Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Handsome Siblings 2018-19

I searched YouTube about this show like 20 times today, but nothing really new.

Why are these new trailers so SHORT?

ending theme song

The series is out on netflix. 2 episode came out 2day I guess more friday. Pretty good so far similar to Jimmy version. Adult version appears fast

Smile

According to some news or rumor about Ever Night 2 main character actor changes because Arthur Chen playing the main character role of Ning Que in the Ever Night series have school and education ro be concerning himself about. They had to get a different actor for the role.

Arthur Chen and this new actor for the role of the main character Ning Que in Ever Night looks incredible so I'm not sure what else to say about that.

However I'm thinking that perhaps in the future remake of Jue Dai Shuang Jiao, they would have Arthur Chen and Dylan Wang play as the two main twins character? Since they both are now playing as the same main character Ning Que in the same TV series Ever Night by the same film production crew and it's just a continuation of the same story onward.

Arthur Chen looks like he could play as Xiao Yu-Er and the other actor Dylan Wang looks like he could play as Hua Wu Que?

What are you guys thought on about it?

I don't really care about Ever Night.

I am in for good Wuxia choreography series, not fantasy drama.

I like this series so far.

The trailer is promising with the Wuxia choreography later through out this show.

China now days do all these Fantasy dramas, but the problem is they are ALL FREAKING BORING in terms of Action/Thrill/Choreography 50% Love melodrama, 30% plot and 20% boring-Air-Fu.

Jin Yong and all these old school Chinese TV shows is seriously better in every aspect from FIGHT choreography to a story/plot that drops jaws!

This Handsome Siblings probably not on Jin Yong level, but still better than modern Chinese fantasy America-Wannabe mess!

Smile

I somewhat agree with you on the mellow drama part like in some scenes, there is a large part that is just purely on going talking which doesn't lead to anything interesting. Some of those talkative scenes in some of those new shows felt almost like it's very lame and the same like some part of that recent new show The UnTamed.....

However I would hope that you watch more of the show because in Ever Night, they do have amazing battle scene that are pretty much on par with those old school TV shows that you are probably talking about.....

Like this battle scene from Ever Night was one of the best battle scene I watched and I hope that there will be such interesting battle scene to look forward to in this new Jue Dai Shuang Jiao TV show.

I mean sure a great novelist can write such a great novel but you also gotta acknowledge that it's also up to the film production crew to make those great novel into a great art showing show for the TV screen.....

Like for example the 2017 version of Xiao Ao Jiang Hu have an awesome looking Dong Fang Bu Bai with great characteristics but with whatever reasons, the show just wasn't that interesting with too many long talkative scenes that seemed repetitive and uninteresting..... I'm not sure if that film production crew of the 2017 Xiao Ao Jiang Hu version actually understand what they were reading in the great novel of Xiao Ao Jiang Hu?

acted as baddie in 兰陵王 , act as 李莫愁 in 神雕2020

Smile

Hi Krab, I would love to read what your thoughts are on this new show?

Rather than watch some of the videos you posted of which I have already watched but it seems as though you're just posting on and on in a continuous sequence that feels a bit uninteresting for some who are looking to have some kind of actual discussion about whether the show is great or not?

So far the show's follow the 80s version with Tony long and hugo. Yihua palace master loved the father but he fell for the servant instead.

It's almost exactly flow same way to where xiaoyier gets these gold leaves and just toss em away and how he ket

Quote Originally Posted by GazingStar5 View Post
    Hi Krab, I would love to read what your thoughts are on this new show?

Rather than watch some of the videos you posted of which I have already watched but it seems as though you're just posting on and on in a continuous sequence that feels a bit uninteresting for some who are looking to have some kind of actual discussion about whether the show is great or not?
    spcnet is just a double post for minimal extra effort , I collected the images and videos for posting at another more populated local forum

It's barely only 4 episodes so I don't want to review the series prematurely , I usually do a summary AFTER I completed the entire drama.
    In my opinion , this drama have similar level of production quality as LegendofCondorHeroes2017.
    It may score pretty high 7/10 to 8/10 if they don't make silly plothole (character intelligence drop) or filler episodes.

this forum to me , is a depository or time capsule for "lurkers" who found this website from google search when searching the english title keyword
    if you noticed , most of the popular drama's threads have tens of thousands of view but only a few user text posts inside

in the previous years , people use tinypic or direct grab of baidu link for the images , it breaks down after 3 years
    that's why I use IMGUR for hosting the images, I imagine there are latecomers who discovered the drama 3-5years late and seek related content via google search
    these spcnet forum threads would come in handy for such purpose
    the other major english forum for discussing china costume drama is SOOMPI