Page 49 of 114 FirstFirst ... 39404142434445464748495051525354555657585999 ... LastLast

Thread: The Heaven Sword and Dragon Saber 2018

Quote Originally Posted by piyemingo View Post
    Oh man... How I wish I knew how to read Chinese. Chinese fans sure are creative - just see how many ZZR/ZW fanvids already up on Youtube.
    Seriously, if you re-interpret all the things ZM asks ZWJ about whether he is ZZR's boyfriend not so much as her being jealous of ZZR but actually jealous of him (because she wants ZZR for herself) then everything still works about those scenes! Brilliant opportunity for fan-videos!

I'll try to share when I find particularly cool clips and short write ups!

Looking at some youtube news (unless it is fake, which is possible) I think a few extra things will happen:
    1. zm's dad is killed. (not sure by who)
    2. zm is sentenced to death/asked to commit suicide (like Japan samurai)
    3. zwj did ask xz not to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by yanfeng View Post
    Seriously, if you re-interpret all the things ZM asks ZWJ about whether he is ZZR's boyfriend not so much as her being jealous of ZZR but actually jealous of him (because she wants ZZR for herself) then everything still works about those scenes! Brilliant opportunity for fan-videos!
    Yes, I think in the 1978 series, zm was dressed as a male and "he" insisted that zzr is his.
    Actually, the same right in the trailer. ZM also said that zwj cannot take away zzr because she is hers.

1986 vs 2019

a_t will be able to understand.
    2019 xz (modern) looks very pretty and sweet.

https://mydramalist.com/people/9525-zhao-sarah
    https://mydramalist.com/people/7041-li-yi-xiao

both actress written as lady yang aka yellow dress maiden 2019
    which one is correct?

Quote Originally Posted by a_tumiwa View Post
    https://mydramalist.com/people/9525-zhao-sarah
    https://mydramalist.com/people/7041-li-yi-xiao

both actress written as lady yang aka yellow dress maiden 2019
    which one is correct?
    Lady Yang = Yang Dingtian's wife? or Lady Han?

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Lady Yang = Yang Dingtian's wife? or Lady Han?
    Lady Yang aka Yellow Dress Maiden is a descendant of Yang Guo and Xiao Long Nu.

Sub for episode 6 is up:
    https://pastebin.com/SEZG0p6T

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...PFbLXr0mTBazWy

Thanks vicious219!

Another tidbit- found the movie version of HSDS starring Jet Li. It's weird, you have been warned, but if you think of it as HSDS surrealist parody, it's worth a watch!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EttKxI3LA7c

Joseph Zeng also made it to the list of 10 most searched for celebs in that same dramapanda post- well deserved recognition for a beautifully done role!@Aniking, I know, 86 is terribly dated, even the acting can be considered too understated for modern standards and the fighting is slow. But I think it still stands the test of time for ensemble acting/characterization. 78 was pretty weird, but more for anthropological interest: eg., seeing how hand-to-hand used to be filmed. Liza Wang was memorable though as ZM.84 movie was also memorable for being very odd (including a scheming ZWJ, and a slightly balmy XZ, plus a really perverted guy tied to a rock??)94 was fun to start but agreed the most awful ZWJ ever, and was really hard to finish (too much weeping)2001 has a great ZM character although is probably the least faithful to the book (honestly I thought 86's and 2001's storylines were improvements over the book! I know, blasphemy!) 2008 was so promising with beautifully shot scenery and a really good actor as ZWJ (I think Deng Chao is generally great as an actor) plus a beautiful Ady An as ZM, but whether it was the directing or script that version also fell flat for me as much as I wanted to love it.2019 I think is going to be memorable for the actors for Joseph, YX, ZZR, and the beautiful shots plus kick-*** fight scenes. I'm not bothered that it's a idol version as long as it continues to deliver the high quality scenes and some squeal-inducing OTP moments.
    I'm glad i didn't trigger any old school adult purist. I think most adaptions found a decent golden lion king. However, 19 ZM seems to fall flat in the beauty department compares to ZZR, who seems a bit fake and enhanced, but aside from judging by appearance. The impression Giving by the acting and maybe dubbing is amazing. I do like their introductions and timing. The mandarin is more tolerate and easier to understand too with the tone. Tvb reuploaded 1978 with ads on wuxia channel and the clothing, action, and dialogues are too cheap and modern. Lion king is the only really good vet back then along with Z3F, but no impressive fights. Songs were memorable and nostalgic, but with little competitions and first to test adapting a wuxia tv series of this scale was amazing back then. The transition with freezing blank stiff looking extras are awful. Complain about talents nowadays who are young, lazy, and protected eye candy who loves to show off on social media, but it's the way to stay relevant. It's hard to compete and top people expectations. Despite all that, people will always tune in for jin yong especially after his death, his works will be even more popular. I'm surprise there's no variety show promo for the cast.
    Last edited by aniking_8; 03-19-19 at 05:20 PM.

so this version is more success than the 2009 one that was directed by famous producer zhang jizhong?
    i think after this, all producer would use pretty-pretty women for their films
    I to be honest found his works in 2000s amazing in choreography, setting, but too bloody . The 80s tvb manage to portray deep emotional scenes and viewers can feel passion instead of frustations. it's still better than taiwan roch, hsds, state of divinity. they made every male lead so annoying. i do credit SoD00 to be the best one though. 2019 like 2017 despite being an unknown idols drama manage to use cgi, real scenery, and authentic set to show the threats and impressiveness of every scenes along with character interaction and dialogues that make those characters likable and come to life. Yang xiao is pretty good here, but the bat king idk I wish he had some fast motion instead of laughing sweeping slow mo actions scenes. It's 2019, so I'm imagining some superhero quick leaping. The slow mo really hurt the series a lot in action department. It's way overused. I do enjoy some of the lesser fight scenes during ZWJ childhood. The young actors can act and it isn't tvb stone or annoying. I wish he didnt just grow up before going in to the cave. It took him probably a few months instead of 5 years to cure himself despite saying he didnt have much time left after meeting with yang xiao. He manage to gain LoCh Great level internal as well as maximize it with heaven shift all in the span of a few months. Credits to the background of how 6 sects invasions started as well as the passage of time in how zwj heal his legs. This series have the best fight and emotional impact from brightness peak arc despite the cut short weak ending to it.

Quote Originally Posted by vicious219 View Post
    Lady Yang aka Yellow Dress Maiden is a descendant of Yang Guo and Xiao Long Nu.
    Then, as what a_t indicated, how can they be two actresses acting one role?
    1. Typo
    2. Each actress take one scene (one at Beggar Union and other at Shaolin)?

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Then, as what a_t indicated, how can they be two actresses acting one role?
    1. Typo
    2. Each actress take one scene (one at Beggar Union and other at Shaolin)?
    Wait, I think you got it right the first time. Lady Yang is Yang Dingtian's wife. And the Yellow Dress Maiden is listed on that page as the Lady in Yellow.

Quote Originally Posted by vicious219 View Post
    Wait, I think you got it right the first time. Lady Yang is Yang Dingtian's wife. And the Yellow Dress Maiden is listed on that page as the Lady in Yellow.
    oh you are right, i got it, thanks @wkeej and @vicious219

I'll try to share when I find particularly cool clips and short write ups!
    Yes please! Good to have when you are waiting for the episodes to be up.

The producer for this show is really smart in using relatively unknown (but decently talented) cast. That reduces the cost from which the money can be set aside for proper CGI and set (and getting a really good scripwriter/videographer/editor, basically everything pre- and post-production). If I am not wrong, that was the strategy used by Tang Ren for Chinese Paladdin I.

I guess that is part of the reason why there is are little promo activities for this drama (underfunded marketing?). Oh well, just my wild guess. Or maybe because the cast is relatively unpopular, TV show hosts are reluctant to invite them. If HSDS goes well, they are gonna start appearing in TV shows.

Did anyone watch Yin Li's interview vid on tiebe? She's quite a sweet and easygoing girl in real life, got a little of Yin Li's craziness in her (in a good way

from wiki
    Tan Jian Chang as Gao Lao Zhe
    Yang Jun as Ai Lao Zhe
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heaven..._Slaying_Saber

dont know who are these 2, do they already make an appearance?

Tonight!

I think the Lao Zhe's must refer to the Xuanming Elders (Xuanming ErLao).

Any idea how the names of the 8 Mongolian archers came about?

Quote Originally Posted by piyemingo View Post
    Any idea how the names of the 8 Mongolian archers came about?
    No idea. Named by zm.

Between tonight's Wudang incident and Pagoda rescue, it is a few months. That means the six sects are staying in the Pagoda for such a long period too?

from wiki
    Tan Jian Chang as Gao Lao Zhe
    Yang Jun as Ai Lao Zhe
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heaven..._Slaying_Saber

dont know who are these 2, do they already make an appearance?
    They are the tall and short old dudes from the Hua Shan sect (headed by Xian Yu Tong) in the GMD arc.

Nothing special in tonight's two episodes. in one series, zm was angry with xz and wanted to chop off her hand. Now it seems that it is to chop off zwj's hand. Also, cannot remember the last part where zzr was trying to escape.