Thread: Reasons for Ah Ohr's change of heart towards Wai Siu Bo?

Default Reasons for Ah Ohr's change of heart towards Wai Siu Bo?

For most of her time in DUKE OF MT. DEER, Ah Ohr absolutely detested Wai Siu Bo, wanting to kill him or kill herself rather than associate with him. In the end, however, she finally became one of his most devoted wives. But how did she come to do this complete 180 in her attitude towards him? The reasons that Jin Yong provided don't quite add up: sure, she felt abandoned and betrayed by her teacher (the One-Armed Nun) and her parents (Lee Tze Sing and Chan Yeun Yeun, both of whom would soon be dead anyway), Cheng Hak Song (no relation) turned out to be a complete bastard, and she felt a bit guilty about being an unwitting accomplice in the death of Chan Gun Nam, but even if you add all that up, it doesn't necessarily mean her attitude towards Wai Siu Bo would change, especially as she seemed to detest him more and more as time went by up to that time. Why the sudden and complete turn, then?

I guess she realised that WXB was the only person in the whole world who actually liked her. It's a small consolation when you don't like the person, but you probably really need to go through the trauma she went through, in having her whole world fall apart before her eyes and see that every single thing you've believed in was a lie, to understand how a little acceptance would feel so welcome. I certainly can't imagine my pride allowing me to accept WXB after everything, but I'm not Ah Ke.