Thread: More TV series bullcrap made it to Wiki - Now its Xiao Feng....

Default More TV series bullcrap made it to Wiki - Now its Xiao Feng....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demi-G...ng's_story

Seriously....

Qiao Feng is the charismatic chief of the Beggars' Sect who possesses strong leadership qualities and is perhaps the strongest/ most willed character in this novel. His internal energy is among the best(if not the best) and possesses the original "18 dragon subduing palms" which is considered the strongest version before refining it into a more orthodox version and ordering Xu Zhu to pass it on to the next leader so it wouldn't bring extreme chaos to the wulin world(he knows how powerful it can be and ultimately he realizes that sometimes he is also the victim of the skill because all the chaos it adds to the problems he already had) towards the end of the novel. Guo Jing possessed the refined version but was missing several alternate palm stances that were removed by Qiao. But still even that version was considered the most powerful skill for the next generations(proved by Guo Jing when he beat everyone in his prime day using it). When Qiao Feng fought the Sweeper Monk(who had 100 years worth of internal energy, access to every Shaolin Sect kung fu manual, lived there his entire life. Although some suspected he was an elder of the "Xiao Yao Sect" residing in Shaolin Sect to steal manuals.) the monk mentions that Qiao Feng's 18 palms is the strongest force in the world and was amazed because at that time no one could even stand a chance going up against the sweeper monk but Xiao Feng put the monk off his toes and made him feel loose for the first time although Qiao Feng would ultimately be defeated. He had tremendous tenacity and showed that when his allies were ambushed and he was forced into a trapped temple. He managed to save his comrades but he was poisoned by the "Jinx Palms" and coincidently this was the night before the Wulin Tournament at Mount Hua but was still able to defeat Murong Fu(later revealed as the culprit to who ordered the hit on Qiao Feng).
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demi-G...ng's_story

Seriously....

Qiao Feng is the charismatic chief of the Beggars' Sect who possesses strong leadership qualities and is perhaps the strongest/ most willed character in this novel. His internal energy is among the best(if not the best) and possesses the original "18 dragon subduing palms" which is considered the strongest version before refining it into a more orthodox version and ordering Xu Zhu to pass it on to the next leader so it wouldn't bring extreme chaos to the wulin world(he knows how powerful it can be and ultimately he realizes that sometimes he is also the victim of the skill because all the chaos it adds to the problems he already had) towards the end of the novel. Guo Jing possessed the refined version but was missing several alternate palm stances that were removed by Qiao. But still even that version was considered the most powerful skill for the next generations(proved by Guo Jing when he beat everyone in his prime day using it). When Qiao Feng fought the Sweeper Monk(who had 100 years worth of internal energy, access to every Shaolin Sect kung fu manual, lived there his entire life. Although some suspected he was an elder of the "Xiao Yao Sect" residing in Shaolin Sect to steal manuals.) the monk mentions that Qiao Feng's 18 palms is the strongest force in the world and was amazed because at that time no one could even stand a chance going up against the sweeper monk but Xiao Feng put the monk off his toes and made him feel loose for the first time although Qiao Feng would ultimately be defeated. He had tremendous tenacity and showed that when his allies were ambushed and he was forced into a trapped temple. He managed to save his comrades but he was poisoned by the "Jinx Palms" and coincidently this was the night before the Wulin Tournament at Mount Hua but was still able to defeat Murong Fu(later revealed as the culprit to who ordered the hit on Qiao Feng).
    This is going to take a little longer to work through. Unlike the Yeung Gor entry, where the bullcrap was conspicuous and obvious, here it is interwoven with accurate information and will take longer to dissect and reassemble. Many of the problems with the above article are unfounded speculation, birdwalks onto off-topic material (seriously...why is Gwok Jing, who lived 100 years later, doing in this discussion about Kiu Fung?), and the expected hyperbole.

"... put the monk off his toes and made him feel loose for the first time..." - I'm sorry, I burst out laughing at that!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew View Post
    "... put the monk off his toes and made him feel loose for the first time..." - I'm sorry, I burst out laughing at that!!!
    Yeah, we're going to need to fix this.

Pardon me. Did this event take place - "Wulin Tournament at Mount Hua" ?
    Other than that, maybe the writer should use Qiao Feng and Xiao Feng at the correct point in time.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Pardon me. Did this event take place - "Wulin Tournament at Mount Hua" ?
    Other than that, maybe the writer should use Qiao Feng and Xiao Feng at the correct point in time.
    The original writer was basing his entire wiki article on the DGSD 2013 TV series.

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    The original writer was basing his entire wiki article on the DGSD 2013 TV series.
    I did watch this series. But can't remember whether this event really took place. I always thought Mt Hua tournament only pertain to LOCH and ROCH. But again I can be wrong.

As in research work, one need to point to the source for the writeup, novel included. E.g. we know that different editions of JY's same novel contain different facts. So it will be good to note that the writeup is based on say 2013 TV adaptation or HSDS, 3rd edition.

this page also give a wrong information

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Heaven_Sect

The Tianshan Tonglao's one in Jin Yong is never called mount heaven sect(or tianshan sect), people in jianghu only said Lingjiu Palace or vulture palace, the location is on Mount Heaven, not the name of sect is Tianshan sect

Dude, this is awesome. Allow me to join the fun.

Should I contribute some undeniable facts about... a certain master of a sharp weapon whose pillar-thrusting, head-tossing, and halo-emitting feats startled the martial world unlike any other before him?
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Dude, this is awesome. Allow me to join the fun.

Should I contribute some undeniable facts about... a certain master of a sharp weapon whose pillar-thrusting, head-tossing, and halo-emitting feats startled the martial world unlike any other before him?
    YES!!! DO IT!!!!

Don't forget the astounding voice transmission and perfect positioning abilities too.