Thread: Protagonist Martial Arts Percentage Growth: Yeung Gor in ROCH

Default Protagonist Martial Arts Percentage Growth: Yeung Gor in ROCH

Second in the series.

First, let an end of ROCH Great = 100%

1. Yeung Gor before martial arts training (up to age 13) = 0%

2. Yeung Gor after initial training in Ha Mo Gung by West Poison Au Yeung Fung = 0.1%

3. Yeung Gor after four years of training under Little Dragon Girl's tutelage in the Ancient Tomb = 5%

4. Yeung Gor after training in the Jade Maiden Sutra = 10%

5. Yeung Gor after learning the external weapons styles of North Beggar Hung 7 Gung and West Poison Au Yeung Fung at Mt Hua = 15%

6. Yeung Gor after learning Jade Flute Sword Technique and Divine Finger Snap from East Heretic Wong Yerk See = 20%

7. Yeung Gor after consolidating his various martial arts skills following an instructive discussion with the Golden Wheel Monk = 30%

8. Yeung Gor after consuming the snake organs and mastering the Heavy Iron Sword Technique = 85%

9. Yeung Gor after developing the Sad Palms Technique = 100%

Post Jinlun advice Yang Guo (Hero Sword Yang Guo) is not 30% Greats IMHO if we assume that Xiao Feng ~ ROCH Greats since Xuan Monk in DGSD (individually) "only" 1/3 of Xiao Feng level and Yang Guo at that time is more or less 50% of Xuan Monk so he's at best 15% of ROCH Greats/Xiao Feng..

Pretty much agree with all except 8 and 9.

8. 95% after mastering Heavy Iron Sword

9. 110% post 16 years.

So this is not mean that 1/3 ~/= 30%..
    Xuan Monk 1/3 (30%) of Xiao Feng
    Yang Guo 1/3 (30%) of Guo Jing
    Woow Yang Guo ~/= Xuan Monk since Guo Jing ~ Xiao Feng

Quote Originally Posted by WuxiaMaster View Post
    Pretty much agree with all except 8 and 9.

8. 95% after mastering Heavy Iron Sword

9. 110% post 16 years.
    My view is that at the end of ROCH, no Great broke 100%. Gwok Jing and Yeung Gor set the new standard and represented 100%. The senior Greats, on the other hand, took a step back and were probably at 95% simply due to their advanced age. They had reached a point in their lives wherein any advantage gained by their decades of experience and inner power accumulation could no longer offset the infirmities of being old. They were still among the greatest living martial artists in the world, but had taken a backseat to the relatively younger Gwok Jing and Yeung Gor, who were still in their primes.

Well but Lao Wantong say he more stronger when he older than he younger..
    It's true all of The Old Greats peaked during ROCH and I think is impossible they "decrease" though a little bit coz We know there's no different among young Messi and old Messi which still a great player..

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    7. Yeung Gor after consolidating his various martial arts skills following an instructive discussion with the Golden Wheel Monk = 30%

8. Yeung Gor after consuming the snake organs and mastering the Heavy Iron Sword Technique = 85%

9. Yeung Gor after developing the Sad Palms Technique = 100%
    training HIS for only 2-3 months and his martial arts increase 55%, but when training for 16 years and invented Sad Palm, his value only increase 15%? hm...

Quote Originally Posted by a_tumiwa View Post
    training HIS for only 2-3 months and his martial arts increase 55%, but when training for 16 years and invented Sad Palm, his value only increase 15%? hm...
    Well I think someone would "slow down" after reach a "great stage"..
    Let see Guo Jing he have a tremendous progression from end LOCH (2nd Huashan Duel) till early ROCH (when he fought Ouyang Feng) but his progession quite "slowly" after that even until end ROCH

It could be that YG increased his skills fairly linearly during those 16 years (e.g. more than a 15% increase) but since we never saw HIS again, it's hard to say how dominant he'd be. (e.g. he may be at 140% if we set the bar at old great to 100%)

Wow that's mean Guo'er (with HIS) 40% stronger than Greats post 16 years..
    Interesting could there's also mean Guo'er at the same level with Xiaoyao Elders or at least Dongfang Bubai😁😁😁😁

I seriously don't think Yeung Gor, or for that matter, Gwok Jing, was 40% better than the elder Greats at the end of ROCH. What I think happened is that the two relatively younger men hit 100% and the elders declined slightly due to advanced age.

It's hard to say how much stronger YG/GJ was than the rest of the greats because we 1. never saw GJ fight again and 2. when YG did fight with the Greats, they were just sparring sessions.

HIS YG > Sad YG > Happy YG > GWM > Greats > QQR

In my opinion, each *version* of YG is much stronger than the next.

Greats vs QQR (half step victory)
    GWM vs QQR (One *whole* day)
    Happy YG vs GWM (< 200 stances)
    Sad YG vs GWM (4-6 stances)
    HIS YG vs GWM (???)

1 stance victory? Probably not, but it might be around there. Whether that's a 40% difference is another story, but I do think he's (and GJ) substantially better than the older greats, at his best.

Well though I believe Guo Jing/Yang Guo stronger than the older greats but honestly I think 40% stronger too much for them I think 5-10% stronger seem more possible..

Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    Well though I believe Guo Jing/Yang Guo stronger than the older greats but honestly I think 40% stronger too much for them I think 5-10% stronger seem more possible..
    Yes, that's more reasonable. I also believe we should not overlook the effects of age on the older Greats. At some point, old age does take its toll, even on the strongest wulin martial artists.

Then I wonder how strong The Xiaoyao Elders compared with DGSD/Condor Greats 50% 60% 70% or else..