Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Why were Fan Yao and Daiqisi MIA when cult was attacked?

  1. #1
    Senior Member goodrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    587

    Default Why were Fan Yao and Daiqisi MIA when cult was attacked?

    When all the so called righteous sects ganged up and attacked the Ming cult at the Brightness Peak, many people "tried" to put their differences aside and came together to defend the Ming cult. Bright left messenger Yang Xiao was present, so were two of the Kings - Eagle King and Bat King. Also the five wanderers were present. They came together for the cult even though all of them had gone their different ways. Lion King Xie Xun was absent for obvious reasons.

    Why were Bright Right Messenger Fan Yao and Dragon Queen Daiqisi missing in action? Why didn't they come to the battle of Brightness Peak to defend their sect from extinction?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,804

    Default

    Fan Yao is "serving" the Mongol court/ZM then. Daiqisi no longer has any ties with the Ming Cult.

  3. #3
    Senior Member goodrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Fan Yao is "serving" the Mongol court/ZM then. Daiqisi no longer has any ties with the Ming Cult.
    So are you saying that they just didn't know about the attack? Or they knew but for whatever reasons chose not to come defend the Ming cult against getting wiped out?

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,804

    Default

    Fan Yao should know the attack since intelligence will inform ZM about it. And being ZM's teacher, he will hear about it. A possible reason he did not come is that he may believe that Ming Cult is able to hold the fort.

    Not sure about Daiqisi. She may be in Snake Island. For sure, her intelligence/information will not be as great/extensive.

  5. #5
    Senior Member goodrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Fan Yao should know the attack since intelligence will inform ZM about it. And being ZM's teacher, he will hear about it. A possible reason he did not come is that he may believe that Ming Cult is able to hold the fort.

    Not sure about Daiqisi. She may be in Snake Island. For sure, her intelligence/information will not be as great/extensive.
    Oh wow. For someone like Fan Yao to have gone through great lengths like disfiguring himself (you should see this scene in the 2019 HSDS where he literally eats a burning coal to kill his voice, pours hot lava all over his head and face and cuts his face up. It is pretty graphic) to infiltrate the Mongols, to then decide not to come defend the Ming cult from potentially getting wiped out just because he thought of the off chance that maybe the Ming cult is able to hold the fort? And it did take a huge stroke of luck where it took someone who not only knew Jiu Yang Zhen Jing but also Qian Kun Da Nuo Yi to come defend the fort. Anyone with anything less and Ming Cult be wiped off.

  6. #6
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    22,524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Fan Yao should know the attack since intelligence will inform ZM about it. And being ZM's teacher, he will hear about it. A possible reason he did not come is that he may believe that Ming Cult is able to hold the fort.
    He probably reckoned that he was much more valuable as an undercover agent than as one more body to throw into the fight. Though a formidable fighter, one Fan Yiu wasn't going to swing the difference in the epic struggle between the Ming Cult and the Six Orthodox Wulin Sects at Gwong Ming Peak. As it turned out, Fan Yiu was much more valuable to the Ming Cult by preventing it for having to take the fall for the vandalization of the Shaolin Temple.

  7. #7
    Senior Member goodrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Daiqisi no longer has any ties with the Ming Cult.
    Interesting. Lot of people had moved on and didn't have any ties with the Ming cult, many of them had created their own new cults divorced from the ming cult, but when push came to shove they were there to put the past behind and defend the cult. I guess Daiqisi didn't give a s#!t and couldn't be bothered?

  8. #8
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    22,524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by goodrick View Post
    Interesting. Lot of people had moved on and didn't have any ties with the Ming cult, many of them had created their own new cults divorced from the ming cult, but when push came to shove they were there to put the past behind and defend the cult. I guess Daiqisi didn't give a s#!t and couldn't be bothered?
    Her loyalty to the Chinese Ming Cult was always a bit tenuous at best. From the perspective of the Persian Ming Cult, from which Dor Yee See originated and for which she was once in line for the position of Cult Leader, the Chinese Ming Cult was a subordinate branch. I don't think she ever viewed herself as truly a part of Chinese branch of the cult, and the needs of the Chinese cult were always secondary to those of the Persian cult.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,804

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Her loyalty to the Chinese Ming Cult was always a bit tenuous at best. From the perspective of the Persian Ming Cult, from which Dor Yee See originated and for which she was once in line for the position of Cult Leader, the Chinese Ming Cult was a subordinate branch. I don't think she ever viewed herself as truly a part of Chinese branch of the cult, and the needs of the Chinese cult were always secondary to those of the Persian cult.
    Yes, Ken nailed it. Her purpose of visiting Ming Cult is to find/steal the "Great Shift" manual. She only became a member of Ming Cult after she represent YTZ in the fight against HQY with perhaps an ulterior motive (of winning Ming Cult's trust).

    To goodrick: Since you are currently watching the 2019 series, perhaps you can share your views when JHPP hinted to XZ that in order to save zwj, XZ has to take over as Persian Cult leader. Is it more for her self-interest of not being burnt? 2003/2009 series is better in that it is XZ who decide to take over her mum's role to save everyone.

  10. #10
    Senior Member goodrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    587

    Default

    Sure. I will definitely let you know when I get to that part.

    Meanwhile I'm on episode 33 where on Snake island Xie Xun does confront Daiqisi about why she did not go to the Brightness Peak. Daiqisi offered two reasons. She said that she had already faced Meijue Shithai and had lost to her Heavenly sword and didn't think going to the Brightness Peak would've changed the outcome to her favor. She also said that she had severed all her ties to the Ming Cult. She claimed that with the exception of leader Yang Dingtian and Xie Xun, that everyone in the Ming cult were against her. She cited the example of Doctor Hu Qingniu treating her as an outsider and refusing to treat and save her husband's life many years ago resulting in his death (I'm not sure how true this is. I thought the reality of the situation was that it was beyond Hu Qingniu's ability to treat her husband's wounds). So she does admit that although fully aware of the attack on the cult she felt zero obligation and responsibility to come to the Ming cult's defense. Xie Xun does shame her and scolds her and says that it was extremely small-minded of her to hold a grudge and not come to the cult's defense when it needed it the most.
    Last edited by goodrick; 05-15-19 at 09:45 PM.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,804

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by goodrick View Post
    Sure. I will definitely let you know when I get to that part.

    Meanwhile I'm on episode 33 where on Snake island Xie Xun does confront Daiqisi about why she did not go to the Brightness Peak. Daiqisi offered two reasons. She said that she had already faced Meijue Shithai and had lost to her Heavenly sword and didn't think going to the Brightness Peak would've changed the outcome to her favor. She also said that she had severed all her ties to the Ming Cult. She claimed that with the exception of leader Yang Dingtian and Xie Xun, that everyone in the Ming cult were against her. She cited the example of Doctor Hu Qingniu treating her as an outsider and refusing to treat and save her husband's life many years ago resulting in his death (I'm not sure how true this is. I thought the reality of the situation was that it was beyond Hu Qingniu's ability to treat her husband's wounds). So she does admit that although fully aware of the attack on the cult she felt zero obligation and responsibility to come to the Ming cult's defense. Xie Xun does shame her and scolds her and says that it was extremely small-minded of her to hold a grudge and not come to the cult's defense when it needed it the most.
    Thanks, goodrick for sharing this part.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    589

    Default

    yeah , her love to Ming cult is not that big
    first, she stayed at ming cult for a short time , only single digit year
    secondly, when she married with mr silver leaf, only xie xun and yang dingtian came , which make her dislike other ming cult members

  13. #13
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    22,524

    Default

    Dor Yee See was loyal to the Ming Cult...but only the original Persian iteration of the cult. I think she only ever joined the Chinese Ming Cult as a mole to find the missing Keen Kwun Dai Loi Yee scripts.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,804

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by a_tumiwa View Post
    yeah , her love to Ming cult is not that big
    first, she stayed at ming cult for a short time , only single digit year
    secondly, when she married with mr silver leaf, only xie xun and yang dingtian came , which make her dislike other ming cult members
    Mdm Yang did not attend?

  15. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    14

    Default

    what about persian ming cult do they have any ties with chinese ming cult ?
    when chinese cult under attack, will they lend any help to their brotherhood cult ?

  16. #16
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    22,524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by serdtje View Post
    what about persian ming cult do they have any ties with chinese ming cult ?
    when chinese cult under attack, will they lend any help to their brotherhood cult ?
    The Chinese branch of the Ming Cult was derived from the original Persian Ming Cult. Due to the vast geographical distance between Persia and China, the two branches generally ran their affairs separately even though the Chinese Ming Cult was technically subordinate to the Persian Ming Cult.

Similar Threads

  1. Tian Xi Di Yi Mia Po | Thien Ha De Nhat Ba Mai
    By lilviet_grl8o8 in forum Mainland China TV Series
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-18-12, 09:43 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-02-10, 04:15 AM
  3. Fan Wei Qi aka Fan Fan
    By big master in forum Actresses
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-17-07, 05:44 AM
  4. LHC always attacked, never defended?
    By rabadi in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 09-30-04, 11:56 PM
  5. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 04-28-04, 02:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •