Thread: Zhang Nianci: Seeking answer from those who read the first novel

Default Zhang Nianci: Seeking answer from those who read the first novel

I read from wuxiasociety that in the first novel https://wuxiasociety.com/heaven-swor...ond-edition/3/that "In the first edition, Zhang Cuishan named his son Zhang Nianci in reference to Mu Nianci, the wife of Yang Kang and mother of Yang Guo. He did not name his son in the second edition, choosing to let Xie Xun name the child."

I find it strange as Nianci is a girl's name. So why did ZCS chose a girl's name. Thanking in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    I read from wuxiasociety that in the first novel https://wuxiasociety.com/heaven-swor...ond-edition/3/that "In the first edition, Zhang Cuishan named his son Zhang Nianci in reference to Mu Nianci, the wife of Yang Kang and mother of Yang Guo. He did not name his son in the second edition, choosing to let Xie Xun name the child."

I find it strange as Nianci is a girl's name. So why did ZCS chose a girl's name. Thanking in advance.
    Gender-bend aside, the name does fit Cheung Mo Gei's personality and character, but it's odd that Cheung Chui San would think of that. By the time of HSDS, who possibly would have remembered Yeung Hong's and Muk Lim Chi's names? Neither of them was famous even in their own time, let alone over 100 years later during the timeframe of HSDS.