Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 129

Thread: Random Thoughts III

  1. #101
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    5,317

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    Coronavirus has reached the US.
    The whole year will be affected in view of the heavy travelling nowadays.

  2. #102
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    5,317

    Default

    Did I eat something wrong? Had diarrhea 3 times - at 3am, 6am, 9am. Think I will eat some medicine after eating some bread. Now, no appetite.

  3. #103
    Senior Member charbydis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    White Camel Mountain
    Posts
    6,263

    Default

    Is everyone doing ok? Everyone have disinfectant wipes and face masks with them?
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

  4. #104
    Senior Member charbydis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    White Camel Mountain
    Posts
    6,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Did I eat something wrong? Had diarrhea 3 times - at 3am, 6am, 9am. Think I will eat some medicine after eating some bread. Now, no appetite.
    Maybe you have a virus that your body is trying to expel from your system. Drink water, eat if you feel like it and then sleep like crazy.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

  5. #105
    Senior Member charbydis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    White Camel Mountain
    Posts
    6,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    To others, perhaps.

    But we know you've been a fan of Au Yeung Hak and West Poison Au Yeung Fung for years, so to us, it's remarkably consistent.
    Did I mention I like Magneto too?
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

  6. #106
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    5,317

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    Maybe you have a virus that your body is trying to expel from your system. Drink water, eat if you feel like it and then sleep like crazy.
    Thanks. Now back to normal.

  7. #107
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Giang Ho, Canada
    Posts
    4,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    The whole year will be affected in view of the heavy travelling nowadays.
    Unfortunately, things are getting worse and worse before getting better.

  8. #108
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    5,317

    Default

    Just killed a male and a female mosquito in the toilet.

  9. #109
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    5,317

    Default

    Can a person who feels that he has enough wealth and is healthy be sadder that a person who feels that he lacks wealth and full of health problems?

  10. #110
    Senior Member Nan Ling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Can a person who feels that he has enough wealth and is healthy be sadder that a person who feels that he lacks wealth and full of health problems?
    I think the person who is wealthy and in good health can be sadder because once your wealthy, you may suddenly have a lot of friends but how do you know if they are really your friends? You may feel very lonely. Also, people can be very jealous of you and secretly wish for your downfall.

  11. #111
    Senior Member Nan Ling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    Is everyone doing ok? Everyone have disinfectant wipes and face masks with them?
    I read that people were cleaning around their house with alcohol and as a result cause fires to break out in china. =(

    a friend said she thinks its seasonal. Once it gets hotter, cases of the virus should decrease.

  12. #112
    Senior Member Nan Ling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Thanks. Now back to normal.
    glad to hear that you are better. As we get older, we can only try to take care of our health.

  13. #113
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    5,317

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nan Ling View Post
    I think the person who is wealthy and in good health can be sadder because once your wealthy, you may suddenly have a lot of friends but how do you know if they are really your friends? You may feel very lonely. Also, people can be very jealous of you and secretly wish for your downfall.
    Good point.

  14. #114
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    5,317

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nan Ling View Post
    glad to hear that you are better. As we get older, we can only try to take care of our health.
    But it came back this morning. I notice that very often, I feel a chill before the diarrhea (3 times). Better now.
    Is there any relationship between coldness and diarrhea? I have a fan moving over my body over the night. I do not have a blanket as I find it warm when using it. Any advice?

  15. #115
    Senior Member charbydis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    White Camel Mountain
    Posts
    6,263

    Default

    Crazy stuff happening in the shops as people stockpile supplies for the coronavirus. Someone got tasered for choking staff as they could not find toilet paper.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

  16. #116
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    5,317

    Default

    The criteria for gf and wife are different. The former are those who you want to bring for your different adventures. The latter is one who will take good care of the family, especially you are "gone" early. Sound logical?

  17. #117
    Senior Member Nan Ling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    Is everyone doing ok? Everyone have disinfectant wipes and face masks with them?
    So far, I'm okay. Everything is sold out. From toilet paper, face mask, disinfectant wipes.....

  18. #118
    Senior Member Nan Ling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    Crazy stuff happening in the shops as people stockpile supplies for the coronavirus. Someone got tasered for choking staff as they could not find toilet paper.
    I saw in Australia, these two women fighting over toilet paper. It's good they made special hours for seniors. Some live alone and harder for them to buy supplies.



    Stay safe everyone and take care of yourselves.

  19. #119
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Giang Ho, Canada
    Posts
    4,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nan Ling View Post
    So far, I'm okay. Everything is sold out. From toilet paper, face mask, disinfectant wipes.....
    Face mask and disinfectant wipes are scarce and should be but people should not crazy about toilet paper and water bottle.

  20. #120
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    5,317

    Default

    When will the Covid situation end?

Similar Threads

  1. Random Thoughts of Wuxia
    By PJ in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 387
    Last Post: 11-11-19, 04:53 AM
  2. Forensic Heroes III 《法證先鋒III》
    By Boshox in forum TVB Series
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 05-14-12, 06:02 PM
  3. Random Thoughts
    By kay &!* in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 5269
    Last Post: 11-25-10, 02:07 AM
  4. Burning Flame III 《烈火雄心III》
    By triumph2004 in forum TVB Series
    Replies: 87
    Last Post: 05-01-10, 03:21 AM
  5. Healing Hands I-III 《妙手仁心I-III》
    By rachellam in forum TVB Series
    Replies: 437
    Last Post: 05-22-08, 01:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •