Thread: Alternative DGSD scenario: TSTL leads Vulture Palace against KF and Beggar's Union

Default Could Vulture Palace have forced the Beggar's Union to capitulate when KF was Chief?

In DGSD, the Vulture Palace (Ling Jau Gung) subjugated a number of martial arts sects, including the Divine Farmer's Union and the Boundless Sword Sect. So terrifying were the martial arts and cruelty of the Palace's leader, the Child Elder (Teen San Tung Lo) and her Life/Death Talisman that a number of martial arts sects capitulated to the Vulture Palace when the Child Elder sent in her flunkies, without her needing to appear personally to win capitulation. Certainly, the likes of See Hung Yin (Chief of the Divine Farmer's Union) and Tzor Tze Muk (Sect Leader of the Eastern Boundless Sword Sect) lived in mortal terror of Vulture Palace, even though they had never laid eyes on the Child Elder or seen her powerful martial arts.

The Divine Farmer's Union and the Boundless Sword Sect, however, were small-time wulin organizations with weak martial arts and thus, their easy capitulation comes as no surprise. What if, however, the Vulture Palace had attempted to subjugate the Beggar's Union while Kiu Fung was still Union Chief? Could the Palace force the Beggar's Union's submission even if the Child Elder were to personally challenge Kiu Fung?

Default Alternative DGSD scenario: TSTL leads Vulture Palace against KF and Beggar's Union

Here's an alternative DGSD scenario for us to play with:

Imagine Teen San Tung Lo, with her martial arts at full strength, personally leading her Vulture Palace Sect (Ling Jau Gung) on a mission to subjugate or wipe out the Beggar's Union. TSTL's goal is to either make the Beggar's Union vassals of her Vulture Palace or, if the beggars refuse, wipe out the Beggar's Union altogether. In this scenario, however, Kiu Fung remains the Beggar's Union Chief...his Khitan heritage having never been revealed. With Kiu Fung leading them, can the Beggar's Union succeed in repulsing TSTL and the Vulture Palace's attempt to enslave them, or does TSTL kill off KF and enslave/destroy the Beggar's Union?

Personally, I doubt TSTL, being an intelligent person, will take on Beggar Sect as the latter is both powerful and big then. If ever she want to do so, she will possibly try to assassinate XF first. Which I think is quite a difficult task as XF is one tough man.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Personally, I doubt TSTL, being an intelligent person, will take on Beggar Sect as the latter is both powerful and big then. If ever she want to do so, she will possibly try to assassinate XF first. Which I think is quite a difficult task as XF is one tough man.
    Teen San Tung Lo could try to personally defeat Kiu Fung in a straight-up fight, which would be glorious for her and terrifyingly demoralizing not only for the Beggar's Union, but also for the rest of mainstream wulin if they see that even the mighty Kiu Fung could not defeat her. The problem being even though she is technically the more powerful martial artist, victory against Kiu Fung is hardly guaranteed. Against Kiu Fung, even TSTL cannot be 100% certain that she will be victorious.

Well even at her "peak" I always think Tianshan Tonglao or either Xiaoyao Elders can defeat Qiao Feng..
    They might be can defeat The Elites like Murong Bo or Jiumozhi but not Xiao Feng

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Vulture Palace does seem to be judicious in choosing whom to subjugate. They went after comparatively weak groups such as the Mo Leung Sword Sects, the Divine Farmers Union, and the Cave/Island Dwellers, but stayed the hell away from the big shots such as the Beggar's Union, Shaolin, and the Deun Royal Family of Dali.