 2) she would like to meet Xie xun and other heros that ZWJ speaks so well of.

Is there a place to get the official trailers?
    In one ep 35 trailer, I saw XX said he will protect zwj. But no Yin-li here.
    Then in one ep 36 trailer, it shows XX acknowledging zwj. Yin-li is lying on a stone bed. But no XZ.
    So ep 36 trailer should come earlier than ep 35 trailer.

Are there some rumours China is cancelling traditional wuxia series?

Oh yes, and they really are piling on the romantic hints.

As ZWJ watches ZM torment the 6-sects, his gaze moves to what I initially thought was the Yitian sword, but turns out to be her foot and he has a flashback to the underground trap.

Hahaha... this gutter-minded fan is lovin' it! MORE UST PLEASE!

Less martial art fantasy and more romance ad political debates. I'm guessing both the hero and heroine is conflicted at the end and will escape together. I don't know if the slaying throne is a promo or part of the ending where he could be emperor. Obviously, both zm and zwj will lose love ones in the war and being emperor is too much of a heavy duty. Even nowadays, people joke and get salty and frustrated about president as well as news propaganda that target and put them in a negative light like celebrities. Back them Zhu, the first emperor of ming was super insecure and kill both his allies and enemies without second thought. This is going the path of a depressing romance story compares to 2017 loch hero journey and teenage love story. Both is pro han and all about winning the war and both kind of ended on retirement. I wonder if zwj and ming cult suffer from a terrible faith if there's an epilogue. Unlike Roch duo, zwj is obligated to help despite his indecisiveness. Did he failed to murder zhu with dragon saber or they work out something bts.

I enjoyed the zzr's childhood and mejie bits, but please don't make the rest of the series like e36 preview. It's like the old Taiwanese 60+ episodes series where the romantic tears matter more than any other theme of the series.

This is dumb.

Period drama banned from March to June.

https://www.jaynestars.com/news/more...neStars.com%29

I heard they want to "show power" because the previous ban on gong dou (those inside palace scheming and infighting) dramas were not strictly adhered.

Oh gosh... HSDS almost fell into the basket here. Remember how their broadcast date were pushed back by a few weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by piyemingo View Post
    Oh gosh... HSDS almost fell into the basket here. Remember how their broadcast date were pushed back by a few weeks?
    Another angle, less competition for HSDS for the time being?

This Wang Baobao sure is decisive and cold-hearted. ZM likes to tease people and cut their fingers off, but he is willing to kill everyone to leave no risk behind. Lol.

Two things to watch out in the coming episodes (event at the No-name island).
    1. Did ZZR carry her sword when she is captured by GFPP? Because there is a scene whereby she pointed her sword at zm.
    2. How did she have the "drug" to drug the others? If it is from zm, how does she know that zm has the drug?

Gah! Period drama drought upcoming?! That's too bad, there were a few I was looking forward to!

BTW, Wang Baobao features in some list of the best actors of HSDS 2019 (I think that list starts with 1) Eagle King, 2) Wang Baobao, 3)Song Yuan Qiao.... 7) ZWH, 8) SQS,... and so on.) Interesting since I do like Eagle King (he was awesome at GMD and when he came to see child Wuji) and Wang Baobao only has a few lines and yet I was struck by his confidence and ruthlessness. A great complement for us to see the standards that ZM can be held to in her childhood!

I was upset that Yangxiao didn't appear on that list and I though ZWJ deserved better than 7. Probably for me
    1) YX
    2) Eagle King
    3) ZWJ
    4) Zhou Dian (notice it's ALL Ming sect so far!)
    5) YinLi
    6) Wang Baobao
    7) FY
    8) MJ
    9) ZZR/ZM/XZ

Who am I missing?
    Last edited by yanfeng; 03-24-19 at 09:29 AM.

My list:
    1. Zhou Dian
    2. Ding Mingjun
    3. Xuanming Elders
    4. Yin li
    5. Wei Yixiao
    6. MJ
    7. Eagle King
    8. FY
    9. XZ
    10. The Emei girl who carry MJ's heaven sword. What's her name?

Yes to Ding Ming Jun! I might put her between ZhouDian and Yinli.

You don't think Lin Shen is doing a great job as YX?

Quote Originally Posted by yanfeng View Post
    Yes to Ding Ming Jun! I might put her between ZhouDian and Yinli.

You don't think Lin Shen is doing a great job as YX?
    No. He is always winking. Looks like up to no good.

Hey all, for those of you who can see this (even if you can't read chinese), here's a fun tieba thread titled "These three guys make me smile every day") referring of course to YX, ZhouDian and WYX (bat king).

It's mostly hilarious shots and comments about them coming up with funny ideas first about BH and ZWJ (and they go so far as to start calling YX Father-in-law-to-the-Jiaozhu, which makes YX smile smugly! Hilarious) and then about ZM and ZWJ... and some fan pointed out that in the 2001 version ZhouDian is also a genius (he suggests to ZWJ "Why can't you have both?!")

https://tieba.baidu.com/p/6078108081

To tide you over the long, agonizing Saturday to Wednesday wait! (2 more days!!)