Thread: Zu Mountain Saga Question

Default Zu Mountain Saga Question

I have a question about the story of Zu Mountain Saga. But first, let me confess that I haven't read the novels. It's hard to find the novel nowadays in my country. So I don't know anything about it.

My question is : What is Zu Mountain Wuxia, actually? Why from all Zu Mountain Movie and TV Show that I know, they all have different story and characters? That is unlike Jinyong condor heroes series. Even when they have different TV version, but all the stories are similar. The main character is still Guo Jing. But the Zu mountain Saga has even different main characters in every movie and TV series.

Quote Originally Posted by Brainsuker View Post
    I have a question about the story of Zu Mountain Saga. But first, let me confess that I haven't read the novels. It's hard to find the novel nowadays in my country. So I don't know anything about it.

My question is : What is Zu Mountain Wuxia, actually? Why from all Zu Mountain Movie and TV Show that I know, they all have different story and characters? That is unlike Jinyong condor heroes series. Even when they have different TV version, but all the stories are similar. The main character is still Guo Jing. But the Zu mountain Saga has even different main characters in every movie and TV series.

The best explanation I've heard is that the Zu characters are basically just small entries in an encyclopedia and their backdrops are vague enough that you can create stories out of any of them.

They are the original xianxia that is so popular now, and I'm very surprised that the [at the time] spectacular graphics of Legend Of Zu movie with HK superstars playing them inspired pretty much no interest.

What do you mean with that?

The thing that confuse me is that all the movies and TV show have different story and characters.

Like Zu Warriors from the Magic Mountain (1983), The Legend of Zu (2001), and The Legend of Zu (2015) TV Show. They have different story and characters.

Well from what i remember adam cheng movie version with bridget linn. Adam is ding yan, who is same character portrayed by william chan 2015 series version.

Each series take place during different time periods. 2015 version trying to make a universe that connects its own story, so legend of zu 2015 then legend of zu 2017 is both prequel n sequel to 2015 one. 2015 one serves as remake to the 80s movies, 2001 movie and tvb versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Mido-Ban View Post
    Well from what i remember adam cheng movie version with bridget linn. Adam is ding yan, who is same character portrayed by william chan 2015 series version.

Each series take place during different time periods. 2015 version trying to make a universe that connects its own story, so legend of zu 2015 then legend of zu 2017 is both prequel n sequel to 2015 one. 2015 one serves as remake to the 80s movies, 2001 movie and tvb versions.
    That's really confusing LOL

Well just c em as remakes like jin yong and gu long novels. Usually different side characters etc as main character.

From what i remember tvb one with arron kwok eddiw kwan, ding yin in there is main villain who becomes blood demonz then eddi3s character becomes it and he gets reborn in sequel who was played by ekin cheng.

So both the tvb series the legend of zu 2015 and 2017 series r remakes of those ones just fleshing our characters story etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mido-Ban View Post
    Well just c em as remakes like jin yong and gu long novels. Usually different side characters etc as main character.

From what i remember tvb one with arron kwok eddiw kwan, ding yin in there is main villain who becomes blood demonz then eddi3s character becomes it and he gets reborn in sequel who was played by ekin cheng.

So both the tvb series the legend of zu 2015 and 2017 series r remakes of those ones just fleshing our characters story etc.
    I become understand now. But who is the actual main character in "the Zu Mountain" original novel? It seems that Ding Yin is not always to become the main character in the story.