Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: TVB wuxia series made available on YouTube

魔刀俠情 aka All About Tin was just uploaded. It's pretty much the most plot-holed and inconsistent wuxia series I can remember, but I watched it as a kid and contains almost every wuxia trope imaginable, so it was pretty enjoyable in a nostalgic way.

The TVB classic wuxia channel was abruptly closed last week while they were broadcasting 'The Legend of Dik Ching' due to 'multiple third-party claims of copyright infringement'. Either TVB Anywhere overstepped the bounds of their parent company, or (more likely) the notoriously heavy-handed TVB legal team simply didn't know that the channel was an official one.

The other TVB channels seem fine - it is only the classic wuxia channel that was closed. Hopefully it will be reinstated soon (though I believe YouTube makes it very difficult to fight copyright claims, so they might simply decide that it is more trouble than it is worth).

Yeah, unfortunately there's pretty much a 0% chance it'll get reinstated once closed; more likely the rest of the channels will be closed soon too.

I have no knowledge of Mainland tv, wuxia or otherwise, are there any channels that have full episodes like the TVB ones on Youtube? Just got a Roku for my friend's parents and it'd make things easier if I can just add a bunch of channels and let them scroll through it than try to work around like casting from their phone or watching the few channels I've found which are mainly news.

Senior Member Mandred Skavenslayer's Avatar

Good news TVB WuXia Drama channel is back.

Although the channel is back, unfortunately quite a number of series have disappeared (e.g. the first third of LOCH '83, the second half of DGSD '81, Flying Fox '85, Return of Luk Siu Fung etc.). They are still regularly uploading new series though.

Still the best version of HSDS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZITWFwsfomg&t=3s
    Last edited by _Kenny_; 09-27-20 at 11:59 PM.