Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 101 Reasons you are addicted to fanfics (either in reading or writing).

fanfics rock! started getting addicted after reading the pair up of er kang and xiao yan zhi in their worst nightnare! i am tempted to write a fanfick of my own waahhh!!!
    what number are we in?

120. in fanfic, you are the boss of all the characters, when you tell them to jump, they jump even if it is not upon their will...it is as if what you narrate happens

I think fanfics are an excuse to avoid physical descriptions of your characters. And also the fact that you can play director =P

Quote Originally Posted by yearning
    I think fanfics are an excuse to avoid physical descriptions of your characters. And also the fact that you can play director =P
    What do you mean "avoid physical descriptions of your characters"? Can you explain?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Well for some fanfics using real life actors/actresses, then readers would know what they look like and it's not necessary to get into the details of how beautiful/handsome they are.

I don't know, I always suck at writing physical descriptions for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by yearning
    Well for some fanfics using real life actors/actresses, then readers would know what they look like and it's not necessary to get into the details of how beautiful/handsome they are.

I don't know, I always suck at writing physical descriptions for some reason.
    How hard can it be?

I don't like it when fanfics use real people, fanfics are a chance to create your own characters. Just think about how original the 4 eyebrows idea was.

Quote Originally Posted by sarakoth
    How hard can it be?

I don't like it when fanfics use real people, fanfics are a chance to create your own characters. Just think about how original the 4 eyebrows idea was.
    Part of the Fan in Fan-fiction is the reason why it is fan-fiction. The person has to be a fan of a certain pre-existing work of fiction or celebrity/character and then write their own story using the piece/person they're a fan of. Isn't thats what fanfic is?

There's a slight difference between writing an original fiction and a fan-fiction.

Sarakoth, why are you digging up old threads in all the forums you visit?

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Everytime I see sarakoth, I keep thinking it's Ken Cheng! So confusing..

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

LOL if you create your own character then it would be called FICTION and not FANFICTION. youre crazy bout Riddick, you write stories of him, not those that necessarily be in line of his Pitch Black or Chronicles of Riddick movies but when you use existing character or ppl then it's automatically be a FANFICTION.
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 04-15-07 at 06:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostdarTeal'c
    LOL if you create your own character then it would be called FICTION and not FANFICTION. youre crazy bout Riddick, you write stories of him, not those that necessarily be in line of his Pitch Black or Chronicles of Riddick movies but when you use existing character or ppl then it's automatically be a FANFICTION, cuz you're a fan of Riddick.
    Where would that put my project?

One of my two main characters is my original creation.

The other of my two main characters was not created by me, but I've developed what was once a relatively supporting minor character into a main character in her own right (in ways her creator never imagined).

Half of my supporting characters were created by other people, and the other half were created by me.

So is it fiction or fanfiction?

P.S. please fill out my questionaire (see signature)!

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    Where would that put my project?
    One of my two main characters is my original creation.

The other of my two main characters was not created by me, but I've developed what was once a relatively supporting minor character into a main character in her own right (in ways her creator never imagined).

Half of my supporting characters were created by other people, and the other half were created by me.

So is it fiction or fanfiction?
    do i even need to answer that q, ken? youre basing your fic on already established thing, of course it's fanfic. unless you start using GUNBAM instead of GUNDAM and all the characters are purely your creation then it would be a fiction.

i also create my own set of characters in my fanfic, but because most of the characters in there are based on real people or already established characters, so, there you go.....im doin fanfic!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    P.S. please fill out my questionaire (see signature)!
    sure, when i start reading your fanfic. yes, ive taken a look at your questionairre.....

in another month, dear ken, in another month and ill be reaading your fanfic....
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idols: Mark Dacascos and Vicki Zhao Wei
    Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

in another month, dear ken, in another month and ill be reaading your fanfic....
    Hopefully, by then, Part I will be all up (although it probably won't). Part I sets up Athena and Jolie's story, but Part II is where it really kicks into high gear, especially because that's where the THIRD main character, Jonah Miguel, shows up.

LOL if you create your own character then it would be called FICTION and not FANFICTION. youre crazy bout Riddick, you write stories of him, not those that necessarily be in line of his Pitch Black or Chronicles of Riddick movies but when you use existing character or ppl then it's automatically be a FANFICTION.
    Well you can write a fanfic for an entire genre like a wuxia fanfic because you are a fan of wuxia.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    Part of the Fan in Fan-fiction is the reason why it is fan-fiction. The person has to be a fan of a certain pre-existing work of fiction or celebrity/character and then write their own story using the piece/person they're a fan of. Isn't thats what fanfic is?

There's a slight difference between writing an original fiction and a fan-fiction.

Sarakoth, why are you digging up old threads in all the forums you visit?
    I don't consider Jan 2007 to be old.

I don't consider Jan 2007 to be old.
    Please read all the words in the question before answering. Emphasis on *all.

I'm not talking about just this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Please read all the words in the question before answering. Emphasis on *all.

I'm not talking about just this thread.
    No one loves me

I feel depressed

The old threads help cheer me up

Lol..Those were my exact thoughts..