Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Sword Dynasty《剑王朝》 李一桐

This main lead acting is so bad. They try to explain he fake his outer persona to cover up his inner secret and insecurities , but even in emotional scenes his face is stoned and eyes are dry while the other characters overshadow him. He may have the build, but it's hard to watch him in later part especially when even cold characters have more emotions than him. I guess the directors don't want him to over act exaggeratedly as well.

The debts, deaths, power scaling, revenge, acting, script, and lore doesn't make sense. Peter ho=main lead reincarnated for ten years. His disciple sacrifice herself ridiculous and get chop down in front of her lover. The Strive to regain his power and extend his life journey along with the twist he always know about his past. A lot of random deaths could be prevented even random virgin get save, but the crush heroine just die. I heard this was originally anime or video game. Maybe the medium is better the way it is. Z I hate to suck up and complain about the remakes of classic jin yong. This series have so much hype, but got derailed and all the expectation throw out the window. Seriously, lyt and support carrying this series. Even the veteran jin yong actor that played murongfu is more versatile.

I agree the acting and plot is bad , it's comparable to 2013-2014 era of lower budget production

--------------------------------------

10 minute interview

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://i.imgur.com/vBpiBmX.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://i.imgur.com/kUV9KYU.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://i.imgur.com/QgI4Iqm.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://i.imgur.com/p3sHXRo.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://i.imgur.com/kooUvWs.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by krabs View Post
    I agree the acting and plot is bad , it's comparable to 2013-2014 era of lower budget production

--------------------------------------

10 minute interview
    Liyitong is versatile and carrying the series and net station require peter ho sell it.yd
    Look like her next dream after this one is spy during waelord or premod seriesst. There's one modern one poster show she with older man idk if it's a platonic father daughter age love story or real parent child dramas.
    meebnbmcm

Quote Originally Posted by krabs View Post
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://i.imgur.com/vBpiBmX.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://i.imgur.com/kUV9KYU.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://i.imgur.com/QgI4Iqm.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://i.imgur.com/p3sHXRo.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://i.imgur.com/kooUvWs.jpg')
    A lot of fake makeup history and Fanatsy lore derive from online novel and chinese anime/game. Maybe the medium translation isnt mr right.

Tomorrow is ge finale and the script continues to dips and decline to worst cliche beta mess of trope storytelling. I don't think real people event inspire this. Introducing more lore to a random country and a gal that was saved to be killed off the next episode. Ten years doing nothing, but wasting his life away and suddenly rush doing everything and accomplish impossible task at year 11. Yaodi, the queen sudden change of hearts and betrayal. The pupil of the lead got a underwhelming death. Should of keep peter ho as the lead, but he's too experience expensive old. So many other inconsistencies, some retcon, and other flaws as the story goes on discounting the actings phoning in. How the heck burning your own body to ashes lead to you reborn in a silk cocoon at your original house near the lagoon. Power level aka realms aren't that impressive. Everyone is a 7 except for the two leads and very minor character. Everyone cultivate in sword related internal energy and uses sword that's attach/link to their lives even maids and possibly eunuch and maybe beggars than too. Monks? So many things could be avoided like the dangers if he reveal his id and admit his wrong earlier. Find a better place to cultivate instead of enemy warring territory.

after watching to episode 28, i dont think i will rate this drama high , just average

What a lousy ending. So many deaths could be avoided. They went for the ending where the villains lives and will feel guilty for life. The asshsle son takes over the throne. The heroine dies. The hero love in seclusion alone or just debatable undisclosed open ending faith. It put a bad taste in your mouth especially with the villains couple. Betraying the hero in the past and have the time to flirt and have endless sex while the dude suffers forever. The new white hair look dethrone yang guo 32 years of virgin hood. The scriptwriter must have a trolling distaste detets. The hero spend ten years hardly doing anything except fooling around and suddenly speed bump everything in th 11th year. Peter ho, liyitong can't save this series. The concept of power levels in term of realms and everyone using sword cultivation is interesting concept akin to chinese trying to test japanese shonen market, but the end result in disappointing.

The king and queen are just horrible characters villains wise just badly written. Flirtatious wanting to bang each other. One is jealous and constantly paranoid and one feel guilt, betrayal of love. Are we really expecting the queen to desperately marry the king for "love" that she didnt get and it's not even out of spite or gaining power at first. All to throw it away to try to go back to the guy he murdered.

There's no conclusion to the war because its endless and no epic revenge battle. All the effort for the sword and sacrifices for nothing. The king still enjoy his king hood aside from losing a son and his queen, but his power, cultivation, and wealth everything remains. People just random dies here for nothing like the sword saint guy that got pin by the queen.

I agree it sucks .... the ending is poorly written.
    The show was about revenge against selfish people yet both him and his tactician give up at the final moment , feels like the audience wasted their time.

rate it 5.5/10

the show also lack the "physical training" part where the character practice a new swordplay skill while some epic adrenaline background music
    in this universe , they stare at painting , or meditate hocus pocus with color energy flying around ... they just download new skill into the brain and know it
    Last edited by krabs; 01-05-20 at 12:26 AM.

I agree that this plot is awful

Too bad another Wuxia not doing well.

They went the anime manga inspire/copy whatever you call it shu like hk comedy, except it takes itself too serious. It's both interesting and dumb concept that everyone can fight and use sword even government official to maid and possible eunuch. Fake history and geography aside, the whole mythology with soul transfer or body reform/rebirth never made sense. How come he gets rebirth from nothing hundred or thousand of miles away in a lake house. I assume the ending was left ambiguous and the perfect interpretation is both of the lead become immortal bonding within the sword. I think there's a lot of potential with deviation from original source materials , but terrible executions. The main villain is insecure, jealous, and power hungry. The queen is an underuse indecisive b that f the enemy, betray her lover, slaughter his people, and at the end did a 180. All because she thinks peter love liyitong. After she's dead, ok ill paralyze my husband and let's rule together. It's my nature to be a B because I'm from this mysterious island that train highly skilled warrior with potential to rule.
    Well, good thing there's fast forward and saturation of quality and quantity entertainment. I remember back in the older early internet days you kind of appreciated whatever trash script or bad acting you came across seeing.
    Kitdiormg

I can't believe jin yong materials like jttw / monkey king maybe nezha or lotr by Tolkien still live up and endless remakes are on the way. While kind of half witted series like this can exist. It makes you wonder sometime when you interpret it that way. Also, there's no implication or hint this thirsty teen is peter ho "reincarnated with memories". The amount of time the king and queen lust for each other is meh. There's no climatic arcs in this series. The whole training for the tournament , finding a cure, rescue a comrade/secret solve, pupil / crush 's sacrifice, finding magical sword weapon to make you a god, and finale etc are bad and doen't live up to the expectations. There are time it's coming and it might be good, but they took the alternate route. The character bond and interaction are lacking. The whole side quest with the befriending the prince and meeting neighbor king as well as minor ethnic tribe getting wipe out means so little. Coincident the sword is there where the war happened and the all powerful spirit or immortal sword owner did one of those pretentious test because of his underdevelop backstory. He save one girl, but not the other. At the end the girl he save chose to die anyway.