Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Duan Zhengchun vs Ding Chunqiu

Default Duan Zhengchun vs Ding Chunqiu

How formidable are Duan Zhengchun the Prince of and the younger brother of Emperor of Dali and Ding Chunqiu the Old Freak of Xingxiu sect? Who would win a 1:1 fight between the two?

Ding Chunqiu was a bit stronger than Murong Fu while Duan Zhengchun + 3rd Evil not strong enough to defeat Murong Fu so that's mean Ding Chunqiu > Duan Zhengchun..

Now what about Emperor Baoding (Deun Jing Ming) vs. Ding Chun Chou? This should be a much better fight.

"Straight fight" perhaps Duan Zhengmin might win..

I think in a straight up "fair" 1 on 1 fight, Duan Zheng Ming would win. (in terms of skill/internal lv)

However, in a situation where Ding Chun Qiu can grab some sacrifical bystanders for his corpse poison skills, or resort to some other trickery, it's not impossible for him to edge out a victory.

LV 65: Duan Zheng Ming (TL)
    LV 62: Ding Chun Qiu (TL)
    LV 60: Murong Fu (TL)
    LV 45: Duan Zheng Chun (TL)
    LV 40: The 3 Evils (TL)

Quote Originally Posted by WuxiaMaster View Post
    I think in a straight up "fair" 1 on 1 fight, Duan Zheng Ming would win. (in terms of skill/internal lv)

However, in a situation where Ding Chun Qiu can grab some sacrifical bystanders for his corpse poison skills, or resort to some other trickery, it's not impossible for him to edge out a victory.

I think Lv 40 for 3rd Evil seems too high perhaps around Lv 35-38..

Duan Zhengming would definitely beat Ding Chunqiu. Ding Chunqiu was roughly on par with/just a bit stronger than Murong Fu, while Duan Yanqing clowned Murong Fu + his three henchmen at the same time. In turn, when Duan Zhengming faced off against Duan Yanqing early on in DGSD, Duan Yanqing admitted that Duan Zhengming would beat him in an actual fight. As DYQ put it, even though he had a slightly higher level of mastery than DZM, DZM would still beat him due to DYQ being a cripple.

Interestingly enough, I wouldn't rate Duan Zhengchun that low (although he's definitely below Ding Chunqiu). In the battle between him and Murong Fu, Murong Fu thought to himself that he was much more dangerous than the Divine Croc and thus focused almost all of his efforts on fighting Duan Zhengchun, while just using whatever spare energy he had left to fob off the croc. Duan Yanqing himself also noted that Duan Zhengchun was being too aggressive and not using Yiyangzi correctly due to his desperation in wanting to rescue his son. Duan Zhengchun was distracted when his attack was redirected to hit the Divine Croc, and Murong Fu used that opportunity to seal one of Duan Zhengchun's acupoints.

I would readjust the rating like this:

LV 67: Duan Zhengming
    LV 65: Duan Yanqing
    LV 62: Ding Chun Qiu
    LV 60: Murong Fu
    LV 55: Duan Zheng Chun
    LV 50: Second Evil
    LV 45: Third Evil
    LV 40: Fourth Evil
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Thanks for the input, I'll take that into consideration. I think DZC should definitely be more than 5LV lower than MRF though.

Was there that much differences between the 3 smaller evils? I always thought they were pretty much equal/very close, especially from 2nd and 3rd evil fighting over who should be 2nd place (it kind of imply they're closely match in terms of power?). For 4th evil, he's kinda like Green Bat from Ming Sect 4 Guardians. Slightly weaker in terms of skills/internal, but better in speed/agility than the other 2.

I don't think we have actually see them fought each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    Duan Zhengming would definitely beat Ding Chunqiu. Ding Chunqiu was roughly on par with/just a bit stronger than Murong Fu, while Duan Yanqing clowned Murong Fu + his three henchmen at the same time. In turn, when Duan Zhengming faced off against Duan Yanqing early on in DGSD, Duan Yanqing admitted that Duan Zhengming would beat him in an actual fight. As DYQ put it, even though he had a slightly higher level of mastery than DZM, DZM would still beat him due to DYQ being a cripple.

Interestingly enough, I wouldn't rate Duan Zhengchun that low (although he's definitely below Ding Chunqiu). In the battle between him and Murong Fu, Murong Fu thought to himself that he was much more dangerous than the Divine Croc and thus focused almost all of his efforts on fighting Duan Zhengchun, while just using whatever spare energy he had left to fob off the croc. Duan Yanqing himself also noted that Duan Zhengchun was being too aggressive and not using Yiyangzi correctly due to his desperation in wanting to rescue his son. Duan Zhengchun was distracted when his attack was redirected to hit the Divine Croc, and Murong Fu used that opportunity to seal one of Duan Zhengchun's acupoints.

I would readjust the rating like this:

LV 67: Duan Zhengming
    LV 65: Duan Yanqing
    LV 62: Ding Chun Qiu
    LV 60: Murong Fu
    LV 55: Duan Zheng Chun
    LV 50: Second Evil
    LV 45: Third Evil
    LV 40: Fourth Evil
    Wooooww that's mean Ye Erniang (2nd Evil) stronger than Li Mochou and Duan Zhenming stronger than LOCH Guo Jing☺️☺️☺️☺️

Thanks for the input, I'll take that into consideration. I think DZC should definitely be more than 5LV lower than MRF though.

Was there that much differences between the 3 smaller evils? I always thought they were pretty much equal/very close, especially from 2nd and 3rd evil fighting over who should be 2nd place (it kind of imply they're closely match in terms of power?). For 4th evil, he's kinda like Green Bat from Ming Sect 4 Guardians. Slightly weaker in terms of skills/internal, but better in speed/agility than the other 2.

I don't think we have actually see them fought each other.
    You are probably right, it's probably a 2 or 3 lvl difference between the three evils. Let's say 47, 45, 43.

RE Duan Zhengchun, to me a 5 lvl difference = can last a bit in a fight while being at a distinct disadvantage. I think Duan Yanqing's performance against MRF+3 flunkies was quite similar to MRF's performance against Duan Zhengchun + Divine Croc, which is why I put both at a 5 lvl difference. DYQ did better, but DZC had a 'debuff' in the way he was fighting.
    Last edited by Ren Wo Xing; 07-13-18 at 01:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    Wooooww that's mean Ye Erniang (2nd Evil) stronger than Li Mochou and Duan Zhenming stronger than LOCH Guo Jing☺️☺️☺️☺️
    I actually think so, yes, wrt Duan Zhengming and Guo Jing. I view Duan Zhengming as being a quasi-equivalent of LOCH Yideng, and remember he DID master one of the strokes of 6MSJ.

As for 2nd/3rd evil, it was always the Divine Croc who wanted to be known as the second evil, but he never could successfully seize the title, and it never seemed as though Ye Erniang thought of him as a real threat.

Well if Duan Zhengmin ~/= LOCH Yideng that's mean Kurong > LOCH Greats (including Wang Chongyang)..
    In terms if internal strenght perhaps Duan Zhengmin > LOCH Guo Jing but in combat/battle prowess I think Guo Jing is better just like pre 16 years Jinlun vs Heavy Sword Yang Guo

I would have DZM being roughly equivalent (maybe slightly weaker) than LOCH Yideng and Kurong being roughly equivalent (maybe slightly stronger). I don't think the difference between Kurong and DZM is that significant myself.

So you mean Duan Zhengmin/Kurong more or less equal with LOCH Greats (including Wang Chongyang)..
    Hmmmm exciting that's make people like Jiumozhi or Xiao Feng level far above ROCH Greats (include Guo Jing/Yang Guo) since Jiumozhi can "handle" 5-6 LOCH Greats for a stalemate at Tianlong Monastery

I think Kurong is about LOCH great, DZM is around LOCH GJ, and the other 4 are quite a bit below. Maybe around LV50s?
    Last edited by WuxiaMaster; 07-16-18 at 09:10 AM.

The 4 others seem stronger than Duan Zhengchun IMHO so at least they are at Lv 55..
    4 Lv 55 fighters + 1 LOCH Guo Jing + 1 LOCH Greats hmmmmm such a difficult task even for someone at Jiumozhi/Xiao Feng level

They were "forced" to fight JMZ using Liu Mai Shen Jian, which they are totally not well-trained in. In fact, I believe all 5 of them only learn Liu Mai Shen Jian for ONE DAY before JMZ's arrival. Here's the exact part:

枯荣大师说道:“善哉,善哉!大明轮王驾到。你们练得怎么样了?”本参道:“虽不纯熟,似乎也 已足可迎敌。 ” (that sounds like they only got the basics down, not very confident at all)

In a way, they resort to using a "weaker" skill in order to prove LMSJ powers to JMZ. If DZM and the rest were to use their speciality Yiyang Finger, I tink JMZ would have a much harder time. There should be some discount to the power LV of the Tianlong Temple Monks in this battle.
    Last edited by WuxiaMaster; 07-16-18 at 10:25 AM.

Okeyyy let's say the 4 monks are at Lv 50 + Duan Zhengmin (Lv 65) + Kurong (Lv 70) yeahhh even if the 6 of them are "weakening" due to unmastered in LMSJ still they combine force can make terrible force for Jiumozhi since Guo Jing also have a hard time when fought Jinlun + 3 Mongol Warrior (which I think a lot weaker than Duan Zhengmin and his co)..
    So if Duan Zhengmin ~/= LOCH Yideng and Kurong > Duan Zhengmin was true they (with 4 other monks) must be can destroy Jiumozhi without much trouble except you Dongfang Bubai or Shi Potian coz we have at least 3 LOCH Greats level fighters

I'll put GJ at the Mongol Camp at roughly same LV as JMZ. In terms of "difficulty", I think both battles are equally "challenging", and there are many factors at play here.

For GJ
    Positive: There was some internal fighting among the mongols themselves.
    Negative:
    - YG was "creating problems" and GJ had to divert his attention to protect him.
    - GJ exerted some internal the day before to help YG, so he wasn't at 100% (Maybe 95%?)
    - On top of the 1 LV70 GWM and 3 LV50s, he was surrounded by MANY soldiers.

On the whole, the negatives overweigh the postive.

For JMZ:
    Positive: DZM (LV65) and the other 4 (~LV50) were using a new skill they learnt 1 day prior (not mastered)

---

If we were to look solely at the strength of wulin exponents alone, yes - the tianlong monks side are much stronger.

Kurong (LV70) + DZM (LV65) + 4 Monks (LV50) > GWM (LV70) + 3 Mongols (LV50)

However, if you consider the amount of negative conditions at the Mongol Camp for GJ, and the positive condition for JMZ at Tianlong Temple, I'll say both are equally challenging. My opinion is if YG wasn't there, GJ would have retreated from the Mongol Camp completely unscathed.

I see thanx for your "correction"..
    Btw I'am still think that the 4 monk (exclude Duan Zhengmin and Kurong) is stronger than Duan Zhengchun and for Jiumozhi did you think he have some of improvement after this fight I mean if he ~/= Mid ROCH Guo Jing at that time then when end DGSD (prior he lost his kungfu) still equal with end ROCH Guo Jing or weaker or even stronger