Page 101 of 114 FirstFirst ... 51919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 2269

Thread: The Heaven Sword and Dragon Saber 2018

Best HSDS for me.

Though a lot has been changed, the essence of the story remains. That's what truly matters to me. A lot is left to interpretation regarding some of the sub-plot, but all in all, I am satisfied with the result. The production value was well done. Great casting, from the main to the supporting. My fav take on ZWJ and ZM. Their on-screen chemistry was sweet.

I hope this production team does JY adaptation going forward. XAJH, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Dongfang Xue View Post
    The scene where ZWJ was yelling at ZYZ could have been done better. The Ming Cult peeps could have just waited till ZM point her sword at ZWJ forehead and secretly ambushed the couple....or maybe FY attempting to stab ZM with a knife to finish off the last Mongolian. Then ZWJ pushes ZM away and takes the stab for her, forcing the knife into his chest....

Just as the couple thought that they were done for a mysterious figure breaks into the manor killed FY with a single strike, driving five fingers into the top of his head. Afterward, unleashed a whip killing a few more Ming Cult people. And finally, pull the injured ZWJ and ZM out of the manor....
    Sound like an Interesting fanfic idea

Quote Originally Posted by wuxiarocks View Post
    Best HSDS for me.

Though a lot has been changed, the essence of the story remains. That's what truly matters to me. A lot is left to interpretation regarding some of the sub-plot, but all in all, I am satisfied with the result. The production value was well done. Great casting, from the main to the supporting. My fav take on ZWJ and ZM. Their on-screen chemistry was sweet.

I hope this production team does JY adaptation going forward. XAJH, please.
    Totally agree
    the changes were necessary to bring out the main idea that Jinyong wish to express subconsciously.
    This is what I feel.
    I feel that the production team understand the essence of the novel as well as the characters very well

The ending is so disappointing. I was expecting something better as I like the series since the beginning.
    Episodes 49 and 50 are unnecessary. They are long and so boring. They don't bring anything new as episode 48 and some modifications of the script have announced. The twist on ZhaoMin's death is not really one. It seemed so faked when we saw the image of her being killed. The series could've ended in episode 48 with the reveal of ZM's non-death and ZWJ going after her in Mongolia. Spending 2 last episodes for nothing is a waste of time. That's why I am fu..king disappointed.
    Kill Xiesun and the Mongolian lord is non necessary. There is no drama on these gratuitous actions. Is it just to make Zhaozhirou redeem? The idea seems so stupid.
    The only thing I do like in the finale is to find ZZR without her strong "evil" makeup and dressed in the white robe. She is again the ZZR I love in this version.

Quote Originally Posted by laurenhuang View Post
    the changes were necessary to bring out the main idea that Jinyong wish to express subconsciously.
    This is what I feel.
    How do you know what JingYong wished?

A very modern take on adapting a 60 years old jinYong novel. He wrote it when he was like 40 for his newspaper. I'm not sure if he was stan lee or have supplement ghost writing staffs. He made changes as time pass. Sod-spw is said to be based on real life power struggle in politic during his prime like how xmen is about racism in 60s. Actions wise was a dupe. Romance wise is a thumbs up bravos and kudos, but after all the dramas and sort of unnecessary and annoying, there should be an epilogue like what happen after a few years or expand the myth and lore more with what happen to zhu and ming. Chen and CX are shadows people here. No details of their rise. I'll take it it's been 3/4 years or maybe just 1-2 if its tv novel timeline that yuan escape and it's a internal battle between warlords like three kingdoms to see who unite china first. People always forget there's a lot of internal rebels other than foreign invasion like jin, liao, and Mongol to manchu. Coincidentally, they all become vassal to one before betraying the others to obtain china.

Quote Originally Posted by sonny4T View Post
    How do you know what JingYong wished?
    I am not sure if i am still able to find the source or Link. Hopefully i can.
    I remember in an interview article with Jinyong, and also when Jinyong analytics discussed about this Novel, I vividly remember there is this discussion about Jinyong, talking about Heavy Political contents that he consider while writing this Novel, And that the Conflicts between the characters in the form of Black and White , Good and Bad, Opposing end, being also existed in real life context. That was a casual chat i remember.

I read Jinyong Books when i was a Teenager. After finishing almost all his books, and when i grow older, I love reading his interviews, His novel critics by other authors, as well as Analytical articles done by his Fans. Because wanted to know all the behind the scenes ploys and thoughts of various characters. They were all very interesting to read and I learnt alot about Humanity and psychology from these analysis. Remember i saw this part. And when i watch this Drama, this incident immediately came to my mind. Although the story line is changed, the essence remained.

Quote Originally Posted by aniking_8 View Post
    A very modern take on adapting a 60 years old jinYong novel. He wrote it when he was like 40 for his newspaper. I'm not sure if he was stan lee or have supplement ghost writing staffs. He made changes as time pass. Sod-spw is said to be based on real life power struggle in politic during his prime like how xmen is about racism in 60s. Actions wise was a dupe. Romance wise is a thumbs up bravos and kudos, but after all the dramas and sort of unnecessary and annoying, there should be an epilogue like what happen after a few years or expand the myth and lore more with what happen to zhu and ming. Chen and CX are shadows people here. No details of their rise. I'll take it it's been 3/4 years or maybe just 1-2 if its tv novel timeline that yuan escape and it's a internal battle between warlords like three kingdoms to see who unite china first. People always forget there's a lot of internal rebels other than foreign invasion like jin, liao, and Mongol to manchu. Coincidentally, they all become vassal to one before betraying the others to obtain china.
    The reason why I love Jinyong Novels, is because they are so closely related to History.

I actually hoped ZM initially resistes ZWJ in the last scene, and only forgives him once he explains what he's done. That, or alternatively let her explain why she decides to forgive him. Maybe she heard abt him resigning from her brother WBB (give him a closure too for god's sake, he can become a Mongolian warlord and continue to be an opponent of ZYZ - true to history).

Otherwise, it is not really like ZM's character. She fiercely protects her family. That was the commonality that binds the two of them together. I mean, for ZWJ she can put aside her pride and status, but family should be her boundary that ZWJ should never cross. And even if he is innocent, by choosing to stay back when she for the last time asks him to come with her, shows that he values his brothers more than her (in ZM's eyes at least). ZWJ never got the chance to prove ZM that he did it purely for the sake of the common people.

I think Yin Li ending was nicely done. She deserves that.

I didnt spot the choice of word (I will "choose" the previous Wuji gege) until ZM said it out. That was sharp. Same for that time she correctly guessed that JHPP was the Holy Lady of Persia and that time she figured out why Ming sect refused to assasinate the emperor before ZWJ said it out. This girl not only can read people like a mirror but her logical thinking skill is impressive.

And Lauren u r right abt everyone gettig back to their original self. I didnt notice that - the chu xin theme was not tightly presented as a whole so very hard to comprehend it at first glance. But when you think back abt the choices of all characters, it does tie back to the theme of keepin your chuxin. Well done scripterwriter - at least your idea is good

Quote Originally Posted by sonny4T View Post
    The ending is so disappointing. I was expecting something better as I like the series since the beginning.
    Episodes 49 and 50 are unnecessary. They are long and so boring. They don't bring anything new as episode 48 and some modifications of the script have announced. The twist on ZhaoMin's death is not really one. It seemed so faked when we saw the image of her being killed. The series could've ended in episode 48 with the reveal of ZM's non-death and ZWJ going after her in Mongolia. Spending 2 last episodes for nothing is a waste of time. That's why I am fu..king disappointed.
    Kill Xiesun and the Mongolian lord is non necessary. There is no drama on these gratuitous actions. Is it just to make Zhaozhirou redeem? The idea seems so stupid.
    The only thing I do like in the finale is to find ZZR without her strong "evil" makeup and dressed in the white robe. She is again the ZZR I love in this version.
    I think the last 2 episodes are necessary but maybe shorter.
    1. It allows zwj to finish off his job of defeating the Mongols or else it will be back to square one as in many other series.
    2. Allowing zzr another motivation to redeem with xx's death may be good.
    3. Showing that Yin-li is fine may be good unlike other series she is senile and we do not want what is happening to her. At least, now we know that she is all right (though only zm know that) and can plan for herself just in case ZYZ really attack Ming Sect one day.
    4. Perhaps, the z3f part can be deleted.

Lol Zhang jiaozhu doesn't know how to gift girls. ZM gave him a gold box and a gold pin, he returns a wooden box and a wooden pin.
    To give him credit, the pattern on the box is exactly the same as the gold box. Either he has photographic memory, or he has been looking at the gold box for many times

Quote Originally Posted by piyemingo View Post
    Lol Zhang jiaozhu doesn't know how to gift girls. ZM gave him a gold box and a gold pin, he returns a wooden box and a wooden pin.
    To give him credit, the pattern on the box is exactly the same as the gold box. Either he has photographic memory, or he has been looking at the gold box for many times
    Piyemingo

I guess there is a meaning for that.
    She came from noble royalty. The gold box with gold pin she give him symbolise that. But that box is ruin. And i don't know where is that gold pin. In return he gave her a wooden box and wooden pin, this symbolise his simplicity nature as well as the simple life they both yearn to live

Quote Originally Posted by piyemingo View Post
    I think Yin Li ending was nicely done. She deserves that.

I didnt spot the choice of word (I will "choose" the previous Wuji gege) until ZM said it out. That was sharp. Same for that time she correctly guessed that JHPP was the Holy Lady of Persia and that time she figured out why Ming sect refused to assasinate the emperor before ZWJ said it out. This girl not only can read people like a mirror but her logical thinking skill is impressive.

And Lauren u r right abt everyone gettig back to their original self. I didnt notice that - the chu xin theme was not tightly presented as a whole so very hard to comprehend it at first glance. But when you think back abt the choices of all characters, it does tie back to the theme of keepin your chuxin. Well done scripterwriter - at least your idea is good
    I am truly impressed with her quick wits. She seem to be able to look at the big picture and strategize ahead.

I am truly impressed with her quick wits. She seem to be able to look at the big picture and strategize ahead.
    Hopefully in 2029 series (every ten years one HSDS adaptation), she can come out with a plan to save Xiaozhao and her mum from going back to Persia.

Bambi zhu, another Manchu like Kathy chow can play mejie in another 25 years like i said to peopel before. Honestly, all drama without closure like z3f, throne room speech post offscreen war battle, after Zm's father apparent death along with escape Mongol prince. I actually wanted zwj to save her father or go back beat zhu trio and see through ming cult scheme to voluntarily give up his power to fan Yao(he took over all of yang xiao roles in recent episodes) to leave with zm. The father can give them his idk acknowledgement and let him and zhu duke it out fairly. This would be a more happier ending along with some nice speech and parallel talk with zwj and zm on the way to Mongol like will yuan prevail in changing or ming will win and then will they bing peace actually. It would be nice if post epilogue we see them observing wulin or normal folks as they travel. Peace still haven't arise with chen vs zhu. I know zwj can't avenge Zm's father because of zhu's history, but the betrayal and brother escape comes out of nowhere like reference to han battle where liu bang betrays honyu. Zhu here is like liubei of three kingdom all about people. He's the weakest leader, but got the most army backing to stand in throne room yet the first to feel fear to bend his knees. Again , if zwj help save Zm's dad and then leave without her bro misjudged him would be great. It would be a life time scar for zm knowing his dad didnt die with honor and her bro on way to kill them of he survives.

It would be duke weixiaobao with yuzheng turning zwj to flirty boy like yang guo 15. I don't think it'll be another ten years. The next one probably will get tv airing if yuzheng adapts it. He maybe flamboyant questionable guy that escape copyrights , but he knows how to market.

Piyemingo

I guess there is a meaning for that.
    She came from noble royalty. The gold box with gold pin she give him symbolise that. But that box is ruin. And i don't know where is that gold pin. In return he gave her a wooden box and wooden pin, this symbolise his simplicity nature as well as the simple life they both yearn to live

Yeah! Good point

Someone answers my own question yesterday. He said that at the coffin scene, ZM decided to give up because she knows ZWJ too well - that he will never let go of his responsibility. Even if he promises to find her, there is no guarantee that he will be alive after the war. After her father's death, she doesnt want to repeat the pain of seein either her brother or ZWJ getting killed on battle. So she chooses to let go of everything and prepares mentally for the worst.

The road from Capital to Mongol is around 1,200km. It must be at least a year before ZWJ finds ZM, with 6 months on the road. He didnt even know where she is. And he is not even sure if she is going to forgive him. But he still goes anyway. his very act of standing there in front of her, is enough for ZM to forgive him.

I think this CP resonates with lots of older ppl (20-30yo) because of all the experiences and levels of emotions they have been through. Honestly if you hve been thru at least half of these w your partner, that's already a sign of very strong relationship

• First meeting - skinship already
    • Heart to heart talk about their own difficulties in life, attitudes towards others, dreams
    • Sympathy towards each other heavy responsibilities
    • Flirting & jealousy
    • Life and death on an island (think about your last holiday where you guys almost died)
    • Being protested by parents
    • Realising they are on different sides of a conflict (think if two ppl working for competing companies) and trying to navigate all the rumours and sidetalks
    • seeing your loved one almost died because of you
    • sweet honeymoon
    • really believing your loved one died because of you
    • irresolvable conflict with families on both sides
    • 1 year of not able to see each other

For a normal couple, it takes extraordinary circumstances to find yourself in the situations that ZWJ and ZM found themselves in, let alone remains faithful and committed to the relationship til the very end.