Thread: My dad didn't know..

Default My dad didn't know..

I am abused by my step-mom not physically but emotionally. She would curse me and talk to my face on how unlucky my father was for having a child like me. I want to confess to my dad, but I can see he's happy with her and I don't want to ruin that.

I am no counsellor, lawyer, expert.
    I can only say that you are a good kid with your dad's interests at heart. Hope that things get better.

Hello Wkeej, your name sounds interesting, BTW thanks for the response. Should I keep it to myself or should I tell dad?

Quote Originally Posted by tugmashed View Post
    Hello Wkeej, your name sounds interesting, BTW thanks for the response. Should I keep it to myself or should I tell dad?
    OT: I think there was a thread in the past about one's nick. Mine is based on my old best friend's name - wong kee jong. We used to call him "Ah Kee" (did not register this nick here) as I used to use wkeej when I write to him - letters and birthday/festival cards.

With regard to your issue, I think that so long as there is no physical harassment and you are able to withstand it, you can keep the problem to yourself. I may be wrong - your stepmum may actually want to receive a reaction from you so that she can "complain" to your dad.

What you allow will always continue, being emotionally abused is more painful than being hurt physically. In my opinion, you have to tell your dad.

Do you think I need counseling? I found this site (https://www.betterhelp.com/advice/depression/. Seeking professional advice can help me decide and guide me in my healing process.

Quote Originally Posted by tugmashed View Post
    Do you think I need counseling? I found this site (https://www.betterhelp.com/advice/depression/. Seeking professional advice can help me decide and guide me in my healing process.
    Speaking from a layman's perspective, it will be good since a counsellor is a trained professional.