Page 113 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1363103104105106107108109110111112113
Results 2,241 to 2,258 of 2258

Thread: The Heaven Sword and Dragon Saber 2018

  1. #2241
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,956

    Default

    A re-visit of XZ's departure over the years.
    https://www.bilibili.com/video/av519...88.videocard.1

  2. #2242
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    207

    Default

    Wkeej

    I finished my chapter on xiao zhao but didn't have time to translate yet

  3. #2243
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,956

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by laurenhuang View Post
    Wkeej

    I finished my chapter on xiao zhao but didn't have time to translate yet
    Hi laurenhuang, nice to hear from you - take your time.

  4. #2244
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    207

    Default

    Wkeej

    https://archiveofourown.org/works/18...pters/46960108

    This is the link to the Chinese version

  5. #2245
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,956

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by laurenhuang View Post
    Wkeej

    https://archiveofourown.org/works/18...pters/46960108

    This is the link to the Chinese version
    Thanks. My Chinese is weak. Let me know once you have the English translation.

  6. #2246
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    3. cried (only time when I cried for a show in whole life) when zm forced to jump from the cliff with the hot pursuit from Ming Sect to "kill" her. Thanks goodness, the ending was changed (in view of protests) with zm safe as can be seen in the end of video.
    What did TVB do? Was the ending changed on subsequent broadcasts, after the initial one?

  7. #2247
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,956

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by texture View Post
    What did TVB do? Was the ending changed on subsequent broadcasts, after the initial one?
    Yes, I was what I saw in the 1978 series when I was a kid - the series ended with zm jumping off the cliff. So I think everyone presumed that she died.
    But according to a few forumers here (e.g. Ken), TVB lengthened the ending to show that zm did not die. Indeed, it is true as there is a video to show zwj meeting zm at an "inn" at the end. Possibly the same inn where they first met for drinks.

  8. #2248
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,956

    Default

    Anyone remember this scene? at 3.11 - why zwj is crying? Is it because he just visited the graves of his parents at Wudang?


  9. #2249
    Senior Member Ian Liew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    2,755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Yes, I was what I saw in the 1978 series when I was a kid - the series ended with zm jumping off the cliff. So I think everyone presumed that she died.
    But according to a few forumers here (e.g. Ken), TVB lengthened the ending to show that zm did not die. Indeed, it is true as there is a video to show zwj meeting zm at an "inn" at the end. Possibly the same inn where they first met for drinks.
    You mean this ending?

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgKZVATxfeA

  10. #2250
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,956

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew View Post
    So, this is the amended ending. Thanks, Ian.

  11. #2251
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,956

    Default

    To think about it, this amended ending in 1978 seems strange/fairytale like. Why not have one whereby zwj meet zm at the usual inn.

  12. #2252
    Senior Member Ian Liew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    2,755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    To think about it, this amended ending in 1978 seems strange/fairytale like. Why not have one whereby zwj meet zm at the usual inn.
    Maybe there was another ending somewhere. This wasn't an official TVB ending for the serial, it was done by the K-100 show, and while they obviously got Adam and Lisa to reprise their parts for the sketch, everything else was setup separately from the serial. Hence the fairy maiden who nobody saw before (when the official TVB studio could have gotten the Yellow-Dress maiden or someone familiar to do it), the laughable cartoon effects, and the outworldly plot.

  13. #2253
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,956

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew View Post
    Maybe there was another ending somewhere. This wasn't an official TVB ending for the serial, it was done by the K-100 show, and while they obviously got Adam and Lisa to reprise their parts for the sketch, everything else was setup separately from the serial. Hence the fairy maiden who nobody saw before (when the official TVB studio could have gotten the Yellow-Dress maiden or someone familiar to do it), the laughable cartoon effects, and the outworldly plot.
    OT: Because this thread is supposedly 2019. :-)
    First, I wonder who actually watch the alternative ending. Ken can be one.
    I have posted this video earlier. This could be the alternative ending whereby zwj pulled zm up.

  14. #2254
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,956

    Default

    Always wanted to ask this question:
    Kabby Hui is actually quite a slim person. The producer may have piled up the clothings to make her "chubby". Indeed, I remember XZ in the 2003 and 2009 series is quite chubby too, Is it stated in the novel that XZ is "chubby"?

  15. #2255
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    702

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Always wanted to ask this question:
    Kabby Hui is actually quite a slim person. The producer may have piled up the clothings to make her "chubby". Indeed, I remember XZ in the 2003 and 2009 series is quite chubby too, Is it stated in the novel that XZ is "chubby"?
    nope, what i remember she is young, pointed nose, blue eyes on the edge

  16. #2256
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,956

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by a_tumiwa View Post
    nope, what i remember she is young, pointed nose, blue eyes on the edge
    Thanks. In that case, 2009 XZ will be the closest.
    I think the prettiest XZ is either Jet Li's movie or 2019 XZ.

    Going through the departure of the various XZs, possibly 1986 and 2019 versions will have a chance for a further meeting between ZWJ and XZ. In the 1986 version, ZWJ noted that "till we meet again" while in the 2019 version, ZM told zwj that they can visit XZ in Persia.

  17. #2257
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,956

    Default

    Which series depict ZZR as genuinely loving ZWJ and not as competing against ZM?

  18. #2258
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,956

    Default

    I wonder anyone find this scene contradicting in 2019 series. After zwj saved jhpp, the latter noted that she and her daughter will be "slaves" to zwj. On the way back, jhpp was angry when xz noted that she is willing to remain as a servant to zwj. Isn't both the same?

Similar Threads

  1. Heaven Sword and Dragon Saber-2008
    By bruzlee in forum Mainland China TV Series
    Replies: 1727
    Last Post: 05-13-19, 08:50 AM
  2. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 08-14-14, 04:49 PM
  3. Why Dragon Saber and Heavenly Sword?
    By Billsy in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 08-16-10, 01:23 PM
  4. Heavenly Sword and Dragon Saber 2003 - Y Thien Do Long Ky 2003.
    By ayara in forum Mainland China TV Series
    Replies: 402
    Last Post: 08-07-08, 02:48 PM
  5. Heaven Sword, Dragon Saber
    By rati4u in forum Wuxia Translations
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-21-06, 06:06 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •