View Poll Results: Who Do You Think is the Most Evil Jin Yong Villain Ever ?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ouyang Feng

0 0%
  • Dong Fang Bu Bai

0 0%
  • Tian Gui Nong

0 0%
  • Ma Fu Ren aka Kang Min

3 42.86%
  • Yue Bu Qun

0 0%
  • Jin Lun Fa Wang aka Golden Wheel Monk

0 0%
  • Cheng Kun aka Yuan Zhen

3 42.86%
  • Ren Wo Xing

0 0%
  • Mie Jue

0 0%
  • Others (Indicate in the comments below who else deserves to be on this list and WHY !! )

1 14.29%

Thread: Poll: Most Evil Jin Yong Villain Ever

Default Poll: Who Do You Think Is The Most Evil Jin Yong Villain Ever?

In all of Jinyong 14 novels, we came across some of the most crafty, evil, selfish, ambitious, unrepentous, cruel, ruthless, despotic, perverted and pathetic villains ever. But no where do I find any legitimate discussion on who tops the villain list of the Jinyong lore.

So now finally, I want to have the first of its kind, a nomination of who you think among the below 10 listed characters are the most Evil and Villainous character ever to appear in the Jinyong

Please make your selection and vote !! Also kindly state your reasons in the comments below why you think your character deserves to take the title of "GREATEST VILLAIN EVER IN JINYONG-VERSE".

If any other character that is not listed here, but you feel he/her deserves a place in this Top Villain list, please indicate and tell me why !!

*** Please note we are voting based on how EVIL the character is, this is not a poll based on martial arts prowess ***
    Last edited by xiaop; 03-16-19 at 04:21 AM.

nice thread bro...
    a people from "A Deadly Secret" novel would occupy the list
    let me think for a moment...

i chose Qi Zhangfa from deadly secret

he killed his own teacher
    he try to kill his own and only one student who already like his son
    he doesnt care the life of his daugther
    he killed 2 of his martial brothers

all of these killing spree just for... treasure

Actually the villains in JY's novels are not very very evil. At the same time, they are not as skilled as the patagonist/hero. I choose Kang Min, as she is more or less responsible for Ah Zhu's death.

Why should Mie Jue be a villain? Yes, she hated the Ming cult. She did kill a few people (Ming cult). She did push what she is supposed to do to her disciple. She did forbid her disciple to marry zwj. Villain?

Deun Yin Hing advertised himself as the "Greatest Evil of All," but that's false advertising! He wasn't even the most evil in DGSD.

Some of those in the poll aren't even that evil.

I'll say Kang Min is the most evil out of that list.

Kang Min is not even the most evil in TLBB. AZi is.

Quote Originally Posted by EdenResident View Post
    Kang Min is not even the most evil in TLBB. AZi is.
    Azi is sadistic, not evil. At least Azi got a bit of good side. At least to Xiao Feng.

Kang Min is completely evil.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Actually the villains in JY's novels are not very very evil. At the same time, they are not as skilled as the patagonist/hero. I choose Kang Min, as she is more or less responsible for Ah Zhu's death.

Why should Mie Jue be a villain? Yes, she hated the Ming cult. She did kill a few people (Ming cult). She did push what she is supposed to do to her disciple. She did forbid her disciple to marry zwj. Villain?

Mie Jue is ruthless, cruel, unsympathetic and merciless. She is also among the most Obstinate of all JinYong characters.

She would have killed Yang Bu Hui and Zhang Wuji without any qualms whatsoever.

She will allow her convictions to override any sense of moral and resort to removing whatever obstacles, even causing endless bloodshed, killing thousands of innocents in achieving her means.

She is what by many standards a crazy psychopath. Doesn't mean she is the leader of a prominent Orthodox sect, makes her a saint.

No shes worse than that, shes a sadistic sociopath ! Everyone is wrong and only she is right.

So if that does not make her a villain, I have no idea what does.
    Last edited by xiaop; 04-06-19 at 04:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xiaop View Post
    Mie Jue is ruthless, cruel, unsympathetic and merciless. She is also among the most Obstinate of all JinYong characters.

She would have killed Yang Bu Hui and Zhang Wuji without any qualms whatsoever.

She will allow her convictions to override any sense of moral and resort to removing whatever obstacles, even causing endless bloodshed, killing thousands of innocents in achieving her means.

She is what by many standards a crazy psychopath. Doesn't mean she is the leader of a prominent Orthodox sect, makes her a saint.

No shes worse than that, shes a sadistic sociopath ! Everyone is wrong and only she is right.

So if that does not make her a villain, I have no idea what does.
    Sadistic: yes, just like Ah Zhi. Using your analogy of wanting to kill, doesn't ZM want to kill Z3F too? So, ZM should be in the list.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Sadistic: yes, just like Ah Zhi. Using your analogy of wanting to kill, doesn't ZM want to kill Z3F too? So, ZM should be in the list.

I never put forth any "analogy". I was merely describing the character of Mie Jue as Master Jin Yong portrayed her to be.

Also, you are comparing apples to oranges.

Zhao Min was born a Mongol Princess, her family is charged with the elimination of Ming Troops and she being tasked to subdue the Central Plains pugilists. What choice could she have had in the matter? Her loyalty has to side with her own people.

But she eventually made the choice and betrayed her own race to be with ZWJ. That had her being branded as a traitor forever to Mongol. Call it redemption or whatever you like.

Mie Jue,on the other hand, had no redeeming qualities.

She has her ego and her self righteousness go all the way to her head. She cannot even handle a little humiliation of being captured or rescued by others.

She is HELL BENT in stooping to anything to achieve her means. Even to the point of threatening her disciple with her own life, having ZZR make despicable vows in order to manipulate her. She is a self righteous, unrepentant Evil psycho bro. Shes a Villain, dude.

Your analogy pertains to your examples which you state clearly in your first reply: "She would have killed Yang Bu Hui and Zhang Wuji without any qualms whatsoever."

My analogy will be "ZM would have killed ZSF without any qualms whatsoever".

Let's use back what you state in your reply.

"She has her ego and her self righteousness go all the way to her head. She cannot even handle a little humiliation of being captured or rescued by others" = That means she is egoistic, NOT evil, right?

"She is HELL BENT in stooping to anything to achieve her means. Even to the point of threatening her disciple with her own life, having ZZR make despicable vows in order to manipulate her." - Would "determined" or a more negative word, "obsessed" describe this point?
    She is a self righteous, unrepentant Evil psycho bro. Shes a Villain, dude.
    Where is your evidence?

Anyway, I shall stop my debate.

The figure of comparison for Mit Jeut See Tai really shouldn't be someone such as Chiu Mun, but rather someone such as East Heretic Wong Yerk See.

Let's look at the tale of the tape (no pun intended, tape):

1. Both WYS and MJ were powerful and respected, though feared elite wulin fighters of their day.

2. Both were known for being eccentric, unreasonable, stubborn, and foul-tempered.

3. Both were aligned with the cause of patriotism for the Han culture in opposition to foreign invaders, though both clearly put patriotic objectives far subordinate to their personal agendas.

4. Both abused their students terribly in different ways.

WYS, however, is seen in a much more favorable light by most wuxia fans than is MJ. Perhaps it's because we see other aspects of WYS's personality (at times, we saw him as a good dad, a good husband, and a good friend), whereas we only see MJ at her worst. Perhaps it's that "cool" factor that East Heretic has that always wins him some extra popularity points even though his conduct could be abominable at times. Whatever the case might be, comparing MJ to WYS might be more apt than comparing her to Chiu Mun.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    The figure of comparison for Mit Jeut See Tai really shouldn't be someone such as Chiu Mun, but rather someone such as East Heretic Wong Yerk See.

Let's look at the tale of the tape (no pun intended, tape):

1. Both WYS and MJ were powerful and respected, though feared elite wulin fighters of their day.

2. Both were known for being eccentric, unreasonable, stubborn, and foul-tempered.

3. Both were aligned with the cause of patriotism for the Han culture in opposition to foreign invaders, though both clearly put patriotic objectives far subordinate to their personal agendas.

4. Both abused their students terribly in different ways.

WYS, however, is seen in a much more favorable light by most wuxia fans than is MJ. Perhaps it's because we see other aspects of WYS's personality (at times, we saw him as a good dad, a good husband, and a good friend), whereas we only see MJ at her worst. Perhaps it's that "cool" factor that East Heretic has that always wins him some extra popularity points even though his conduct could be abominable at times. Whatever the case might be, comparing MJ to WYS might be more apt than comparing her to Chiu Mun.

I think while MJ and HYS do share some similar qualities, I cannot lump the 2 together. Especially in ROCH, HYS seems to have softened up a fair bit and is no longer the unreasonable despot we have seen in LOCH, but rather has become a well respected hero by then.

I cant think of any particular decent deeds that MJ has actually performed per say in the course of HSDS novel. She is the very epitome of the word OBSTINATE across the JY universe.

She imposes her will upon others whether they like it or not. Only her way is right. You either follow her way, or you go the way to the next life.

The only JY character I think who even comes close to her demeanor will have to be Ren Wo Xing.

Why are we debating over this? Didn't Cheng Kun kill a little toddler who was still in his crate? He should win this poll hands down.

Wow. Only 6 people bothered to vote on this one and Kang Min is winning. Apparantly scheming women are considered more evil than people like Cheng Kun who mercilessly slaughtered a little baby

Goodrick, you have a point.
    I voted for KM is because as a viewer, her actions resulted in someone (Ah Zhu)'s death who is liked by viewers.
    whereas it is not so for XX.

i voted for cheng kun the baby killer..