Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Z3F, YG, LHC et al. with a twist!

Default Z3F, YG, LHC et al. with a twist!

Bored, how about this for a vote?

Take all our various favourite characters. From Zhang Junbao to SPT to DY to YG etc etc.

If we took each one of them as a say 3 yr old kid.

And enrolled them into Wuxia Hexxor School.

Teachers at the school are DGKB, Murong Longcheng, Huang Shang, Original 5 Greats (incl. Wang Chongyang), Mulinzi and the library also has the entire original Xiaoyao Pai manuals. There is also this old janitor who doesn't say much but quietly sweeps the floor.

Who graduates top of the class when they are all say 21 years old?
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

From the novels I've read, Zhang Wuji seems to best combine intellect, understanding of MA, application, determination and showing all that pre-21. Where he's rubbish is in fighting instinct, but this is a school, so aggression counts for less than academic ability and testability. Zhang Sanfeng overtakes him and everyone else quite late on, to become the head of the school.

Quote Originally Posted by pannonian View Post
    From the novels I've read, Zhang Wuji seems to best combine intellect, understanding of MA, application, determination and showing all that pre-21. Where he's rubbish is in fighting instinct, but this is a school, so aggression counts for less than academic ability and testability. Zhang Sanfeng overtakes him and everyone else quite late on, to become the head of the school.
    I think YG takes the cake for this one. He's shown to understand solid systems such as Quanzhen, unorthodox systems such as Ancient tomb, pure ingenius techniques like Dog Beating Stick and Divine Finger Flick, and extrapolated from intention and philosophy from just a bit of writing on Dugu's wall all before the age of 20. He's also displayed the ability to put it things in practical use almost immediately.

He didn't create a system like ZSF though and hasn't shown he could, so I agree later on he will likely lose to ZSF in that regard.

they all start from nil martial arts or have their original abilities / knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by a_tumiwa View Post
    they all start from nil martial arts or have their original abilities / knowledge?
    They are 3 yr old kids, no training! So YG doesn't have the baggage of bullying, XF doesn't have the memory of killing the doctor, Junbao wouldn't miss Yueyuan etc etc.

I think Xiao Feng will be the top of the class. He's shown he has the capability to surpass his teacher in skills that his shifu taught to him without any freak incidents.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    He discarded the sword in his hand, but was unable to discard the sword in his heart.

I feel like Gu Long...

i choose xiao feng too
    he learnt 4 of 72 martial arts when in shaolin for only 9 years , right? (long fist, dragon claw, dragon capturing hand, demon subduing palm)
    that means he is genius and high intelligence

and become a gaibang leader at young age (19 years?)

Quote Originally Posted by tape View Post
    I think YG takes the cake for this one. He's shown to understand solid systems such as Quanzhen, unorthodox systems such as Ancient tomb, pure ingenius techniques like Dog Beating Stick and Divine Finger Flick, and extrapolated from intention and philosophy from just a bit of writing on Dugu's wall all before the age of 20. He's also displayed the ability to put it things in practical use almost immediately.

He didn't create a system like ZSF though and hasn't shown he could, so I agree later on he will likely lose to ZSF in that regard.
    It makes you wonder if a similarly aged Yang Guo had been in Zhang Wuji's place duriing that scene where he's taught Taiji swordplay, whether he'd grasp it as quickly and to the extent where Zhang Wuji was able to duel against the Yitian sword.

It makes you wonder if a similarly aged Yang Guo had been in Zhang Wuji's place duriing that scene where he's taught Taiji swordplay, whether he'd grasp it as quickly and to the extent where Zhang Wuji was able to duel against the Yitian sword.
    From the YG we've seen, I wouldn't bet against him being able to learn a skill and use it on the fly. He's just been able to do similar things so often.

I can easily buy ZWJ understanding theory better or faster but YG being able to utilize a smaller understanding better. It's probably something like a spectrum with XF understanding theory the least out but squeezing the most out of it utility wise and ZWJ understanding the most [possibly, still not really convinced] and using it worst.

I suspect I could choose one of Ouyang Ke's concubines and she would have an equal chance of winning - sometimes all people need are a good break, and most people without plot armour could have been so much more given the right opportunities.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew View Post
    I suspect I could choose one of Ouyang Ke's concubines and she would have an equal chance of winning - sometimes all people need are a good break, and most people without plot armour could have been so much more given the right opportunities.
    And I think we have our final answer!

The mind boggles at what Mo Yung F'uk's servant Ah Bik could have accomplished had Jin Yong slipped in the shower, knocked himself out, and after he came to, decided to rewrite DGSD with Ah Bik as the main protagonist!

The mind boggles at what Mo Yung F'uk's servant Ah Bik could have accomplished had Jin Yong slipped in the shower, knocked himself out, and after he came to, decided to rewrite DGSD with Ah Bik as the main protagonist!
    After Ah Zhu left with Xiao Feng, Ah Bik was wandering Swallow Mansion when she stumbled upon Murong Longcheng's all in one compendium. Running after Murong Fu to tell him about this momentous discovery, she bumped into Jiumozhi who had captured Duan Yu and was forcing him to reveal the 6MSJ secrets. When trying to save DY at night, JMZ woke up and attacked her, causing her to subconsciously flail out with the Fenhe Zhi technique she saw in the compendium. Striking JMZ at his vital acupoint while falling on Duan Yu, whose BMSG got activated but due to JMZ's fire deviation at that exact moment, she absorbed both DY and JMZs energy.

I'll let someone else decide what happens in book 2.

off topic,
    this a'bi actually love duan yu or murong fu?

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    After Ah Zhu left with Xiao Feng, Ah Bik was wandering Swallow Mansion when she stumbled upon Murong Longcheng's all in one compendium. Running after Murong Fu to tell him about this momentous discovery, she bumped into Jiumozhi who had captured Duan Yu and was forcing him to reveal the 6MSJ secrets. When trying to save DY at night, JMZ woke up and attacked her, causing her to subconsciously flail out with the Fenhe Zhi technique she saw in the compendium. Striking JMZ at his vital acupoint while falling on Duan Yu, whose BMSG got activated but due to JMZ's fire deviation at that exact moment, she absorbed both DY and JMZs energy.

I'll let someone else decide what happens in book 2.
    Is there any difference between Fenhe Zhi and Canhe Zhi?

Is there any difference between Fenhe Zhi and Canhe Zhi?
    Fenhe Zhi is the most advanced acupoint striking technique of Murong Longcheng.

Where Canhe Zhi concentrates all energy streams from the user into a single pure coherent energy strike to minimize aerial dissipation, thus enabling LDAs up to 8 zhang, Fenhe Zhi attenuates the users force such that when striking at an opponent's single acupoint, the energy immediately separates and disperses all over the target's body, striking at multiple acupoints. Even if the target has advanced acupoint protective skills or have shifted his acupoints, the energies of Fenhe Zhi strikes from inside the body to the outside, negating the protection.

Truly the #1 acupoint striking technique under heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    Fenhe Zhi is the most advanced acupoint striking technique of Murong Longcheng.

Where Canhe Zhi concentrates all energy streams from the user into a single pure coherent energy strike to minimize aerial dissipation, thus enabling LDAs up to 8 zhang, Fenhe Zhi attenuates the users force such that when striking at an opponent's single acupoint, the energy immediately separates and disperses all over the target's body, striking at multiple acupoints. Even if the target has advanced acupoint protective skills or have shifted his acupoints, the energies of Fenhe Zhi strikes from inside the body to the outside, negating the protection.

Truly the #1 acupoint striking technique under heaven.
    You believe it's actually superior to Dali's 1 Yeung Finger Technique and 6 Mak Divine Swords?

You believe it's actually superior to Dali's 1 Yeung Finger Technique and 6 Mak Divine Swords?
    Wait, you do realise Fenhe Zhi was only found in Murong Longcheng's All-in-One compendium which was only written about in the Edition JY wrote after he slipped in the bathroom as you rightly guessed a few posts up right?

And yes as an acupoint striking technique it is deadlier than the Yiyangzhi. Just that it cant double up as a healing technique unless you have some freak injury that requires striking all acupoints at once or striking them from inside out to fix.

Unlikely to happen when more talented people are put in the same path at the same time.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Unlikely to happen when more talented people are put in the same path at the same time.
    That's the thing, though. We never get to know how talented these kelefes are sometimes. I mean, considering that most of Ouyang Ke's concubines were (presumably) kidnapped and bribed/seduced/threatened/Stockholmed at a fairly adult age, their martial arts development aren't really bad, especially as they were never taught any really good arts. It's not like the Passionless Valley people who (presumably) grew up there and learned to throw nets around since young.