Thread: If all seven Gong Nam Freaks had survived into ROCH times, what would they have done?

Default If all seven Gong Nam Freaks had survived into ROCH times, what would they have done?

Of the Gong Nam 7 Freaks, only their leader, Ohr Jen Ngok, survived into ROCH. Though he was nearing 100 years old by the end of ROCH, Ohr Jen Ngok remained at least semi-active in wulin.

This raises the question: if his six younger cohorts had also survived into ROCH, would they have continued adventuring as a group? What do you see a collectively intact Gong Nam 7 Freaks doing during the timeframe of ROCH?

They'd probably be retired craftsmen/tradesmen in a Jiangnan village somewhere. They had everyday trades, and weren't always adventuring, even at the start of LOCH.

Quote Originally Posted by pannonian View Post
    They'd probably be retired craftsmen/tradesmen in a Jiangnan village somewhere. They had everyday trades, and weren't always adventuring, even at the start of LOCH.
    I wonder if Gwok Jing would recruit them for the resistance movement against the Mongols at Seung Yeung Fortress, or maybe task them with the training of Yeung Gor, Gwok Fu, and the Mo Brothers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    I wonder if Gwok Jing would recruit them for the resistance movement against the Mongols at Gong Nam, or maybe task them with the training of Yeung Gor, Gwok Fu, and the Mo Brothers.
    I doubt so. GJ seems to me as person who do not take much initiative/imposing. HR may suggest your idea, though.

Quote Originally Posted by pannonian View Post
    Hrm that's interesting. Did most of the Freaks learn martial arts late in their lives? As in, they were in their trade/craft already and then for some reason became martial artists? I don't imagine them actually still bartering, lumberjacking, pickpocketing, etc for a living as they seemed quite wealthy during their duel with Qiu Chuji.

Quote Originally Posted by tape View Post
    Hrm that's interesting. Did most of the Freaks learn martial arts late in their lives? As in, they were in their trade/craft already and then for some reason became martial artists? I don't imagine them actually still bartering, lumberjacking, pickpocketing, etc for a living as they seemed quite wealthy during their duel with Qiu Chuji.
    Genghis Khan paid them a huge stipend too. Had they not been killed, they would have been set for life.