Thread: Need Some Help with Identifying this TVB Series

Default Need Some Help with Identifying this TVB Series

I believe it to be a 90s Series for TVB which i enjoy very much
    Period is in Qing Dynasty, and I believe the main lead is Qian Long (starred by Chilam Julien Cheung)
    The Female lead is Liang Xiao Bing (And she starred as the Twins, separated since birth but i think never really got to meet) The first Twin (name was bing xin) was childhood sweet heart friends of the Qian Long Emperor but was forced to marry another official i think , so they were separated. Qian Long was forced to marry the other lady as Empress. And The show also have AO Bai in it. Ao Bai's daughter also fought to be the Empress but Qian Long Didn't choose her fortunately. Then i think Qian Long went out of palace as Emperors in dramas usually did, and met the other Twin, Shui Xin.... These are the small details that I can remember so far.

I am not sure if I found the correct title
    It seem to be 天子屠龍
    and it seem like he is Kang Xi, Not Qian Long, I remembered wrongly

Definitely "The Ching Emperor". The Princess Bing Yue was a cousin (but not blood related as she was secretly adopted) of the Emperor Kangxi as well as his childhood sweetheart. But he had to marry her off to one of the major warlords's son (Derek Kok) to prevent them from joining forces to attack him. He then met her sister, Shui Yue, but he could nto marry her since she was a Han commoner, not to mention the daughter of a Ming supporter.

Kang Xi has this love-hate relationship with Ao Bai (Dominic Lam), ended defeating Ao Bai, but did not kill him as he saw that Ao Bai really cared for him and the country. Kang Xi married both Ao Bai's daughter, but he ended making another noblewomen his Empress though he only loved Shui Yue. Ao Bai's daughter ended up sleeping with someone else and got pregnant and died.

Bing Yue did come back to Kang Xi near the end, but saw that he now loved Shui Yue, and returned to her husband's side to keep her father-in-law from revolting, which was her way of protecting Kang Xi and her sister for as long as she lived. But Kang Xi could never marry Shui Yue so the Empress adopted her as her sister and let her stay in the palace so I guess Kang Xi kept her as a mistress off the books with no official title but everyone was happy
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

ah, yes the ching emperor, I remember this series. I felt bad for Bing Yue and felt so bad for her character. I thought Dominic Lam was somewhat funny in this series like he cannot keep a serious face sometimes. Overall, I thought it was a pretty good series.