Thread: Simon Yam stabbed

Senior Member Mandred Skavenslayer's Avatar

Default Simon Yam stabbed

Hi Just found this on BBC news:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-49055463

Anyone heard about it yet?

Read it. Wondering what is the motive/reason to stab him.

Where the HELL was Simon's security? It seems incomprehensible that a celebrity of his stature in East Asia should be left so vulnerable at a public event. Unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Where the HELL was Simon's security? It seems incomprehensible that a celebrity of his stature in East Asia should be left so vulnerable at a public event. Unacceptable.
    He is an actor. He does not have enemies so he does not need body guard. No one expects this to happen to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    He is an actor. He does not have enemies so he does not need body guard. No one expects this to happen to him.
    Entertainment figures are often the targets of stalker fans who are a few french fries short of a Happy Meal. The late John Lennon of the Beatles was shot to death by an obsessed fan in 1980, and his fellow Beatle George Harrison was attacked inside his own home by another obsessed fan.

Entertainment figures are often the targets of stalker fans who are a few french fries short of a Happy Meal. The late John Lennon of the Beatles was shot to death by an obsessed fan in 1980, and his fellow Beatle George Harrison was attacked inside his own home by another obsessed fan.
    People who attacked actors/actresses/singers/etc. had mental issues. Seriously, if we like their movies or tv serials, then enjoy it. If not then don't watch it. They live a very different life than us so we better stay away from them. We don't know them personally and better stay that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    People who attacked actors/actresses/singers/etc. had mental issues. Seriously, if we like their movies or tv serials, then enjoy it. If not then don't watch it. They live a very different life than us so we better stay away from them. We don't know them personally and better stay that way.
    None of that protected Simon Yam from getting attacked. I do wonder if either he or the venue hosting the event hired security, and if so...what happened?

None of that protected Simon Yam from getting attacked. I do wonder if either he or the venue hosting the event hired security, and if so...what happened?
    I doubt Simon Yam has a personal bodyguard. Indeed, have never heard of HK actors/actresses having bodyguards.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    I doubt Simon Yam has a personal bodyguard. Indeed, have never heard of HK actors/actresses having bodyguards.
    If not, this incident might have at least some of them rethinking security. Anyone can be a target of violent crime, but I think the famous are even more susceptible. Fame often makes people specific targets for all kinds of craziness, including the violent variety.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    If not, this incident might have at least some of them rethinking security. Anyone can be a target of violent crime, but I think the famous are even more susceptible. Fame often makes people specific targets for all kinds of craziness, including the violent variety.
    This is an isolated incidence, not something occurs frequently. I don't think actors/actresses/singers/etc. need bodyguard. Again, they don't have enemy. If we like their show then enjoy it. If we don't like it, then don't watch it. It's better to focus on our own life.