Page 102 of 114 FirstFirst ... 2529293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 2269

Thread: The Heaven Sword and Dragon Saber 2018

Quote Originally Posted by piyemingo View Post
    I think this CP resonates with lots of older ppl (20-30yo) because of all the experiences and levels of emotions they have been through. Honestly if you hve been thru at least half of these w your partner, that's already a sign of very strong relationship

• First meeting - skinship already
    • Heart to heart talk about their own difficulties in life, attitudes towards others, dreams
    • Sympathy towards each other heavy responsibilities
    • Flirting & jealousy
    • Life and death on an island (think about your last holiday where you guys almost died)
    • Being protested by parents
    • Realising they are on different sides of a conflict (think if two ppl working for competing companies) and trying to navigate all the rumours and sidetalks
    • seeing your loved one almost died because of you
    • sweet honeymoon
    • really believing your loved one died because of you
    • irresolvable conflict with families on both sides
    • 1 year of not able to see each other

For a normal couple, it takes extraordinary circumstances to find yourself in the situations that ZWJ and ZM found themselves in, let alone remains faithful and committed to the relationship til the very end.
    Very well analysed!!
    I have the same thoughts that, since he has enough sincerity to look for her despite the tough road ahead and uncertainty, she will be touched and forgive him

At the very last part, not sure if you remember, she ask, why did you come so late, shows that she miss him very much, and she must be waiting for very very long time, probably years. At that moment, her feeling is "very relieved" to see WJ safe and sound, although her sentence sound like soft grumbling. The path towards looking for her in Mongol endlessly is not easy. It's not like he has an adddess as a guide. To be able to even show up in front of her, already prove his sincerity being a sufficient reason to get her forgiveness 

Address, not adddess
    Haha

Quote Originally Posted by laurenhuang View Post
    At the very last part, not sure if you remember, she ask, why did you come so late, shows that she miss him very much, and she must be waiting for very very long time, probably years. At that moment, her feeling is "very relieved" to see WJ safe and sound, although her sentence sound like soft grumbling. The path towards looking for her in Mongol endlessly is not easy. It's not like he has an address as a guide. To be able to even show up in front of her, already prove his sincerity being a sufficient reason to get her forgiveness 
    When people say time heal the wounds. This is indeed fitting in this case. When u miss a person too much, all you want is to see him safe and sound

In normal couple relationships, its not easy to maintain long distance relationships, not to mention that its even tougher if you did not see each other for years. There are plenty of uncertainty. What If she does not forgive, what if she is married to someone else, what if she is not alive Anymore... So many what if, but it does not stop him from looking for her without definite address.... I would definitely forgive if its me. 

Actually both sides lost their families and loved ones. Come to think of it, based on their maturity level, they should know that they must cherish those that are still alive. They only have each other left now. This explain why minmin forgive him

I like this series but they major fights were disappointing.

Tvb 2000 version was more epic, it showcased all of wuji martial arts prowess with all the cgi etc.

This one the fights werent memorable.

Even swordsman 2013 and demi god 2013 had morw memorable fights.

Still enjoy this series overall.

Looking fowars to 2019 rotch and demi god. Hope they have better cgi and choregraphy

Quote Originally Posted by Mido-Ban View Post

Tvb 2000 version was more epic, it showcased all of wuji martial arts prowess with all the cgi etc.
    This one the fights werent memorable. It was the epic music too. Only e21 brightness peak show off some epicness. It's like loch17 focus on realistic. Tvb even removed the music with dubbed melo ones and cartoon dubbing, which is bad

Here you go, started a fanfic, hoping to hear from feedback and comments

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...er-2019-Sequel

Senior Member Mandred Skavenslayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mido-Ban View Post

This one the fights werent memorable.

Even swordsman 2013 and demi god 2013 had morw memorable fights.

Still enjoy this series overall.

Looking fowars to 2019 rotch and demi god. Hope they have better cgi and choregraphy
    To an extent I agree, the first few fight/actions scenes where they over used the slow-mo and close-ups were lacking. However, the later scenes were much better.
    Personally I found TVB 2000 a bit lacking, especially the fight at Wudang which was very lack-luster.

If we are talking about action alone I most enjoyed the 1994 Taiwan version.

Quote Originally Posted by Dongfang Xue View Post
    Here you go, started a fanfic, hoping to hear from feedback and comments

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...er-2019-Sequel
    The idea of keeping zm father alive is good, liked how yx showed up and saved the day. But zzr taking zwj away ? Look forward to the next chapters and welcome back!

@mido-ban, I actually thought the fight sequences were very pretty! I loved GMD (particularly Ying Wang's fights and also ZWJ with Ermei) and also some specific fights e.g., ZWJ and FY's "flying umbrella" fight; ZM's fight with the Persian emissaries etc.. They tended to be short, but I thought nicely done on the CGI (not too much) and show off the coolness of the key characters!

I also LOVE the OTP, and generally really like how they have modernized the story (e.g., a lot of ZM's choices were clearly independent from ZWJ) BUT I am still a little ambivalent about what they did to ZM's character to try to increase the angst.

I think a c-fan commented that in the last few episodes ZM was channeling Lin Daiyu (major female character in Dream of Red Chambers, famous for her tears) And if you rewatch the major scenes you'll find it's pretty true! Sigh, but all in all a great version with one of the best ZWJ, YX, ZD, Ying Wang and ZM portrayals of all the versions although in my heart, '86 is challenged (and outstripped in some ways) but still unbeaten.

@Dong Fangxue,
    Yay for more ZM-centric fanfic!

Mandred, are you going to continue your fanfic too? I have a soft spot for ZWJ/ZM/ZZR-meet-as-kids stories, they add more context to the adult interactions!

Senior Member Mandred Skavenslayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yanfeng View Post
    @Dong Fangxue,
    Yay for more ZM-centric fanfic!

Mandred, are you going to continue your fanfic too? I have a soft spot for ZWJ/ZM/ZZR-meet-as-kids stories, they add more context to the adult interactions!
    Maybe, been doing my own projects lately so have had little time to spare.

The series being over, I want to share some thoughts. It's MY opinion and it doesn't reflect the majority opinion.I read the novel longtime ago in a translated version (I'm not Chinese and don't read Chinese), when I was a kid, when there was no TV show on this matter. It's not my favorite JinYong's novel but it's one of the few I read; my favorite is Xiao Ao Jiang Hu, the best wuxia novel of all time. I don't remember every detail of the novel. Wuji and Zhaomin were my favorite characters.A couple of years ago, I had the opportunity to watch the 2009 TV version. It reminded me of many things I liked from the novel when I was a kid. The show in particular made me fall in love with XiaoZhao, maybe because of the actress portraying the character. Her name is He Zhuo Yan . She's beautiful, she's sweet and she's so talented. At that time, I secretly dreamed that XZ would marry WJ at the end. Of course, nothing like that happened because the show is very faithful to the novel.The 2019 version is the second time I watched the series based on the novel. To be honest, I think the version is not bad. It's a bit better than the 2009 version. The show's beginning is promising. But the end leaves something to be desired, kind of gives me a bitter taste of unfinished business.What I do like:The cast is good, in particular the main actresses are so pretty and so good. The wuxia fights are well orchestrated and choreographed. They are very faithful to the novel's spirit. I like the slomo in the actions though we all know it's special effectsThe storyline is well renewed and refreshed. Modifications from the original version are exciting.The character of Zhou Zhirou is well developed, much more than in the 2009 version.The 2019 version avoids several loopholes seen in the 2009'sMost of all, I love the character of Zhou Zhirou in this version. I have to say the credit should go to actress Zhu Xu Da. She's so beautiful and so brilliant. She portrays so perfectly the many facets of the character, a complex character. The transformation of Zhouzhirou is stunning. From a kind and innocent girl, a bit naive, the youngest disciple of the cruel mistress, Zhirou progressively transforms into a cruel Emei jiaozhu, perfect image of her deceased shifu. Her face becomes cruel with the 'evil' makeup but her beauty still remains. All we see is a wounded woman seeking revenge and she will do whatever she needs to wash away the affront she suffered. At the end, when Zhiruo redeems, she becomes again the nice girl with her innocent beauty. This is for me the best thing I found in this version. ZZR of 2009 didn't have this charm, beauty and ability.What I do not like:the ending that doesn't bring anything newXiexun's death,Qingshu treated like a heroZhaomin becoming a weak and faded character at the end of the series is not in the novel's spirit. Zhaomin is the strongest character of Jinyong's novel. She's always ahead of the actions. Here she undergoes the actions.Zhaomin's father assassination (nothing to see with the novel, doesn't bring any useful to the story)All the scenes and details related to Zhu Yuanzhang. We all know he will be the next Emperor of the Ming dynasty. In the novel, the character is kind of fictitious. ZYZ being member of Mingjiao is all fiction. I think it's not useful to highlight the character. Yitian Tulong ji is not a historical story. It's a fiction based on a historic background.
    Last edited by sonny4T; 04-20-19 at 04:48 AM. Reason: clearing the text

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Episodes/scenes which I like:
    Young zwj and zzr
    The six sect attack on Ming
    ZWJ and XZ first encounter and the song
    ZM's attack on Wudang
    ZM and ZWJ walking under the moon and their conversation
    The story of JHPP and her hubby
    The final departure of XZ
    The early appearance of Yin-li instead of the last episode
    This was asked and posted earlier. I am trying to add scenes which I like in the later episodes (possibly last ten?) and it seems that I only have these:
    The three fights (zwj alone, zwj, yx & fy and zwj & zzr) against the Du monks
    Yin-li becoming fine.

I am hesitant to put zwj & zm reunion as it is somewhat expected.

Do the others have scenes which you like in the later episodes?

One thing I like about this series is the songs. Here's the five songs:
    1. Daojian Rumeng (刀劍如夢; A life of fighting is but a dream) performed by Wakin Chau
    2. Liangliang Xiangwang (倆倆相忘; Forgetting Each Other) performed by Winnie Hsin
    3. Cǐshēng Wιini (此生惟你; This Life is only You) performed by Zhou Shen
    4. Cizhi Xin (赤子心; Pure Heart) performed by Li Qi
    5. Hewei Yongheng (何为永恒; What Is Eternity) performed by Hu Xia

My favorites are (2), (4) and (5). Somewhat, to me, (2) is associated with XZ; (3) zm and (5) zzr.

A nice MV. Some of the sad moments between zwj and zm. The last part - the person should have used zm's tomb-stone.

Thanks for the MV!

I remember now how much I like the scene when he threw away the box. His anguish over even just the box... I ascribe that to it being a symbol of not only him giving up on ZM but also of ZM's own plight (cast off at sea).

BTW in this version it seems like ZZR is smarter, instead of putting ZM on the boat, she cast off the boat and then tried drown ZM in the water instead. ZM is very lucky to be alive considering they are many days sailing away from mainland and any human habitation!

Was YX (besides zwj) the only person who does not know of the plan to kill zm's dad? Was the plan only to kill RYW? WBB and ZM included?