Thread: Where are 9yin, 9yang, martial arts of the greats? Why aren't they exist in SPW?

Default Where are 9yin, 9yang, martial arts of the greats? Why aren't they exist in SPW?

SPW takes place after HSDS. All the martial arts from LOCH/ROCH/HSDS eras should be exist in SPW. How comes most of them are gone? Emei and Wudang sects exist in SPW, why don't they have them? Beggar sect also exist in SPW, where is 18 dragon palm?

1. 9 yin manual should be with Emei. But it seems that there is no Emei representation in SPW. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sm...Proud_Wanderer

2. 9 yang manual should be with ZWJ. Did he teach anyone? If not, it is possibly buried with him.

3. 18 dragon palm manual - there is some discussion on it recently. http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...2#.W7rvpGgzZPY. It seems that after HSDS, this skill is no longer mentioned. Also, it seems that there is no Beggar Sect representation in SPW.

the last time 9-yin had been seen was in the possession of zhang wuji , he ended with zhao min went to mongolia.
    9-yang buried by him in the cave where he learnt 9-yang , around Kunlun mountain.

so we can say that both were not in Han territory anymore

18 dragon subduing palm... probably extinct

Quote Originally Posted by a_tumiwa View Post
    the last time 9-yin had been seen was in the possession of zhang wuji , he ended with zhao min went to mongolia.
    9-yang buried by him in the cave where he learnt 9-yang , around Kunlun mountain.

so we can say that both were not in Han territory anymore
    Thanks, a_t.
    Can't remember the part where zwj took the 9-yin from zzr? or is it "yellow" maiden?
    Where is it stated that zwj buried the two manuals around Kunlun mountain?

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Thanks, a_t.
    Can't remember the part where zwj took the 9-yin from zzr? or is it "yellow" maiden?
    Where is it stated that zwj buried the two manuals around Kunlun mountain?
    nope, from Zhao Min, Zhao Min stole it from ZZR.

https://wuxiasociety.com/the-heaven-...chapter-39/16/

"With a chuckle, Zhao Min took two bundles of thin papers from her bosom. She waved it in front of Zhang Wuji’s face and said with a laugh, “Can you guess what this is?”
    Zhang Wuji smiled and said, “If you tell me to guess, I will never guess correctly in my lifetime. So, why would I want to take the trouble?”

Zhao Min placed the two bundles of paper in his hand. Zhang Wuji took a candle to examine the paper. He found out that it was not paper, but thin sheets of silk, as thin as cicada’s wings. The sheets were densely populated with tiny characters, with each character as small as the head of a fly. The first bundle began with this line of four characters, ‘wu mu yi shu’ [Wumu Legacy; lit. ‘the book (or letter) left behind by Wumu’]. It explained the key in deployment of troops in a war, battle formation, and other fine points of military strategy.

Looking at the second bundle, he saw it started with these four characters, ‘Jiu Yin Zhen Jing’ [Nine Yin Manual; lit. ‘nine yin (negative/feminine/moon) true/real scripture’]. Inside were all kinds of mystical and strange martial arts. Flipping toward the end of the bundle, he found ‘Jiu Yin Bai Gu Zhua’ [Nine Yin White Bone Claw] and ‘Cui Xin Zhang’ [heart destroying palm] among other things.

Zhang Wuji’s heart turned cold. “You … did you take all this from Miss Zhou?” he asked.

Zhao Min laughed. “When she was immobile, why can’t I take advantage of her [orig. shun shou qian yang’ – lead away a goat in passing’]?” she said, “This kind of malicious martial art, I don’t want to learn, but I do want to destroy it, since left in her hands it might be used to harm others.”

Zhang Wuji browsed through the Jiu Yin Zhen Jing. A few pages later, he realized that the lesson inside was very profound and difficult to decipher in a short while. He also knew that the martial art skill toward the end of the book was not malicious, he said, “The martial art in this manual is actually very deep. If trained properly, I believe ten, twenty years later, the result will not be a small matter. But if it is trained rashly, the result will be superficial. Not only it will harm others, but will inflict self injury as well.” After pausing for a moment, he continued, “That Jiejie wearing yellow gown’s martial art is obviously of the same school, yet her movements were upright without any sign of maliciousness, very pure and honorable. It seems that her skill also came from this Nine Yin Manual.”

-----------------------------
    https://wuxiasociety.com/the-heaven-...-chapter-16/4/

He wrapped the four-volume Nine Yang Manual, as well as Hu Qingniu’s Medical Manual and Wang Nan’gu’s Poison Manual, inside the oil cloth he took out from the white ape’s belly, and buried the bundle in the hole. He then filled the hole with dirt, thinking, “I got the Manual from the white ape’s belly; that was truly destiny, an enormous opportunity. I wonder if in a hundred or a thousand years it would be somebody else’s destiny to come hither and find these three Manuals?” Picking up a sharp stone, he carved six large characters on the mountain wall, ‘Zhang Wuji’s Manuals Burial Place’.

Thanks, a_t.
    Two questions: When did ZM steal the 9-yin manual from ZZR?
    When did ZWJ and ZM go back to Mongolia? At the end?

for 18 dragon subuding palm , i just remembered about what Doc Kwok posted, even though the text about this 18 dragon subuding p alm martial art was removed in edition 3 (to be included alongside 9-yin), but there is a chance that the 18 dragon palms would appear in a compilation of H7G's arts

Thanks, a_t.
    Two questions: When did ZM steal the 9-yin manual from ZZR?
    When did ZWJ and ZM go back to Mongolia? At the end?
    when lu zhangke and he biweng fought zzr, and lu zhangke want to rape her.
    zwj come to rescue zzr , at that time zzr was injury , so zhao min who stand besides her , easily take the advantage, yeah naughty girl Zhao Min

yes, at the end they both live in Mongolia (not zhao min family's royal palace, just some unkown desolate place)

when lu zhangke and he biweng fought zzr, and lu zhangke want to rape her.
    zwj come to rescue zzr , at that time zzr was injury , so zhao min who stand besides her , easily take the advantage, yeah naughty girl Zhao Min

yes, at the end they both live in Mongolia (not zhao min family's royal palace, just some unkown desolate place)
    1. Can't remember much about this part on the Xuanming Elders.
    2. Mongolia? I thought it was some icy island/place? Was it stated that the latter is in Mongolia?

1. Can't remember much about this part on the Xuanming Elders.
    2. Mongolia? I thought it was some icy island/place? Was it stated that the latter is in Mongolia?
    yes, in third edition - last chapter , it was said that wuji would bring zhao min to Mongolia and never come back to central plain anymore.
    zhou zhiruo also know about his plan , its why zzr forbid wuji to marry zhao min(remember wuji owe 1 promise to zzr?) , because zzr know they (zzr n wuji) wont meet again in the future, so she want to do the last revenge , when they have a kid, wuji and zhao min will always remember her (not married but have a kid)

yes, in third edition - last chapter , it was said that wuji would bring zhao min to Mongolia and never come back to central plain anymore.
    zhou zhiruo also know about his plan , its why zzr forbid wuji to marry zhao min(remember wuji owe 1 promise to zzr?) , because zzr know they (zzr n wuji) wont meet again in the future, so she want to do the last revenge , when they have a kid, wuji and zhao min will always remember her (not married but have a kid)
    Thanks once again. So to answer TC's questions (correct if I were wrong):
    1. 9 yin manual - latest is with zm.
    2. 9 yang manual - buried by zwj around Kunlun Mountain.
    3. 18 dragon palms manual - MIA. a_t noted that Doc Kwok posted, even though the text about this 18 dragon subuding palm martial art was removed in edition 3 (to be included alongside 9-yin), but there is a chance that the 18 dragon palms would appear in a compilation of H7G's arts.

Looks like after HSDS, no-one knows these three skills.

Thanks once again. So to answer TC's questions (correct if I were wrong):
    1. 9 yin manual - latest is with zm.
    2. 9 yang manual - buried by zwj around Kunlun Mountain.
    3. 18 dragon palms manual - MIA. a_t noted that Doc Kwok posted, even though the text about this 18 dragon subuding palm martial art was removed in edition 3 (to be included alongside 9-yin), but there is a chance that the 18 dragon palms would appear in a compilation of H7G's arts.

Looks like after HSDS, no-one knows these three skills.
    Damn ZM and ZWJ. I hope ZM and ZWJ will pay the ultimate price when ZYZ and Yongle invade Mongolia. I hope ZYZ and Yongle are merciless toward them. Anyway, ZM backstabbed ZWJ later on. She then married to Zhu Shuang, the second son of ZYZ. When her husband passed away, they burried her alive with her dead husband.