Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The Condor Heroes 2018 《神雕侠侣》

Banned

A little OT: Guys, I have detected the next ROCH spoof (I keep telling ppl we're living in the age of Jin Yong derivative works). It's about this guy with a huge and heavy sword who gets a God-like master figure to teach him how to wield it. Sounds like YG + the Giant Condor training to use the heavy huge sword by the waterfall doesn't it?

(You can see here from 1:35 onward the God-figure master teaching the boy how to wield the Yang Guo heavy iron sword...)

TV drama thread: http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...8A%B7%E8%95%BE
    Last edited by hirobo2; 01-22-18 at 01:39 PM.

Banned

Also forgot to mention the boy can also grow wings and fly (who needs to ride on the Giant Condor's back, when you've got your own pair of wings right?)

Lastly, at the beginning of the show (anime version), the boy is already in a relationship with this pretty damsel, who seemed more skilled than him (XLN)...
    Last edited by hirobo2; 01-22-18 at 01:57 PM.

Not sure if you realise....but Fight Breaks Sphere is a novel adaptation on a book by the same name. afaik, no intention was made to be a spoof of ROCH

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by IMOmusings View Post
    Not sure if you realise....but Fight Breaks Sphere is a novel adaptation on a book by the same name. afaik, no intention was made to be a spoof of ROCH
    And where do you think the book got its ideas from? Remember how they used Michael Miu from LoCH '83 as a tribute to it in LoCH '17? Well, why would FBS feature Carmen Lee (XLN '95) as the boy's mother if it didn't lift the story from RoCH? (And this is her first returning role since stopped acting many years ago, so it's an especially important one).

It's the same when they got Crystal Liu to star in Once Upon a Time, or Yang Mi to star in the TV version coz both actresses starred in RoCH '06 as XLN and GX, and Once Upon a Time is essentially RoCH set in a xianxia world...

Anyways, a few more things I noticed from the anime version:

- Most powerful good guy and bad guy are not the young main chars but these old guys that look/resemble GJ and GWM.
    - "GWM" in FBS has these stooges that are like Huodu (is a Prince) and Da'Erba (fights with staff/spear instead of iron irod that can trace shapes in the ground).
    - There are these other girls in FBS (who have a crush on the boy) like the twin cousins that LiMochou kidnapped.
    - Instead of eating the black galls of a giant snake, he eats this substance found in the head of a leopard monster.
    - There is a scene where he fights a giant flying snake (Giant Condor vs gigantic snake).
    - He gets bullied at the beginning of the show like how YG was.
    - There is a pervert in FBS that gets killed by the XLN-like char (Xiao Xun), just like in RoCH.
    - Xiao Yan is engaged to marry this Guo Fu-like char and gets attacked by her sword in a quarrel just like in RoCH.
    - Xiao Xun (XLN) wants to find the key to some kind of tomb (she wants back in inside RoCH's Tomb of the Living Dead).
    Last edited by hirobo2; 01-27-18 at 07:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hirobo2 View Post
    Also forgot to mention the boy can also grow wings and fly (who needs to ride on the Giant Condor's back, when you've got your own pair of wings right?)

Lastly, at the beginning of the show (anime version), the boy is already in a relationship with this pretty damsel, who seemed more skilled than him (XLN)...
    There are 2 common mistakes about ROCH:

1- The heavy sword although it’s heavy but it isn’t big, only a little longer than the wooden sword that lies next to it.

2- The condor can’t fly.

You can detect anyone who did read the novel or only watching tv series by asking these 2 questions.

Smile

Since they are having young Zhang San Feng in this, I was thinking perhaps they would have Ashton Chen be young Zhang San Feng?

Unlike most others, Ashton Chen pretty much know a lot about shaolin monk kung fu arts and he's the childhood favorite shaolin movie and TV shows. I wonder how he would be as a young Zhang San Feng in this show?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ihavequestion View Post
    There are 2 common mistakes about ROCH:

1- The heavy sword although it’s heavy but it isn’t big, only a little longer than the wooden sword that lies next to it.

2- The condor can’t fly.

You can detect anyone who did read the novel or only watching tv series by asking these 2 questions.
    Interesting. It's true, I have never actually read any Jin Yong work. I'll let you all in a secret... I have never actually seen LoCH or RoCH. What I mean by this, I know most of the plot points, but I have never watched any Jin Yong work subbed in English beside Swordsman 2013. RoCH (plus LoCH) the 3-D movies will be the first time I watch them and understand what they're trying to say coz movies tend to get really good ENG sub's...

Anyways, it seems Fights Break Sphere is really thorough in spoofing RoCH. At the beginning Xiao Yan is engaged to marry this Guo Fu-like char (oath made in LoCH) with the added twist she wants to now break the engagement as well. And who was there with Xiao Yan thru it all just like GJ's intention to declare marriage of YG to GF in RoCH at the Heroes' meeting? Xiao Xun (FBS's XLN)!
    Last edited by hirobo2; 01-27-18 at 07:11 PM.

There are some inspirations here and there, they only need to make sure it isn't too obvious. I'm just surprised they decide to make another adaptation only after 4 years. I also don't think the 2014 version too bad, they learned or you can say straight out copy a lot from 95 version and the 2014 version is one of the complete one compared with some other versions.

-------------------------

-
    Quote Originally Posted by GazingStar5 View Post
    Since they are having young Zhang San Feng in this, I was thinking perhaps they would have Ashton Chen be young Zhang San Feng? Unlike most others, Ashton Chen pretty much know a lot about shaolin monk kung fu arts and he's the childhood favorite shaolin movie and TV shows. I wonder how he would be as a young Zhang San Feng in this show?
    Actually in ROCH, Zhang San Feng doesn't know anything about Shaolin kung fu, he only learns some basics from the toy Xiang Guo gave to him and thanks to it (learning without permission) he is expelled from Shaolin.
    Last edited by ihavequestion; 01-24-18 at 12:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    What? Another one!
    Yeah. I wonder why they keep making remakes. Don't they know that there are more wuxia novels out there that still haven't make into serials?

The only way I can see this as being remotely interesting or worthwhile is if they put the focus on Gwok Seung and Cheung Gwun Bo (which it looks like they just might do) and only use Yeung Gor and Little Dragon Girl as background/secondary characters to frame the story (sort of like the role that Gwok Jing and Wong Yung played in the traditional telling of ROCH). Otherwise, we really have covered this ground way too often already.

Banned

While we wait for more news articles on RoCH '18, if anyone wants to watch the anime version, it's still there at (Season 1 animated by a Japanese studio, so the quality is superb):

https://anime.thehylia.com/downloads...he-condor-hero

Banned

My thoughts on Battle Through the Heavens (aka Fights Break Sphere) anime version: When I first started watching the CGI cartoon version, I thought that a bazillion episodes were already made and that I was behind. Well, it turns out that only Season 1 was ever made (12x24 min episodes) and that Season 2 won't release until April, 2018.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://kamui2017.files.wordpress.com/2018/01/fights_break_sphere_2017.jpg')

Anyways, I kid you not that FBS is a modern spoof of RoCH.

Xiao Xun (XLN) + Xiao Yan (YG):

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://kamui2017.files.wordpress.com/2018/01/1_hq.jpg')

It seems Xiao Xun is dressed in light blue + light pink to resemble XLN from RoCH anime.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://kamui2017.files.wordpress.com/2018/01/btth.jpg')

The Japanese anime version (below) don't look as good as the Chinese CGI version (above):

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://kamui2017.files.wordpress.com/2018/01/4622.jpg')

They even made Xiao Xun have an all-around hair band like anime XLN (and notice the two columns of her hair streaming down in front as well):

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://kamui2017.files.wordpress.com/2018/01/89de4e1ef26d1df3d277f99aa460d346.jpg')

(Read Part II here: http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...=1#post1143259)
    Last edited by hirobo2; 01-27-18 at 06:57 PM.

Smile

What I meant to say about Chen Xiao Long being Zhang San Feng is that since he already know a lot about ShaoLin Kung Fu, the film directors won't have to get anymore ShaoLin or Kung Fu experts to give advices on those fighting scenes because Ashton Chen could just be giving those expert advice.

I mean with so many years of him making Kung Fu movies and TV shows, he's probably an expert by now.

I was just wondering about the role of Guo Xiang, perhaps Jiang YiYi could play her?
    She was playing as young Guo Fu in the 2014 version. And by now her age is probably the same as Guo Xiang age when she met Yang Guo. Perhaps in future version of Condor Heroes, Jiang YiYi could also play as young Huang Rong?

This would make Jiang YiYi even more special with being the actress that played as Guo Fu, Guo Xiang, and Huang Rong. I sure hope the film directors consider this.

Banned

I've posted this elsewhere before, but I'll post it here again...

Why RoCH is my fav. Condor Trilogy story:

SMB1 (LOCH)

SMB2 (HSDS; doesn't seem to have much continuity from the previous story other than Guo Xiang and Zhang San Feng; doesn't even feature an eagle or condor; can be regarded as a spinoff story)

SMB3 (ROCH; many improvements over SMB1; written after author gained some more story crafting skills; TV version shows some flying):

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://kamui2017.files.wordpress.com/2018/01/657px-super_mario_bros-_3.jpg')

Simply the best game in the SMB1-3 series!
    Last edited by hirobo2; 01-27-18 at 02:13 AM.

Banned

Fights Break Sphere has a pink XLN, aka Why FBS got it right...

When IBM released the first PC, it came with 2 different color palettes...

Palette 0 (GREEN, RED, YELLOW):

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://kamui2017.files.wordpress.com/2018/01/111026-wc-1.gif')

Palette 1 (CYAN, HOT PINK, WHITE):

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://kamui2017.files.wordpress.com/2018/01/btth.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://kamui2017.files.wordpress.com/2018/01/cga-palette-1.png')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://kamui2017.files.wordpress.com/2018/01/battle-21.jpg')

(Images above: Fight Break Sphere's version of Xiao Long Nu [=Xiao Xun] in pink [and blue])

IMO, cyan, pink, and white belong in the same color group, so they are all valid dress colors for XLN.

----

Personally would prefer XLN to resemble anime RoCH, since white is overdone. Or, even a turquoise XLN would be something refreshing and new...
    Last edited by hirobo2; 01-27-18 at 08:08 PM.

I am not sure if this thread is for the Movie or Drama version of ROCH
    But i saw this news whereby ROCH 2018 Drama version will have the following cast

http://www.sangbe.com/article/165065.html

Wang Luo Dan will be the Middle age Huang Rong
    Liu En You as Middle age Guo Jing
    Song Wei long as Yang Guo
    Xue Hao Jing as XLN (apparently i think she is the female lead for Smiling Wanderer - Ren Ying Ying)

Anyone know if this is a reliable news?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by laurenhuang View Post
    I am not sure if this thread is for the Movie or Drama version of ROCH
    But i saw this news whereby ROCH 2018 Drama version will have the following cast

http://www.sangbe.com/article/165065.html

Wang Luo Dan will be the Middle age Huang Rong
    Liu En You as Middle age Guo Jing
    Song Wei long as Yang Guo
    Xue Hao Jing as XLN (apparently i think she is the female lead for Smiling Wanderer - Ren Ying Ying)

Anyone know if this is a reliable news?
    I like this casting. There's rumor floating around for a long time that Gulinaza is TV RoCH's new XLN...

Banned

Hey guys, anyone watched The Thousand Faces of Dunjia?

Seeing how TTFoD is produced by Hark Tsui, here are my thoughts:

- There is a bad guy that fights with a thousand flying wheels.
    - MC lost not only his arm but also his leg.
    - Seems to me like TTFoD is just practicing grounds for Hark's much more ambitious RoCH 3-D movies, like he's "test screening" some stuff so he could (re-)do them even better in RoCH.
    - Was actually not much impressed with TTFoD, so I don't know, many TV dramas have done better than their movie versions lately (Love O2O, Three Lives Three Worlds)

Banned

Another OT post: Seeing how JY works are already well known, my thoughts on the different spoofs of RoCH:

Three Lives Three Worlds: Spoofs the romance aspect between much older woman and younger guy.

Fights Breaks Sphere: Spoofs the fighting aspect of RoCH (where YG levels up from being a nobody/bullied to near God-level) <-- I likes this kind of spoof more!

P.S: Fights Breaks Sphere is the first manga I even bothered to read since Naruto...

Banned

Lol, I'm hearing GuliNaza receiving a lot of flak from (anti-) fans whereas DiliReba receiving all the praise. So, no way GuliNaza was cast as movie XLN!