Thread: If Emperor Kang Hsi and Wai Siu Bo met again as old men...?

Default If Emperor Kang Hsi and Wai Siu Bo met again as old men...?

In DUKE OF MT. DEER, having grown up together from childhood to young adulthood, Emperor Kang Hsi and Wai Siu Bo went their separate ways...never to meet again, but only to carry memories of their friendship for the rest of their lives. Although the Emperor later did attempt to search for his old friend, his search was in vain: he never found WSB again.

Imagine, however, if decades after their parting, the Emperor Kang Hsi and Wai Siu Bo met again as elderly men. What do you expect would happen next? Would the Emperor still pursue old feuds with WSB, or welcome him back as a friend and possibly even consider employing him again?

Senior Member Mandred Skavenslayer's Avatar

I can see them going on an epic pub/brothel crawl, Kang Hsi moaning about how his sons were fighting over the throne and Wai Siu Bo boasting about all his extra marital affairs. After which KH would ask WSB to join him back at the palace, but WSB would decline preferring his freedom and they will each go their separate ways.

wei xiao bao perhaps would tell the emperor the location of the treasure?

Possibly hug each other, have some wine and get some personal advice from WXB free, e.g. who should be the next emperor.

WXB would tell the Emperor about his wives, one in particular... and the kid(s) they have. The Emperor may ask for a nephew or two to take back to the palace? I'm thinking too much, I change my mind, they'll go brothel-hopping in disguise. 😊

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    In DUKE OF MT. DEER, having grown up together from childhood to young adulthood, Emperor Kang Hsi and Wai Siu Bo went their separate ways...never to meet again, but only to carry memories of their friendship for the rest of their lives. Although the Emperor later did attempt to search for his old friend, his search was in vain: he never found WSB again.

Imagine, however, if decades after their parting, the Emperor Kang Hsi and Wai Siu Bo met again as elderly men. What do you expect would happen next? Would the Emperor still pursue old feuds with WSB, or welcome him back as a friend and possibly even consider employing him again?
    if you study Kang Xi's history of his final years. It was his darkest. All.the prince fighting for throne, backstabbing each other...later Yinsi won and become Yongzheng.

If link with Shujian.. Chen Jianluo's story.

I think an aged and more streetsmart Wei XiaoBao will be wiser to avoid another political drama.

If he can easily see through the minds of Ao Bai, Wu Sangui, Shunzhi, Hong Antong, Jiu Nan and etc. A young Yongzheng is nothing to Wei XiaoBao. This show Wei xiaobao is extremely streetwise and good in reading people's mind. Wei Xiaobao may even seen before Chen shiguan; Chen Jialuo's father that already exist in Kang Xi's final years as an official.

It already look him so hard to get out of Tiandihui. I believe he wont want himself as his children to involve Honghua Hui and the future Yongzheng. He will not wanna get pester by Yu Wanting too.