Thread: Martial arts of Golden Furred Lion King Tse Tsun

Default Martial arts of Golden Furred Lion King Tse Tsun

I'm watching the 2019 adaptation of HSDS right now, and Xie Xun is definitely one of my favorite characters.

A key detail from the novel that TV series generally gloss over was that during his 20 years in the Ice Fire island, Xie Xun specifically said that his inner power greatly improved because the temperature switched between extremes of hot and cold.

Perhaps Xie Xun's boost is comparable to the Ice Bed used by Yang Guo, or perhaps his training against the waves? In the 2019 TV series, Xie Xun said he invented an inner power method that he wished to impart to Wuji, but he never named it. I wonder if the 3rd edition of HSDS mentioned the name of that new inner power method.

I think the greater than normal inner power boost of Xie Xun more than compensates for his blindness. He never seemed to care at all that he was blind, still thinking that discovering the secret of the Dragon Sabre would be enough to kill Cheng Kun, blind or not.
    Last edited by Tian Chixing's Chef; 06-08-19 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tian Chixing's Chef View Post
    I'm watching the 2019 adaptation of HSDS right now, and Xie Xun is definitely one of my favorite characters.

A key detail from the novel that TV series generally gloss over was that during his 20 years in the Ice Fire island, Xie Xun specifically said that his inner power greatly improved because the temperature switched between extremes of hot and cold.

Perhaps Xie Xun's boost is comparable to the Ice Bed used by Yang Guo, or perhaps his training against the waves? In the 2019 TV series, Xie Xun said he invented an inner power method that he wished to impart to Wuji, but he never named it. I wonder if the 3rd edition of HSDS mentioned the name of that new inner power method.

I think the greater than normal inner power boost of Xie Xun more than compensates for his blindness. He never seemed to care at all that he was blind, still thinking that discovering the secret of the Dragon Sabre would be enough to kill Cheng Kun, blind or not.
    If the "blinded" XX is "comparable" with YG (in term of internal strength) then Wuji would be at XZ/SPT level😕😕😕😕

I asked, as a way to spark friendly discussion, if Xie Xun's inner power boost during those 20 years could be comparable to Yang Guo's rapid inner power gain from the Ice Bed or his training from the waves.

Never did I infer that Xie Xun's total inner power was as strong as Yang Guo, or that by extension Zhang Wuji would be at Shi Potian's level. You sure like to jump to conclusions (or lack reading comprehension).

On top of Ice Bed and wave training, Yang Guo had access to other things such as 9 Yin, snake gallbladders, his own genius which together allowed his inner power to be very powerful.

the inner power technique that xie xun invented still had no name in third edition novel.

i think i have also heard that his internal power is increase because of temperature, but i dont remember which chapter in novel, anyone still remember?

Nach Yu "Miss understanding"😶😶😶😶YG post ocean "training" can "toe to toe" with Greats in term of "power" while XX after 20 year of "training" still can't "win" against Dragon King/Daiqisi🤭🤭🤭🤭

Quote Originally Posted by a_tumiwa View Post
    the inner power technique that xie xun invented still had no name in third edition novel.

i think i have also heard that his internal power is increase because of temperature, but i dont remember which chapter in novel, anyone still remember?
    I think the word "increased" or "improved" in JY quite unclear/ambigu..
    People like YTZ almost potrayed "underrated" (before Brightness Peak fight) but later We know XM duo or The A Trio is stronger than him

Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    I think the word "increased" or "improved" in JY quite unclear/ambigu..
    People like YTZ almost potrayed "underrated" (before Brightness Peak fight) but later We know XM duo or The A Trio is stronger than him
    Sorry I mean "undefeated"🙏🙏🙏🙏

Quote Originally Posted by a_tumiwa View Post

I have a feeling that Xie Xun's base inner power might have been taught to him by "Art of Origination" Cheng Kun (what a fantastic sounding nickname!)

So is it a new inner power he created? Or just the old one that he practiced under extreme conditions? Because Zhang Cuishan also practiced in the same geographic area. Unless Xie Xun purposely seeked out the hottest place in the day and the coldest place at night to practice, while Zhang Cuisan did his daily Wudang training then spent time with his family during his free time without exerting himself or trying to come up with new skills.

This would put Xie Xun even higher in my esteem, shows how much of a martial arts genius he is if he really invented a new inner power method.

This inner power practiced on the daily extreme weather of the song of Ice and Fire Island that made his qigong grow by leaps and bounds. Which seems like the Jade Ice Bed amplified by nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Tian Chixing's Chef View Post
    I have a feeling that Xie Xun's base inner power might have been taught to him by "Art of Origination" Cheng Kun (what a fantastic sounding nickname!)

So is it a new inner power he created? Or just the old one that he practiced under extreme conditions? Because Zhang Cuishan also practiced in the same geographic area. Unless Xie Xun purposely seeked out the hottest place in the day and the coldest place at night to practice, while Zhang Cuisan did his daily Wudang training then spent time with his family during his free time without exerting himself or trying to come up with new skills.

This would put Xie Xun even higher in my esteem, shows how much of a martial arts genius he is if he really invented a new inner power method.

This inner power practiced on the daily extreme weather of the song of Ice and Fire Island that made his qigong grow by leaps and bounds. Which seems like the Jade Ice Bed amplified by nature.
    Well TBH you rate Xie Xun too high indeed he is strong but at least 15-20 people much stronger than him exclude Z3F/Wuji..