Page 62 of 114 FirstFirst ... 12525354555657585960616263646566676869707172112 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 2269

Thread: The Heaven Sword and Dragon Saber 2018

I think the actor is suitable since he's suppose to be a bit introvert and feminine in appearance because of they say he looks like her mom, right? Genetic i feel the guys tend to look like their moms. Living in island and traveling alone for far too long without contacts with friends and families, everything is too much for zwj to handle. It's like he hit the jackpot after suffering so long. Revere karma? Martial art, power, respect, and women. Lets talk about the girls. YL had a crush that ended adruptly and tends to fancy him one sided with unhealthy amount of obsession unknown that he's her cousin. I guess living too long as a maid to grannie is hard. 00 version supported this when she didnt have the same feeling for zwj, but execution isn't done very well. She's just lonely and wanted someone around her age as companion. In psychological stand point, I've known people still have feelings for "exes" but not necessarily love them, but becayse their relationship ended without closure or receive any 1up the other. ZM is the exotic and open girl that zwj can't "resist" since her extrovert personality compensate zwj pretty well. She also sacrifice a lot for him including family, death, and her whole race/kingdom. Meanwhile, XZ is like the extra little innocent sister that's always there that he takes for granted until she's time to be gone, then he realize his mistake. He under appreciate her and regretted it, but it's not love. She love him, but he didnt. He oweher her future since shell worst than a widow because shell a lonely virgin surround by religious people that "worship" her in a holy goddess i suppose. She volunteer to do a lot of small things for him like a puppy and it adds up too. Zzr and zm are the conflicted two that he truly did love in my opinion in this series. Zzr lost her dad because of him, give him motivation to live, and he still remembers her all these years romantically even after she stabbed him. This adaption undermine Z9Z, the wolves's owner since zwj never fancies her in order to make sure audience know he only love zzr back then as a teen. However, his heart change after flirting with zm, but he is obligated to marry zzr because of his godfather.

Quote Originally Posted by TiffTiff View Post
    I forgot to mention, previous versions had ZWJ handed the hairpin back to ZM's hand forcefully. This version was just weird, ZM looked upset as she pulled the pin out of her hair too.
    The actor for ZWJ is doing an excellent job, I wish his hair is down, instead of the childish bun like the 2009 one.
    I recently watched a bit of the 2003 version of HSDS on YouTube. In this version, ZWJ actually stuck the hairpin in ZM's hair also, but not in such a "playful" manner like in the 2019 version:

https://youtu.be/85nSiiy9IGQ

at around the 4:25 mark of the video.

Quote Originally Posted by aniking_8 View Post
    I enjoyed the zzr's childhood and mejie bits, but please don't make the rest of the series like e36 preview. It's like the old Taiwanese 60+ episodes series where the romantic tears matter more than any other theme of the series.
    You know, I actually like the melodrama interpretation to this series. If you look at a lot of the really popular series these days like Ten Mile of Peach Blossoms, the series are completely saturated in melodrama, and evidently fans are soaking it up. As long as the writers add character depth and background and keep the series moving, I'm completely fine with it. The old Taiwanese series were unwatchable because they added endless flashbacks in addition to the melodrama. The plot simply did not move. I remember there was an old ROCH Taiwanese series that simply could not watch for that reason.

Having seen the latest previews, I'm really becoming concerned that they won't be able to finish this series well. There still seems to be so much plot to cover, but there are only around ten episodes left. I don't know if they give those scenes the time they deserve in this series.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Hope that you enjoy all the expressions by zm. Which is your favorite? To me, it is the last - the jealous look. Interestingly, zwj did not dare to look at her.

Three cheers for zm. Let's vote her to be the next loch hr. Physique-wise, she is suitable as HR is petite? If she ever act as hr, she will be the first actress playing these two roles. But, whether she can outshine Barbara or Li Yitong is another question.
    Somewhat off topic, but I still find it amazing that Idy Chan played so many of the main characters in these Jin Yong series.

Demi-Gods Semi-Devils (1982) - Wang Yuyan
    Legend of the Condor Heroes (1988) - Huang Rong
    Return of the Condor Heroes (1983) - Xiao Long Nu
    Heaven Sword Dragon Saber (1978) - Xiao Zhang

My medical instinct is screaming: no way she can survive that! Its a freaking wide blade, how can you not hit anything important? And this was the time before antibiotics. But anyway, thats wuxia for you 😅

XZ and ZM are kinda like friendly enemies now. ZM saves XZ, XZ in turn takes care of ZM, ZM still tries to think of a way to save JHPP when XZ is begging.Their improving attitudes toward each other is heartwarming. These 2 got my respect for being rational towards ppl who treat you well and not give in to jealousy (cough Zzr).

A little ambiguous about how they build xx here. He is clearly anti-Mongol, but my impression has always been he is tolerant of racial difference when it comes to individuals. Wish they had him play out that with more nuances: likes ZM as a person (who remind him of YSS) but still be realistic abt ZM and ZWJ political involvements. Now he just irrationally decides to dislike ZM bc she is Mongol (huh?)

Quote Originally Posted by piyemingo View Post
    My medical instinct is screaming: no way she can survive that! Its a freaking wide blade, how can you not hit anything important? And this was the time before antibiotics. But anyway, thats wuxia for you 😅

XZ and ZM are kinda like friendly enemies now. ZM saves XZ, XZ in turn takes care of ZM, ZM still tries to think of a way to save JHPP when XZ is begging.Their improving attitudes toward each other is heartwarming. These 2 got my respect for being rational towards ppl who treat you well and not give in to jealousy (cough Zzr).

A little ambiguous about how they build xx here. He is clearly anti-Mongol, but my impression has always been he is tolerant of racial difference when it comes to individuals. Wish they had him play out that with more nuances: likes ZM as a person (who remind him of YSS) but still be realistic abt ZM and ZWJ political involvements. Now he just irrationally decides to dislike ZM bc she is Mongol (huh?)
    ZM appears to be at least injured. But Messenger Moon appears to be totally fine.

This series is good in explaining:
    1. How Beggar Union came to Snake Island
    2. Why GFPP still need the Dragon Sabre though Meijue is already dead.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    ZM appears to be at least injured. But Messenger Moon appears to be totally fine.
    That's Western vs Traditional medicine for you.

Just kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by wuxiafan123 View Post
    Somewhat off topic, but I still find it amazing that Idy Chan played so many of the main characters in these Jin Yong series.

Demi-Gods Semi-Devils (1982) - Wang Yuyan
    Legend of the Condor Heroes (1988) - Huang Rong
    Return of the Condor Heroes (1983) - Xiao Long Nu
    Heaven Sword Dragon Saber (1978) - Xiao Zhang
    Can I play along?

Felix Wong:
    LOCH '82 - Guo Jing
    DGSD '82 - Xu Zhu
    DGSD '97 - Xiao/Qiao Feng

Zong Fengyan:
    Swordsman '12 - Qu Yang
    DGSD '13 - Murong Fu
    ROCH '14 - Ouyang Feng
    LOCH '17 - Wangyan Honglie
    HSDS '19 - Fan Yao

Hopefully, the next two episodes will provide some clues to these questions:
    1. When did zzr conceive the plan to steal HS and DS?
    2. Where did she obtain the "poison"?

Yes, I did heard from Ken that they did a different ending for the 78 series. Anyone has a link to this?
    Also, I ever saw a youtube 78 song with Michelle Yim (instead of Liza Wang) and Adam Cheng. But not able to find it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by wuxiafan123 View Post
    Having seen the latest previews, I'm really becoming concerned that they won't be able to finish this series well. There still seems to be so much plot to cover, but there are only around ten episodes left. I don't know if they give those scenes the time they deserve in this series.
    My worry too. VN fans are alarmed after trailer 39-40 is out. They are worried that it's gonna become the 1994 version, which imo is the worse HSDS in terms of plotline and tone.

The ZM ZWJ love story is only meaningful if it conveys the message of love/family transcending conflicts and war. Looking at the way the writers simplify XX world view, im afraid they're gonna do the same thing to WBB and RYW - make them less humane and doing underhanded tricks to capture ZWJ, without eventually giving in to their love for ZM and supporting the relationship (like the 2000 ver).

Basically making side characters act irrationally to amp up the angst. A writer trap very easy to fall into.

Lol wkeej u can see ZZR brainstorming the plan and ticking off her death list during the cave sequence:
    • XX is anti-ZM + future stepfather-in-law --> you are spared
    • XZ said she is just a handmaid and ZWJ confirmed he only sees her as a sister later --> ok you are lucky
    • YL said ZWJ promised to marry her --> tick
    • XX included the Wu girl in the 4 wife list --> tick
    • ZM openly challenged her and ZWJ on ZM side --> tick tick tick

XZ is the smartest girl of all Resign and switch company before all hell broke loose.

Now just have to watch closely to see when she most likely steal the poison from ZM (ZM always bring the poison with her as a self-defense). I doubt they will film this detail in particular, but its gonna be fun if we play detective for the meantime.

Ep 31 from Vicious- Zhaomin/Father/Brother conversation (22 min) and Zhaomin/Fanyao/ZWJ/XZ meeting where Fanyao says goodbye (35min) are also sub'ed!

Makes me appreciate how hurt ZM was over FY, she asked him if any of what he pretended over the past many years was real.

Wait. Have zwj agreed to marry yin-li?

When he was taken by Emei together with Yinli, he told her that he won't mind her ugly face, and he would take care of her for the rest of her life. Something along that line. After that Yinli said thank you but no thank, I only love ZWJ.

Thanks. The strange thing is that up to now, she still does not know that he is zwj.

Am I right to say that it is now all "heavy" stuff to the ending? No more fun and light moments.

Five songs in HSDS 2019:
    1. Daojian Rumeng (刀劍如夢; A life of fighting is but a dream) performed by Wakin Chau
    2. Liangliang Xiangwang (倆倆相忘; Forgetting Each Other) performed by Winnie Hsin
    3. Cǐshēng W้ini (此生惟你; This Life is only You) performed by Zhou Shen
    4. Cizhi Xin (赤子心; Pure Heart) performed by Li Qi3.
    5. Hewei Yongheng (何为永恒; What Is Eternity) performed by Hu Xia

1 = opening theme
    2 = "sang" by xz
    3 = have it been sung?
    4 = have it been sung?
    5 = ending theme.

Thanks for the song names! The 3rd one is really pretty- and it was used in the trailer at least for Ep 39, not sure if it's aired yet. (Fans have used it for MV's though.)