Thread: It's impossible for Xiangyang to fall If The Greats Unite

Default It's impossible for Xiangyang to fall If The Greats Unite

At the end of ROCH, we see the Greats band together each leading a battalion against the Mongols.

That got me thinking: Why didn't the Greats simply unite together to assassinate Mongol leaders. Not only would it be impossible for Xiangyang to fall, they could probably "destroy" the entire Mongol army - not literally by killing every single soldier, but by taking out all the kings and high ranking officers (throwing it into complete chaos).

Look - Guo Jing alone was able to wreck havoc at the mongol camp. Let's ignore protecting YG and the Mercs fighting among themselves (say this 2 factor cancel each other out). There's no doubt Guo Jing would have been able to escape unscath.

Imagine what 2 Greats (say GJ and HYS) could do. GJ alone could hold back GWM (the BEST martial artist mongol had) + all other experts. That leave Kublai Khan totally defenseless with only ordinary soldiers by his side. Surely HYS have no problem killing him.

Now, imagine what 5 Greats together could accomplish.

Yang Guo + Guo Jing + Zhou Botong + Yideng + Huang Yaoshi. Not only can they walk into any camp and kill all the leaders, they could probably stroll (sneak) into the Mongol HQ and massacre the entire royal family/khans.

No soldiers involve - just assassinate the khans. How can the mongols possibly continue the invasion?
    Last edited by WuxiaMaster; 02-19-18 at 07:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WuxiaMaster View Post
    At the end of ROCH, we see the Greats band together each leading a battalion against the Mongols.

That got me thinking: Why didn't the Greats simply unite together to assassinate Mongol leaders. Not only would it be impossible for Xiangyang to fall, they could probably "destroy" the entire Mongol army - not literally by killing every single soldier, but by taking out all the kings and high ranking officers (throwing it into complete chaos).

Look - Guo Jing alone was able to wreck havoc at the mongol camp. Let's ignore protecting YG and the Mercs fighting among themselves (say this 2 factor cancel each other out). There's no doubt Guo Jing would have been able to escape unscath.

Imagine what 2 Greats (say GJ and HYS) could do. GJ alone could hold back GWM (the BEST martial artist mongol had) + all other experts. That leave Kublai Khan totally defenseless with only ordinary soldiers by his side. Surely HYS have no problem killing him.

Now, imagine what 5 Greats together could accomplish.

Yang Guo + Guo Jing + Zhou Botong + Yideng + Huang Yaoshi. Not only can they walk into any camp and kill all the leaders, they could probably stroll (sneak) into the Mongol HQ and massacre the entire royal family/khans.

No soldiers involve - just assassinate the khans. How can the mongols possibly continue the invasion?
    Re-write history??

Considering how easy H7G goes in and out of the Imperial palace...
    Or XF's comment of "If I wanted to go anywhere unnoticed, who would be able to stop me?"

I'm sure they actually could've assassinated many Khans. Perhaps their fear, which is the only reason I can use to rationalize why they didn't, is that a new Khan would take the deceased Khan's place. And they realize their own Emperor was useless so the only thing the Hans can rely on was Xiang Yang-- which tactical GJ was already handling quite well
    Last edited by Snafu3721; 02-23-18 at 02:44 AM.