Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Second most powerful character in DGSD

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    DY was firing from all 10 fingers all 6 swords and JMZ was using his blazing knife palm to counter.
    Is there an argument to be made, however, that JMZ's blazing knife palm was also an 'edged' palm-attack and thus he was able to use his own 'edges' to clash against the 6MSJ 'swords'?

Anyhow, as for original question, Xu Zhu without a doubt. Not only does he have access to top-tier techniques, his internal is second to none in all of DGSD. He's the only person in that novel who has been shown to be able to shrug off blows from a XF-caliber opponent a la Jiumozhi. Jiumozhi landed TWO knife-edge palms against Xu Zhu, who shrugged it off while Jiumozhi himself felt his palm hurting. Similarly, when Jiumozhi smashed him on the shoulders with the Vajra Fist, Xu Zhu shrugged it off completely.

The only one who had been proven to be tankier is Shi Potian. No one else!
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Not power. But time. To me, it seems that it takes a few seconds to execute one dragon palm.
    Well, he fired 3 so fast that he caught DCQ by surprise.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    Is there an argument to be made, however, that JMZ's blazing knife palm was also an 'edged' palm-attack and thus he was able to use his own 'edges' to clash against the 6MSJ 'swords'?

Anyhow, as for original question, Xu Zhu without a doubt. Not only does he have access to top-tier techniques, his internal is second to none in all of DGSD. He's the only person in that novel who has been shown to be able to shrug off blows from a XF-caliber opponent a la Jiumozhi. Jiumozhi landed TWO knife-edge palms against Xu Zhu, who shrugged it off while Jiumozhi himself felt his palm hurting. Similarly, when Jiumozhi smashed him on the shoulders with the Vajra Fist, Xu Zhu shrugged it off completely.

He is also the only other person besides Sweeper to have a force field. When the poison wine droplets were splattered, it was stated none touched his clothes. And he wasn't even actively generating the field.

Well, he fired 3 so fast that he caught DCQ by surprise.
    Thanks for the info.

And there was the 5 or 7 chain kicks from JMZ as well (some 72 art kicking skill, cant remember name) which he shrugged off.

This feat is pretty extraordinary since even HYS felt a sharp pain when Qiu Chuji grazed him with his fly whisk. Although the whisk is a weapon, it is a soft one and seemed a more inner energy dependent weapon. And it wasn't even a full on hit. Someone like XF wouldn't be able to tank a palm from a Xuan monk like that and XF is about 3-5x the inner power of a Xuan monk. So XZ is easily >x3 JMZ's inner strength.

But all that said, its hard to imagine XZ shrugging off a XF Kang Long You Hui isn't it?

Of course Sweeper's tanking seemed on a different order. Force field that can stop MRF and XF's palms together and making JMZ's attack disappear. Wasn't so much tanking the hit as making the hit disappear.
    Last edited by CC; 07-26-18 at 02:01 PM.

Xu Zhu fighting JMZ is probably one of fights I dislike the most.

Yeah Xu Zhu went through a freak occurrence that probably won't happen again, but you just showed me a Great (and likely even stronger) level fighter beating himself up.

It destroys the mystique of those invincible level fighters for me.

Quote Originally Posted by tape View Post

Yeah Xu Zhu went through a freak occurrence that probably won't happen again, but you just showed me a Great (and likely even stronger) level fighter beating himself up.

Which was supposed to be the part of the moral of the story for DGSD. That no matter how invincible, you can also be helpless.

But all that said, its hard to imagine XZ shrugging off a XF Kang Long You Hui isn't it?
    I also wonder what will happen if XZ just stand there to be hit by XF's dragon palm.
    This is something OT: If XZ has noticed earlier that XF intends to commit suicide, will he be better to save XF?

Quote Originally Posted by tape View Post

Now you might to begin to understand the reason I object to the concept of Dook Goo Kau Bai.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Now you might to begin to understand the reason I object to the concept of Dook Goo Kau Bai.
    I've always understood your reasoning, but I never thought Dugu did it anywhere close to the extant of that scene. Dugu is simply a legendary figure from the past that surpassed them, which is a very common trope.
    Last edited by tape; 07-27-18 at 01:50 PM.

Which was supposed to be the part of the moral of the story for DGSD. That no matter how invincible, you can also be helpless.
    Sure, but I think Qiao Feng's life among other things does much more to drive that point across; that scene doesn't really do too much to add to the theme but it does destroy a lot to destroy the mystique of fighters built up imo.

I hate DG9J much much MUCH more than I hate the DGKB (fanboy version) concept.

Can't really have one without the other.

Can't really have one without the other.
    Disagree on this. The original DGKB from ROCH was just some legendary swordsman who obviously had great inner power and good sword techniques and in the end, went formless. Nothing that breaks the inter-spatial perception barrier as far as martial arts from DGSD to ROCH goes.

Then the DG9J from SOD appeared and you swing a chopstick without inner power and 9 faster enemies all die.

I can bear with fantasy powers but I cant take inter-spatial distortion.

Disagree on this. The original DGKB from ROCH was just some legendary swordsman who obviously had great inner power and good sword techniques and in the end, went formless. Nothing that breaks the inter-spatial perception barrier as far as martial arts from DGSD to ROCH goes.

Then the DG9J from SOD appeared and you swing a chopstick without inner power and 9 faster enemies all die.

I can bear with fantasy powers but I cant take inter-spatial distortion.
    LHC blinding the 15 guys is number two on my list.

But if i really stretch it with legendary sword techniques, protagonist armor, and fluctuating inner strength weirdness I'm more okay with that scene than someone as powerful as Jiu Mozhi beating himself up. It's fine if he's defeated in one stance by Sweeper Monk, but the fact that a Great+ level fighter can't even harm a novice ruins things for me.

Back to XZ. Could he in any way save XF from committing suicide with his inner strength/skills? He is not like XF who is able to "throw a palm" at say the shoulder of the other person who intends to die.

hi, just wanna ask random question
    in the third edition , JMZ didnt have that yijinjing book anymore, do you think his internal energy would reduce much without it?

Perhaps like Ouyang Feng and Hong Qigong at LOCH with or without 9 Yin skill they are still "Greats"..

Quote Originally Posted by a_tumiwa View Post
    hi, just wanna ask random question
    in the third edition , JMZ didnt have that yijinjing book anymore, do you think his internal energy would reduce much without it?
    From 3rd edition, it seems that the main base of JMZ's inner energy is from Xiao Wu Xiang Gong.

Anyway, JMZ was a rare martial arts talent so even if his base was just his Tibetan Knife Palm skill, it wouldn't be out of JY's world for him to have superb inner energy. (e.g. HYS and H7G).

I'm curious. If you acknowlege that DGQB is a >great level internal who reached a formless level, and possessed a sword technique that apparently does witchy voodoo things with space-time, what exactly makes him a "fanboy version"?