Thread: the island that Yuan Chengzhi and co went at the end of sswrb?

Default the island that Yuan Chengzhi and co went at the end of sswrb?

"閣下如此豪杰,我有一件東西相贈。”

袁承志打開布包一看,見是一張折疊著的厚紙,攤了開來,原來是一 幅地圖,圖中所繪的似是大海中的一座島嶼,圖上注了許多彎彎曲曲的文字。

彼得道:“這是南方海上的一座大島,離開海岸有一千多里。島上氣候溫暖,物產丰富,真如天堂一 樣。我航海時 到過那里。”袁承志問道:“你給我這圖是甚麼意思?”彼得道:“你們在這里很是辛苦,不如帶了 中國沒飯吃的 受苦百姓,都到那島上去。”袁承志暗暗好笑,心道:“你這外國人心地倒好,只不過我們中國有多 大,億萬之眾 ,憑你再大的島也居住不下。”問道:“這島上沒人住麼?”彼得道:“有時有西班牙的海盜,有時 沒有。你們這 樣的英雄好漢,也不會怕那些該死的西班牙海盜。”

translation by google

"You are such a hero, I have a gift."

Yuan Chengzhi opened the cloth bag and saw it. It was a folded thick piece of paper. It was spread out. It turned out to be a map. The picture depicts an island in the sea. The picture is marked with many twists and turns. Text.

Peter said: "This is a big island in the southern sea, leaving the coast more than a thousand miles. The island has a warm climate and rich products, just like heaven. I have been there when I was sailing." Yuan Chengzhi asked: "You give me this picture." What does it mean?” Peter said: “You are very difficult here. It’s better to bring the suffering people who have no food in China to go to the island.” Yuan Chengzhi secretly laughed and said: “You foreigner’s heart is good, It’s just how big China is, hundreds of millions of people, and you can’t live with your big island.” Asked: “Is there no one on this island?” Peter said: “Sometimes there are Spanish pirates, sometimes not. Heroes like you, you will not be afraid of those damn Spanish pirates."

--------------------

it's general consensus that the island is Borneo, but why borneo? there are still other island with that description or similar to Borneo, for example the island of Sumatra , or maybe Riau Islands, or others
    maybe phillipines is a little southeast than just a south, but they have more history to spanish than indonesian islands.
    so why Borneo?
    Last edited by a_tumiwa; 07-04-19 at 07:16 AM.

Well I think outside Indonesian people almost don't know about Sumatera Borneo (Kalimantan) or Riau even they only know Indonesia is "just" Bali😓😓😓😓

Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    Well I think outside Indonesian people almost don't know about Sumatera Borneo (Kalimantan) or Riau even they only know Indonesia is "just" Bali😓😓😓😓
    so you think that the island is Bali?

No I mean the only thing people from different country know Indonesia is about Bali they never heard or know about Sumatera or Borneo (except our neighbour) since Sumatera and Borneo and Bali is referred as "Indonesia" in map..

okay , with the help of friends and some clues, my conclusion is..

the island is not Borneo, but one of philippines island

Yeeep I think Philipine it's more reasonable..