Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Duan Zhengchun vs Ding Chunqiu

It's hard to tell how DZC compares with the 4 weaker Tianlong monks, but I'll say they can all be considered "well-versed" in Yiyang Finger?

From the fights, we only know that DZC is quite a bit stronger than the 3 Smaller Evils, and while he's far below DYQ, it's not to the point where DYQ can 1 Hit KO him. (There was a fight between DZC and DYQ at his lover's camp, and DZC manage to hold on for "some time" until Xiao Feng arrive)

---

For JMZ, he picked up Xiao Wu Xiang Gong after this point in the story, but personally I don't think it helped propel his power further. It's more like another set of Great LV skill (that allow him to mimic Shaolin arts).

Post-16 year GJ should be stronger given JYZJ characteristics of ever increasing your internal power.

Yeah there are some discrepancies, maybe we could try sorting out.

1. JMZ stated in Shaolin that their MA level is weaker than Celestial Monastery. That would mean Celestial monks should be at least as strong as Xuan monks. It also makes sense that they are more senior and experienced than DZM.

2. XF is roughly equivalent to 3 Xuan monks whereas JMZ is more or less around XF's level. But the problem starts when JMZ ties against 5 Celestial monks who are >= Xuan monks. So how can we sort out??

3. We can sort out that JMZ was competing against Celestial monks in an area where he excels compared to the monks with their incomplete 6MSJ (aside from Kurong) as opposed to an all-out fight.

So yeah it should be still:

XF ~ JMZ > Kurong > Celestial Monks ~ DZM ~ Xuan Ci > Other Xuan Monks ~ MRF

Quote Originally Posted by WuxiaMaster View Post

Post-16 year GJ should be stronger given JYZJ characteristics of ever increasing your internal power.
    Martial arts with this description are almost always misleading. Quanzhen and Wudang inner power is supposed to do this, but we see no difference between the people that practice it with 30+ years practice.

It's always assumed that it's exponential increase because of the phrase, but it could easily be year 1 you increase by +1, then +2, then +3 etc ; just a linear increase that seldom makes up for one of the great arts that just propels you +100 initially.

Quote Originally Posted by Polar-kun View Post
    Yeah there are some discrepancies, maybe we could try sorting out.

1. JMZ stated in Shaolin that their MA level is weaker than Celestial Monastery. That would mean Celestial monks should be at least as strong as Xuan monks. It also makes sense that they are more senior and experienced than DZM.

2. XF is roughly equivalent to 3 Xuan monks whereas JMZ is more or less around XF's level. But the problem starts when JMZ ties against 5 Celestial monks who are >= Xuan monks. So how can we sort out??

3. We can sort out that JMZ was competing against Celestial monks in an area where he excels compared to the monks with their incomplete 6MSJ (aside from Kurong) as opposed to an all-out fight.

So yeah it should be still:

XF ~ JMZ > Kurong > Celestial Monks ~ DZM ~ Xuan Ci > Other Xuan Monks ~ MRF
    May I ask you Xiao Feng equal with 3 Xuan Monks or with 3 Xuanci..

It's hard to tell how DZC compares with the 4 weaker Tianlong monks, but I'll say they can all be considered "well-versed" in Yiyang Finger?

From the fights, we only know that DZC is quite a bit stronger than the 3 Smaller Evils, and while he's far below DYQ, it's not to the point where DYQ can 1 Hit KO him. (There was a fight between DZC and DYQ at his lover's camp, and DZC manage to hold on for "some time" until Xiao Feng arrive)

---

For JMZ, he picked up Xiao Wu Xiang Gong after this point in the story, but personally I don't think it helped propel his power further. It's more like another set of Great LV skill (that allow him to mimic Shaolin arts).

Wooooww based on your interpretation that's mean My Guo'er "might be" beat Jiumozhi since he's as strong as Guo Jing post 16 years ROCH..
    Coz honestly tough I'am a big fan of Yang Guo I always think that he can't defeat Jiumozhi even with his "full powered" Sad Palm

Quote Originally Posted by tape View Post
    Martial arts with this description are almost always misleading. Quanzhen and Wudang inner power is supposed to do this, but we see no difference between the people that practice it with 30+ years practice.
    I think only people who cross a certain threshold get those gains.

It's always assumed that it's exponential increase because of the phrase, but it could easily be year 1 you increase by +1, then +2, then +3 etc ; just a linear increase that seldom makes up for one of the great arts that just propels you +100 initially.
    It probably depends on how the individual in question trains.

It doesn't need to be "exponential increase" for us to deduce GJ would be stronger post 16-year. Even if it increase linearly, as long as it doesn't hit a "cap/ceiling", then GJ must be stronger.

I don't think there's any internal that can keep increasing your internal exponentially, indefinitely (except maybe GWM's one, but that also requires a progression to the "next level").

An internal skill will give the greatest gain in the progress of mastering it (aka from LV1 to LV10). Once you hit LV10 (peak) in a skill, then there would be no 'big jump', but JYZJ still "gradually increase your max internal overtime".

It doesn't need to be "exponential increase" for us to deduce GJ would be stronger post 16-year. Even if it increase linearly, as long as it doesn't hit a "cap/ceiling", then GJ must be stronger.

I don't think there's any internal that can keep increasing your internal exponentially, indefinitely (except maybe GWM's one, but that also requires a progression to the "next level").

An internal skill will give the greatest gain in the progress of mastering it (aka from LV1 to LV10). Once you hit LV10 (peak) in a skill, then there would be no 'big jump', but JYZJ still "gradually increase your max internal overtime".
    All the Greats are increasing as well; I think GJ is stronger than them also, but I don't think it is because of 9 Yin making him stronger constantly.